New neighbor construction update w/photos

These pictures reinforce why this project leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. There is significant amounts of open land and Disney CHOSE to crowd and encroach on the ambiance and physical layout of the heart of the Fort. I don't have a problem with this project other than I feel that there is impact to the Fort that is unnecessary and could have been avoided with a little more care paid to the site plan.

I'd really hate to see boat transportation shared!

Who knows, mickeyfan0805. :confused3 It's shared over at the WL Resort and DVC property. And GF and Poly I guess too.

These pictures reinforce why this project leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. There is significant amounts of open land and Disney CHOSE to crowd and encroach on the ambiance and physical layout of the heart of the Fort. I don't have a problem with this project other than I feel that there is impact to the Fort that is unnecessary and could have been avoided with a little more care paid to the site plan.

But amcc, it's lake front property on Bay Lake. Lots of shared infrastructure (i.e. lower costs) already in place because of the resorts nearby (WL and FW). Transportation, utilities, roads, amenities much of which is within easy reach already. Who in Disney can resist the Siren's Song of an easy profit? :music:

There won't be many/any more Key West-type DVC's which are "out there somewhere all by themselves". Nah. They've encroached on the Fort, converted Caribbean portion into Riviera, I expect them to convert some portion of Riverside or expand next to Port Orleans (which is a small Mod property) in the future. Or leverage the Skyliner over at Pop and AoA (remember Disney is trying to get away from the Deluxe, Moderate, Value designations to maximize revenues).

The DVC beast demands to be fed. And it will be. The Fort held on as long as it could but no resort is immune.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Thanks everyone for all the drawings and renderings.

I looked at the parking lots and it struck me just how big this resort is, 840 parking spaces, approximatley 600 hotel rooms and what is likely 100 dedicated DVC studios, 150 lockoff 2brs 75 dedicated 2 bedrooms and 11 grand villas if the distribution is like previous projects and that does not include the other hotel and DVC strcutures along the lake. That is a max occupancy of around 5000 people,

In comparison it is the size of the contemorary and bay lake towers combined and bigger than board walk resort and board walk villas combined.,

I am looking forward to staying on the DVC side, but sad about the impact on the tranquility of the campgrouds

Thanks everyone for all the drawings and renderings.

. That is a max occupancy of around 5000 people,

In comparison it is the size of the contemorary and bay lake towers combined and bigger than board walk resort and board walk villas combined.,

I have to wonder how they are expecting to get all these people into MK on one little boat dock! Especially if it is shared with the Fort.

I have to wonder how they are expecting to get all these people into MK on one little boat dock! Especially if it is shared with the Fort.

There is a dock on the Reflections drawings.

See it in panel C-204 (upper right corner) of the drawing I linked in this Camping thread: See post #13

Then there is a close-up here: See post #24

How/if they will use it in conjunction with the Fort dock is anyone's guess at this point.

Bama Ed

Who knows, mickeyfan0805. :confused3 It's shared over at the WL Resort and DVC property. And GF and Poly I guess too.

They are - but in many cases those were conversions and/or smaller-scale add-ons to large resorts. Reflections is said to have some 900 rooms. That could easily mean a 50-75% increase in usage over the current demand from FW. I don't imagine they would share wheeled service, but the lack of waterfront excavation makes me worried that they plan to share docks. Hopefully the drawing you shared on the other thread wins out and they get their own boat service.

They are - but in many cases those were conversions and/or smaller-scale add-ons to large resorts. Reflections is said to have some 900 rooms.

That's true about conversions like at Poly, Marty - a few extra bungolows doesn't add that much boat traffic.

Well if Reflections has its own boat service then I'll go stand in which ever line has quicker/better service. :rolleyes1 The walk from my Preferred Loop won't be drastically different.

Ed

PS - or not that far from the Settlement Bus Depot

Last edited:
Okay Ed just want to know how you plan on getting over the border wall :-) between the elite DVC resort and the lowly campground to use their dock. I know if anyone can do it you can. And yes they will have the their own bus stop and dock. I really don't think they want to share with us but may gladly come over to the Fort to use the amenities.

Okay Ed just want to know how you plan on getting over the border wall :-) between the elite DVC resort and the lowly campground to use their dock. I know if anyone can do it you can.
I have some of Ed's plans so far.

giphy.gif

or

giphy.gif

j

Okay Ed just want to know how you plan on getting over the border wall :-) between the elite DVC resort and the lowly campground to use their dock.

Oh they can't keep me in, Mike - I'll break out for sure.

giphy.gif

I really don't think they want to share with us but may gladly come over to the Fort to use the amenities.

I better not catch 'em sneakin' into the Meadow Pool, though, dag nab it.

Those DVC/R folks will keep tryin' to sneak over to the wide beautiful expanse of the Fort. We'll need a camper's volunteer brigade to maintain the border behind Pioneer Hall (like Davy Crockett at the Alamo) to keep those unfortunate people from infringing on our desirable way of life. I'm glad I'm on this side of the wall.....

MV5BZWY3MGVmM2YtYzkzYy00MjNmLTljMDctNDc5ZWUyNTM2OWU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDUyOTUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

What a guy - it reminds me of someone :rolleyes:

474-4747734_musket-mickey-sign-mickey-mouse-fort-wilderness-hd.png

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Okay Ed just want to know how you plan on getting over the border wall :-) between the elite DVC resort and the lowly campground to use their dock. I know if anyone can do it you can. And yes they will have the their own bus stop and dock. I really don't think they want to share with us but may gladly come over to the Fort to use the amenities.
There is a walkway between the lowly Caribbean Beach Resort and the Riviera DVC. So no wall.

Now if you want to keep the Reflections (if that is the name of the DVC being built next to the Fort) people out, you may want to post some sentries. :)

Last edited:
There is a walkway between the lowly Caribbean Beach Resort and the Riviera DVC. So no wall.

I actually stayed at CBR recently so I can speak to this somewhat (although Riviera was still under construction). DD was a College Program Cast Member and we got a 40% discount to stay there. And even at that, I was like, "meh" :confused3 .

Honestly CBR is underwhelming so no wonder there was no wall. But the Fort is different:
  • Those DVC folks will come over to the Fort to use our famous Trails End, P&J's Southern Takeout, and Hoop Dee Doo Review options at Pioneer Hall (although no doubt they'll have some bland dining options of their own).
  • They'll come over to get in their jog or 3-mile walk rather than loop around their own paved parking lot multiple times.
  • Chip & Dale's Campfire Singalong will be a draw (the other resorts don't have characters at their fires that I'm aware of).
  • Pet owners who board their pets on property will want to walk them over to the Fort and dog owners to the dog park
  • They'll probably rent or ride their bikes around the Fort or rent a Fort golf cart rather than peddle in circles in their paved parking lot. Or hit our exercise trail down to Wilderness Lodge.
  • Wait till they learn about our 4th of July, Halloween, and Christmas golf cart parades (either as spectators or participants)
  • You Halloween folks better buy more candy because the kids at DVC will be headed over with empty bags to Trick or Treat on Halloween night (especially you folks nearest Pioneer Hall).
  • The general friendliness of campers - as folks walk the loops past my site, we either nod or say hello and they respond in same. Some even stop to chat about my Aliner, camping, my DIS sign, or whatever. How many resort folks get to know the people in the room next to them?
I get it - camping in an expensive trailer or rv is not for everyone. I like sleeping in "my own bed" while I'm on vacation at Disney World. I like to say that my camper is my cabin in the woods, my condo at the beach, and my timeshare at Disney. It goes with me on vacation nearly all the time (just got back from a wedding in Cleveland. In February. No camper. :cold: ). And DVC folks, most of them, are happy with their resort choice (other than trying to book non-home at popular times and the whole "walking" thing). But R will be paired with Riviera only for non-home stays initially so a 7-month reservation will be easy the first few years.

Which by the time it get's hard I'll probably be a full time Fort Cabin guy (I'm going soft in my old age! haha). I just don't want the Fort to change because it's being overrun by 900 rooms worth of people on their non-park days when they decide to come over and crowd things up.

Time will tell.

Bama Ed

PS - gonna keep my shot, patches, and powder dry, though, just in case.....

Last edited:
I just don't want the Fort to change because it's being overrun by 900 rooms worth of people on their non-park days when they decide to come over and crowd things up.

Time will tell.

Bama Ed

This is my focus as well. I honestly don't see a major impact on things such as HDDR, as that is generally a booked up and paid event anyway. I'm also hoping that their dining offerings might draw some Fort guests to offset some of the impact there. It's the free offerings that most concern me. The peaceful walks, campfire, cart parades, ToT, etc... that you mention are likely the things that will be most impacted. A few extra people here and there are fine, but our Fort trips allow us to step away from the 'busstling' feel of the resorts. I'd hate for that to be compromised!

When is Reflections scheduled to open? What is the purpose of this hotel beside the campground? Doesn't the Wilderness Lodge give that "wilderness" effect but yet a hotel stay? Am I missing something altogether?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter