• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

New Premium Annual Pass discount, But..

Has anyone tried any means to purchase the Premier Pass?? Was there any voucher given or is it like the normal Premier Pass purchase, which is an active pass?

Thanks.
There are no vouchers given for Premier Pass purchases (the pass good for both WDW and DLR) and it is active the day you purchase. They must be purchased in person at either WDW or DLR no later than April 30th, 2014. The discounted price is $849 plus tax of 6.5% for the WDW (Florida) portion of the pass; there is no tax for the DLR portion (California does not tax theme park admission).

As a way to ease the pain of laying out almost $900 at once, if you are a California resident in an eligible zip code, you can purchase the DLR PAP for $669 (there is no DVC discount offered on this pass, only the Deluxe AP is eligible for a discount with this offer) and get the 12 month payment plan with a downpayment of $92 and the first month's payment of $48.08 (withdrawn from your automatic monthly payment method within a day or two) for a total of $140.08.

You can them immediately upgrade to the Premier Pass by paying the difference between the DLR PAP and the Premium Pass offered at the DVC discount, which is a different of $180 plus the amount added for the state of Florida taxes ($849-$669=$180).

Upfront outlay is then reduced to $320 ($140+$180=$320) plus Florida tax on the WDW portion. It will take some time to do all this at the ticket windows/guest relations, but a small price to pay to have decent amount of the cost spread out over 12 months.

What would really help is if Disney changed the name of the PremIER Pass to something that didn't look and sound so similar to PremIUM. Maybe call it a "Magic Pass" so the abbreviation could be MAP? Well, that and making it possible to buy a voucher for the Premiers instead of having to purchase it in person within a narrow calendar window.

So excited to have purchased my DVC PAP!
We have three trips planned in a one year span..........
SOOOOOOO EXCITED to have the flexibility and ease of visiting the parks!:cool1:

I am currently a DVC annual pass holder that will expire in May. If I upgrade my pass now to the Premium Annual Pass to take advantage of the free golf and water parks for our visit next month, can I renew just the regular annual pass when it expires in May? So I want to pay the extra $40 per person to upgrade to the Premium now, but I want to renew the regular annual pass in May. Because of the renewal discount, I don't want the Premium when I renew. So I want to downgrade, is that possible to do and still get the renewal rate?

I am currently a DVC annual pass holder that will expire in May. If I upgrade my pass now to the Premium Annual Pass to take advantage of the free golf and water parks for our visit next month, can I renew just the regular annual pass when it expires in May? So I want to pay the extra $40 per person to upgrade to the Premium now, but I want to renew the regular annual pass in May. Because of the renewal discount, I don't want the Premium when I renew. So I want to downgrade, is that possible to do and still get the renewal rate?

At renewal time, you can upgrade/downgrade to any level of annual pass you are eligible for and pay the then current renewal rate for the new pass level selected.

We have just become DVC members ����. So we have never had an annual pass. Is it activated when you buy it or upon first use? We will not travel until end of Sept. And would like to return end of May 2015. If activated in sept that is perfect but if the discounted pass is activated when purchased ie by April 30 it doesn't help us. Anyone know? Thank you!

The DVC discounted PAP is not active until you activate your voucher. You must purchase the voucher before the end of April and can then use it on your trip in September - it will then be good for 12 months from that date. The PAP must be activated by 1/31/15.

Enjoy! :)

We have just become DVC members ����. So we have never had an annual pass. Is it activated when you buy it or upon first use? We will not travel until end of Sept. And would like to return end of May 2015. If activated in sept that is perfect but if the discounted pass is activated when purchased ie by April 30 it doesn't help us. Anyone know? Thank you!
When you purchase a pass online or via phone, you can opt for either a voucher (aka "Exchange Certificate") to be mailed to you or to get a "Will Call" confirmation number. When you go to WDW, you turn in your voucher or provide your Will Call number at a ticket window at any park or at Guest Relations at DTD and they will issue your AP/PAP. Your pass is activated at the time you make the exchange of your voucher/Will Call number for the pass. The one year countdown starts that day, even if you don't enter a park that day.

If you purchase an AP/PAP at WDW, you receive an activated pass.

There are no vouchers given for Premier Pass purchases (the pass good for both WDW and DLR) and it is active the day you purchase. They must be purchased in person at either WDW or DLR no later than April 30th, 2014. The discounted price is $849 plus tax of 6.5% for the WDW (Florida) portion of the pass; there is no tax for the DLR portion (California does not tax theme park admission).

As a way to ease the pain of laying out almost $900 at once, if you are a California resident in an eligible zip code, you can purchase the DLR PAP for $669 (there is no DVC discount offered on this pass, only the Deluxe AP is eligible for a discount with this offer) and get the 12 month payment plan with a downpayment of $92 and the first month's payment of $48.08 (withdrawn from your automatic monthly payment method within a day or two) for a total of $140.08.

You can them immediately upgrade to the Premier Pass by paying the difference between the DLR PAP and the Premium Pass offered at the DVC discount, which is a different of $180 plus the amount added for the state of Florida taxes ($849-$669=$180).

Upfront outlay is then reduced to $320 ($140+$180=$320) plus Florida tax on the WDW portion. It will take some time to do all this at the ticket windows/guest relations, but a small price to pay to have decent amount of the cost spread out over 12 months.

What would really help is if Disney changed the name of the PremIER Pass to something that didn't look and sound so similar to PremIUM. Maybe call it a "Magic Pass" so the abbreviation could be MAP? Well, that and making it possible to buy a voucher for the Premiers instead of having to purchase it in person within a narrow calendar window.

We were able to get vouchers for our Premier Annual Passes which we purchased at WDW (in person) - they need to be activated by the end of the year. If go to guest services they'll be able to let you purchase the vouchers.

Oh dear we wer planning on buying the premier pass online as a new/renew option ours exp on April 15 and our last trip was in feb we have no plans to go to dlr until oct...so now I am reading we are in trouble....we were planning getting the premier pass online. Then activating in oct for our oct, April and july(wdw) trips...so now if I am reading all this correctly I need to fly down there now get the passes and then we have to activate them now in April even though we don't have a dvc trip until oct. That means our plans to uses at wdw next year are null....

Ugh this makes me angry we spend the extra money for our small trips to dlr and one big trip to wdw ...now it seems unfair because we are don't live in California or Florida......

All costs are going up up up less care to the parks...making me rethink our trips...:(

IMO its a bunch of baloney - we have premier passes now they should be able to do everything online/renew right in the system...so either way we are out the discount and its not right - if we fly down to get passes we have to pay for air/hotel....so that costs us more. This has been broken for awhile and more premier pass holders need to make it clear this is unacceptable...I have a right to that discount just like everyone else....UGH

Just bought our DVC-discounted PAPs via Disney's Online Ticket store. The confirmation number provided upon completing the check-out process was immediately accepted by my profile on My Disney Experience website and linked to the correct names. Cool beans. I think today was a good step forward.

How to help make postive changes? Send polite letters to the right people. I am hoping premier passholders will email the DVC VP and express gratitude for the premier discount however it needs to be taken further - the same renewal and voucher options that are provided to AP holders should apply to the Premier pass - I should be able to purchase now and use in Oct (our next DVC trip) I should be able to do this online. As a DVC member I do not live in CA or FL so cant just pop into the parks, also we plan our trips 7-11 months in advance so as much as I would like to have been able to get to DL when the discount annoucement was made I am not able to get a room at the Grand Cal with only 50 units within a couple of months. As a premier passholder holder for the last 3 years we have put a lot of $ into disney and just want the same rights. Well this is a start to positive changes in my opinion.

Ken Potrock

Senior Vice President and General Manager

1390 Celebration Blvd.

Celebration, FL 34747

407.566.3830 phone

Ken.Potrock@disney.com

We were able to get vouchers for our Premier Annual Passes which we purchased at WDW (in person) - they need to be activated by the end of the year. If go to guest services they'll be able to let you purchase the vouchers.

Hi

Can you please confirm for me that you were able to purchase a premier pass at the parks in person and they gave you a voucher to use to activate them by the end of this calender year....DVC Tickets told me that we could not do that on the phone today that if we buy a premier pass its active the day we buy it...thanks for your help...

Hi

Can you please confirm for me that you were able to purchase a premier pass at the parks in person and they gave you a voucher to use to activate them by the end of this calender year....DVC Tickets told me that we could not do that on the phone today that if we buy a premier pass its active the day we buy it...thanks for your help...

I made a post about this earlier in the thread. Not being able to buy Premiers and take advantage of the discount is so frustrating... unless we want to fly down to a park before April 30th to get it. It's silly.

I know DVC has NO control over how Disney does Premier APs, but they DO have control over the promotion dates and so to only limit it to a window of a few months when most DVC members already have their trips planned is silly.

We are missing the opportunity to buy our Premier APs by a WEEK... but I'm not willing to move my trip forward a week when Disneyland has insanely huge Spring Break crowds.

IMO its a bunch of baloney - we have premier passes now they should be able to do everything online/renew right in the system...so either way we are out the discount and its not right - if we fly down to get passes we have to pay for air/hotel....so that costs us more. This has been broken for awhile and more premier pass holders need to make it clear this is unacceptable...I have a right to that discount just like everyone else....UGH

I corresponded with Member Services about Premier Pass purchases in mid-march and received the following response:

"The Disney Premier Passport may be purchased as a first-time purchase at
any Guest Relations or Vacation Planning location at the WALT DISNEY
WORLD® Resort. This specific ticket may not be purchased online or over
the phone with us as a first-time purchase. However, we may process a
renewal for this specific pass at Member Services."

If it's relevant for your travel plans, you may want to call Member Services and see if they can process the renewal for you on the phone at the discounted price since you're already a Premier passholder.

Vouchers for the PremiER (good at all parks at both WDW and DLR) not the PremiUM? Did they give you a hard copy of something that proves you purchased a PremiER and that it's a voucher you can activate up to the end of 2014? And does it show how much you paid?

I've read here and elsewhere that there is no voucher for the PremiER, but have also read that a few people (3 to be exact) are saying they were able to get vouchers for the PremiER, but they need to be activated by the end of this calendar year (12/31/14) instead of the January 31st, 2015 deadline being offered for the PremiUM.

The few who have posted about successfully purchasing PremiER vouchers have also mentioned being unsure about what would happen IRL when they go to activate them.

Of course, if buying a PremiER voucher is possible that also would mean having to pay for the voucher in full up front. No purchasing a PremiUM DLR AP on the California resident payment plan and then paying the difference to upgrade to the PremiER. :headache:

Vouchers for the PremiER (good at all parks at both WDW and DLR) not the PremiUM? Did they give you a hard copy of something that proves you purchased a PremiER and that it's a voucher you can activate up to the end of 2014? And does it show how much you paid?

I've read here and elsewhere that there is no voucher for the PremiER, but have also read that a few people (3 to be exact) are saying they were able to get vouchers for the PremiER, but they need to be activated by the end of this calendar year (12/31/14) instead of the January 31st, 2015 deadline being offered for the PremiUM.

The few who have posted about successfully purchasing PremiER vouchers have also mentioned being unsure about what would happen IRL when they go to activate them.

Of course, if buying a PremiER voucher is possible that also would mean having to pay for the voucher in full up front. No purchasing a PremiUM DLR AP on the California resident payment plan and then paying the difference to upgrade to the PremiER. :headache:

I got the Premiere DVC voucher (hard plastic card) and linked it to my MDE. I had to do this in person, and have until 12/31/14 to activate. $849 plus tax, less the unused two-day ticket I had in my MDE. They even let me use up that credit toward the purchase. (I started a thread about this a couple weeks ago, before I knew if this was possible.)

The CMs will look like you have two heads if you ask for this (even the managers), then they'll disappear backstage for ten minutes or so and come back to say, "Thanks for waiting." We did this twice during our recent trip, once at HS GR, the other at AK GR.

I bought a voucher at DL a week or so ago because my eldest daughter was working and couldn't make it. I paid $876.59 ($849+ tax of 6.5% on 1/2 cost of ticket as FL charges sales tax on theme park admission and CA does not). I even paid with a significant number of Disney GC's that I bought at Target. They gave me a paper ticket like voucher that states: "Annual Pass Certificate - Premier, Disney Vacation Club, Must be exchanged for Photo Pass on First Visit. May not be exchanged for cash or other product. Photo ID required for Entry and Processing. Must be used before 12/31/2014."

Again, I bought it on at the Guest Services / Group Sales window on the DL side. They knew exactly what I was requesting. Being impatient, I went over to the Guest Services on the DCA side to see if there was a shorter line. There actually was no line. The CM's there had no idea what I was talking about and truthfully barely understood what DVC meant and told me that I needed to call my Member Services. When I told them that I knew others had purchased a voucher, they told me to go back to the Group Sales window on the DL side. Which I did...I had left my family there to wait in the line when I went over to DCA. Once we got up to the window at the Group Sales, it was smooth sailing as I said earlier.

We received our receipt and the plastic cards that you can take to guest services to activate (the receipt clearly states the Premier Pass [WDW & DL] - plus the price paid). If you go to the ticket booth as well, they can pull up the information regarding the Premier DVC discount. The gal working at the booth was able to turn her screen around and show the price and date that they needed to be activated by - she just couldn't sell the vouchers as that needs to be done at Guest Services.

I can't recall the exact date that they need to be activated by (end of this year or end of January) because we are activating them in July so that detail isn't all that important to me and I don't have the information in front of me right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter