New pin

Ok I just called and spoke to someone different. I'm fine. Apparently they sent out Florida license one and then loews sent one out not realizing Florida stuff was on the bottom. Just to be safe, she added note at bottom saying I did not need Florida id to check in. So if anyone in other states got Florida one and want to book. I would def call!

I also spoke to a representative and was told the same. He also added that certain people have the pin attached to their name. Since it was attached to mine they could not deny me the code even though I am not a Florida resident.

I got one for 40% and it does not say Florida resident on it .I am not able to use it though :( ..Hopefully I will get one for next year

i didn't get the pin that others are talking about.
but, even if i did, wouldn't be able to use it as i will be there oct 3 and the pin is not valid after oct 1st.

booked with the smsm for a 35% discount so i'm not crying the blues for no pin.

i didn't get the pin that others are talking about.
but, even if i did, wouldn't be able to use it as i will be there oct 3 and the pin is not valid after oct 1st.

booked with the smsm for a 35% discount so i'm not crying the blues for no pin.

Me either.

But I had the PBH FL pin for the 2 week window! The savings paid for our RPR stay too.

There were actually two pins sent out one for 40% off the family suites at CBBR, Fla Res and another for the Deluxe hotels 40% Fla Resident. They do ask for your ID at C/I.
Want to thank the OP for the discussion. It made me take a double look at the emails. We are going in Dec for the podcast party and our TA was able to add it to the reservation and get us an upgrade, saving us over $100.

I got the Florida one as well. I didn't see the fine print at the bottom with regards to Florida ID. When I called to book nothing was mentioned. They had my info in the computer from previous stays and she confirmed my western Canadian address. I guess I'll call back to insure I don't need to be from Florida.

Booked a room at RPR for 10 nights in December. The code saved me $140 over the Stay more Save more discount. The 40% discount are at PBR, a club level room for the same dates saved $300 over the SMSM 30% discount.

Do conventions typically book club level at RPR? The entire club level at RPR is booked for our dates Dec. 1st-11th. She wasn't sure why. I've been looking at those dates online for a few months and they never showed availblilty then either. I don't think the refurb will have reached tower 3 by then so must be booked solid. Has to be a convention, because those dates would normally see the resort half empty.

Dis Unplugged is having a Disapalooza podcast party at DA, Dec 5. About 900 people are attending so that might be one reason.

Last edited:
Here is the info, but it is sold out.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/disapalooza-2015-official-information-thread.3400237/

They have one every odd numbered year. This is our second event. Private party for dismembers to enjoy either a US or Disney section of the park.
On the even years they do a podcast cruise. 2016 is on Oasis of the Seas.
If you look under the Dis podcast forum you can see the information.

Sounds like fun!

Unfortunately we just decided on dates and booked our trip today so I missed out. :(

So I called back today to finalise plans.

The TM on the phone confirmed for me that no Florida ID is required. She read her instructions out loud for me, stating that if anyone called with one of these that it was to be booked as a special offer and noted on the reservation that no ID was required.

After debating staying at HRH or PBH we ended up going with our original booking at RPR. No fridges at PBH sunk that one for us. My wife wanted to stay at HRH, but the discount there was only 30% (same price as SMSM), not 40% like the two actual Loews hotels, no king beds in the standard room, and no free upgrade for "blue level". So for 10 nights it was $390 more for the HRH standard room versus what will hopefully be a waterview king room at RPR. Were there Dec. 1st-11th, so should be slow enough then to get the upgrade. I know most on here don't care about the view, but I do sometimes sit by the window at night with a book or my iPad and a water or theme park view is nice.

Funny story. When I called today I got the exact same TM as I talked to Friday. I recognized her voice and she said she remembered me as well. Maybe their call center is smaller than I think, but that would sure never happen calling Disney!!

I got a pin and called, but it was cheaper for me to book on Cheaptickets or Orbitz. Have any of you compared to those options?

i don't use the 3rd party vendors for staying onsite at the darkside.
i need to keep my youfirst level so book thru UO or Loews direct.

So I called back today to finalise plans.

The TM on the phone confirmed for me that no Florida ID is required. She read her instructions out loud for me, stating that if anyone called with one of these that it was to be booked as a special offer and noted on the reservation that no ID was required.

After debating staying at HRH or PBH we ended up going with our original booking at RPR. No fridges at PBH sunk that one for us. My wife wanted to stay at HRH, but the discount there was only 30% (same price as SMSM), not 40% like the two actual Loews hotels, no king beds in the standard room, and no free upgrade for "blue level". So for 10 nights it was $390 more for the HRH standard room versus what will hopefully be a waterview king room at RPR. Were there Dec. 1st-11th, so should be slow enough then to get the upgrade. I know most on here don't care about the view, but I do sometimes sit by the window at night with a book or my iPad and a water or theme park view is nice.

Funny story. When I called today I got the exact same TM as I talked to Friday. I recognized her voice and she said she remembered me as well. Maybe their call center is smaller than I think, but that would sure never happen calling Disney!!

Good call on RPR. The view staying that many days is important to us too. If we just stay one night on a weekend I can care less on view. We have given up a good view to someone else before on an overnighter.

At those dates you should have no issue getting upgraded. We will be there the first weekend as usual for grinchmas. We will probably stay at RPR too so maybe we can hook up.

Just think, if you stay 5 nights or more it counts for 2 stays on your Loews You First.

Dumb question, do we have to have gotten an email to utilize the discount or can we just call and see if it can be applied?
We're booked at CBBR 11/19-11/23 and maybe we could switch to a Loews hotel if the price was comparable after the discount :)

Dumb question, do we have to have gotten an email to utilize the discount or can we just call and see if it can be applied?
We're booked at CBBR 11/19-11/23 and maybe we could switch to a Loews hotel if the price was comparable after the discount :)

i think you need the pin code.

if you call, the TM will ask for the pin #

maybe you will get one soon!

Good call on RPR. The view staying that many days is important to us too. If we just stay one night on a weekend I can care less on view. We have given up a good view to someone else before on an overnighter.

At those dates you should have no issue getting upgraded. We will be there the first weekend as usual for grinchmas. We will probably stay at RPR too so maybe we can hook up.

Just think, if you stay 5 nights or more it counts for 2 stays on your Loews You First.

Bluer you're one of the most helpful members of the Darkside section, I would love to buy you a drink at the pool bar one evening!

It's just the wife and I this trip and we have no specific plan. We're going to just take it as it comes, so shouldn't be a problem to work around your schedule one night for a drink. Would have loved to go to the DIS event Dec 5th, but it's already sold out.

meet up with bluer by all means.

he can show you the ropes easy so you can cover more ground for the entire time you will be there.

bluer is great to get you around the parks easily without missing a thing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter