• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

New Premium Annual Pass discount, But..

I have been reading all the posts and I'm a little confused. We will be going to DW 12/2014 and 5/2015. We want to buy a PAP, but have to do it online or over the phone. Can I wait until 12/2014 to activate the passes or will the 365 days start on the day of purchase?

I have been reading all the posts and I'm a little confused. We will be going to DW 12/2014 and 5/2015. We want to buy a PAP, but have to do it online or over the phone. Can I wait until 12/2014 to activate the passes or will the 365 days start on the day of purchase?

You need to purchase the pass before April 30th but have until Jan 31, 2015 to actually activate. It activates when you pick it up.

Thanks! Will I be able to book fastpasses before it is activated?
Yes. When you purchase the pass you will get a Will Call confirmation number. Enter that number into MDE and you will be able to book FP+.

You can also opt to pay to have vouchers mailed to you. I've read here that you can enter the voucher numbers into MDE once the vouchers arrive in the mail.

Yes. When you purchase the pass you will get a Will Call confirmation number. Enter that number into MDE and you will be able to book FP+.

You can also opt to pay to have vouchers mailed to you. I've read here that you can enter the voucher numbers into MDE once the vouchers arrive in the mail.

Thank you!

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I own DVC, and live with my parents. My parents wanted to take my son down to Disney before school gets out (DH and I are both teachers). If we purchased the PAP for them, how would that work since it says you need to show the DVC card and photo id? Would they not be able to get the tickets without us there? What if we ordered online?

Thanks!

(fyi I did post this in another forum too)

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I own DVC, and live with my parents. My parents wanted to take my son down to Disney before school gets out (DH and I are both teachers). If we purchased the PAP for them, how would that work since it says you need to show the DVC card and photo id? Would they not be able to get the tickets without us there? What if we ordered online?

Thanks!

(fyi I did post this in another forum too)

If they have something that shows their address is the same as yours, I think all they would need is a copy of your license and DVC card..but, to make sure, I would give MS a call or do the online chat through the website...its quick and easy to get answers that way!

I apologize as I know this is answered above basically but I just want to clarify-

If my fam of four wants to travel in August and we want the PAP discount for DVC members we buy before april 30th and pass won't start activation until our trip starts on August 15th.

We also have a friend going who doesn't live with us so she would have to buy her AP not with the discount through the regular Disney site right? Hers also wouldn't be active until we go through the gate right?

Lastly, just want to confirm- would we both, DVC family and the one who is not, be able to enter our numbers into DME for sure and make FP+ at 60 days?

Is it better to have both ours and hers at will call and enter confirmation number or is it easier to get the vouchers and enter that way? We need to order ours by April 30th but she could do anytime before 60 days out in order to be able to do FP+ on time right?

How far in advance should she order to make sure she has number and can enter it by 60 day window?

Thanks for answers to all of these questions. It is too late and I should go to bed! Just wanted to make sure I was thinking straight!

We have PAP that expire in December. I think we can take advantage of the offer, since we will activate the new ones in December. What I do not understand is how do I buy what I need? Do I call MS or do I need to buy renewal vouchers in person in April?:confused3

We have PAP that expire in December. I think we can take advantage of the offer, since we will activate the new ones in December. What I do not understand is how do I buy what I need? Do I call MS or do I need to buy renewal vouchers in person in April?:confused3

I believe the PAP can be purchased either way, 1) via voucher on the website or 2) in person at guest services

Is this deal better than the renewal pricing?

The DVC website says (in the fine print) that up to 8 PAPs can be purchased at the discounted rate. When I click on the link to buy them through the Disney website, it shows me to correct DVC price, but says (in the fine print) that 6 PAPs can be purchased at the discounted price. The website lets me put 7 PAPs in my cart with the discounted price, but I don't want to get there and have trouble at the will call window. Has anyone bought more than 6? Thanks.

I have read everything here and the sticky on upgrading tickets. I just want to verify what I think I need to do, so sorry for asking this yet again.

We presently have 4 day tickets bought before the ticket price increase. My understanding from reading the DIS is that on my first day in the parks (on April 1st) I use the 4 day ticket, go into the park and before I leave the park, go to Guest Relations and upgrade my ticket to a DVC Premium AP and pay the difference between the new, increased ticket price and the discounted DVC Premium AP.

Is this correct? I don't want to use it and then not be able to upgrade it. Don't want to mess this up! Thanks!

I have read everything here and the sticky on upgrading tickets. I just want to verify what I think I need to do, so sorry for asking this yet again. We presently have 4 day tickets bought before the ticket price increase. My understanding from reading the DIS is that on my first day in the parks (on April 1st) I use the 4 day ticket, go into the park and before I leave the park, go to Guest Relations and upgrade my ticket to a DVC Premium AP and pay the difference between the new, increased ticket price and the discounted DVC Premium AP. Is this correct? I don't want to use it and then not be able to upgrade it. Don't want to mess this up! Thanks!

This is correct. Just be sure to know what the difference is that you should be paying in case the CM doesn't know to price bridge to the current gate price for your ticket. If they don't know how, get your tickets back and go to someone who does. :)

Great info and easier to find the answers on here than on the Disney site! From her I found that I can buy now to activate my PAP on arrival in August and my PAP year starts from there.

I couldn't find it anywhere on the DVC site.

I now know I can book FP+ too 60 days in advance. Now need to find out what this is!!! And also do I get a Magic Band (I want one!!)

I now know I can book FP+ too 60 days in advance. Now need to find out what this is!!! And also do I get a Magic Band (I want one!!)

FP+ and customization of MagicBands is done on the My Disney Experience (MDX) website. Once you link your room reservation to MDX, you can customize your MagicBands. Since you live outside of the US, the MagicBands will be sent to your resort for pick-up at check-in.

You can link the PAP will call confirmation to MDX and that will allow you to make FP+ selections beginning at 60 days from check-in. If not staying at a Disney Resort, the annual pass will allow you to make FP+ selections up to 30 days prior to the day of use.

Check out the Tips & Tricks for MyMagic+ page on the member website. Below is a direct link to the page (sign on required to view).

https://dvc.disney.go.com/members/member-extras/member-news/my-magic-plus

FP+ and customization of MagicBands is done on the My Disney Experience (MDX) website. Once you link your room reservation to MDX, you can customize your MagicBands. Since you live outside of the US, the MagicBands will be sent to your resort for pick-up at check-in.

You can link the PAP will call confirmation to MDX and that will allow you to make FP+ selections beginning at 60 days from check-in. If not staying at a Disney Resort, the annual pass will allow you to make FP+ selections up to 30 days prior to the day of use.

Check out the Tips & Tricks for MyMagic+ page on the member website. Below is a direct link to the page (sign on required to view).

https://dvc.disney.go.com/members/member-extras/member-news/my-magic-plus

Thank you!!

I'm not staying onsite for this trip as we need a bigger accommodation so is it 30 days for fast pass plus for us?

Will we be able to get magic bands??

Xx

Thank you!!

I'm not staying onsite for this trip as we need a bigger accommodation so is it 30 days for fast pass plus for us?

Will we be able to get magic bands??

Xx

As a passholder staying off-site, you will be able up to 7 days worth of FP+ selections at 30 days prior to day of use. Once you arrive at WDW and have used up 1 days FP+ selections, you will be able to make FP+ selections for another day.

MagicBands are only mailed to US addresses. The Passholder MagicBands can't be picked up at WDW, so you will get an RFID AP Card.

I'm a DVC member. Planning to buy the discounted PAP for a trip this summer. My mother has made an offer an a DVC resale contract. Assuming she passes ROFR, she will be a member by our trip this summer. I'm thinking I will order a DVC discounted PAP for her to use this summer. My question is this...should something happen where the contract doesn't go through and she is not a DVC member, can the price paid for the DVC PAP be applied to a traditional AP? Thanks!

I'm a DVC member. Planning to buy the discounted PAP for a trip this summer. My mother has made an offer an a DVC resale contract. Assuming she passes ROFR, she will be a member by our trip this summer. I'm thinking I will order a DVC discounted PAP for her to use this summer. My question is this...should something happen where the contract doesn't go through and she is not a DVC member, can the price paid for the DVC PAP be applied to a traditional AP? Thanks!
I don't think you can buy one for her under your membership. once her purchase has been approved she can buy her own under her member number, but that may take a while while DVC process the paperwork and registers the deed. The discounted PAP offer expires on April 30th. Hopefully everything is good by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter