New Single mom taking the girls to CBR 12/2010...a year of planning ahead!

I followed you over from DevonsDisneyMom's PTR. We are going to be in WDW Dec. 2 - 10th.

Great PTR!! You are all doing such a great job with savings. I think it is great you are trying a new resort, making new memories!! I can't wait to read more.

I'm in!!! So glad you got everything figured out!!! You are going to love CBR!!! My favorite moderate resort is CSR thou! :goodvibes I have to be honest, I think that it is better that you are not staying at POR... I'm not sure if you are aware of this but POP Warner Football and Cheerleading championships are held at WDW the first into the second week of December, basically the time we will be there! Away, mostly all the teams stay at the All-Star resorts, but once they fill up, which they always do, the spill over of the teams that couldn't get rooms at the All-Stars all stay at POR! Meaning it will be super crowded with football and cheerleading teams and the buses to the parks are packed! So when you think about it, I think it worked out for the best for you. :goodvibes

I'm so excited to be planning our trips together!!! I'm very excited for CBR. We stayed at POR in 2007 for Pop Warner and never really even noticed anything. However, in 2008 we stayed at POR for one night and then switched to GF...I couldn't wait to get out of POR...the cheerleaders completely took over the lobby, the busses, the food court, the pool...it was a huge difference...not sure why. It will be nice to get a fresh start to a different place, too...for so many reasons. Can't wait to get back to you PTR...and get more of your details! :goodvibes

I followed you over from DevonsDisneyMom's PTR. We are going to be in WDW Dec. 2 - 10th.

Great PTR!! You are all doing such a great job with savings. I think it is great you are trying a new resort, making new memories!! I can't wait to read more.

I have been meaning to click on your link to your PTR...saw your ticker and noticed there were about the same number of days left for both of us...but, three girls going in three different directions kept me from getting to it. I can't wait to read about your trip. Where are you staying? I'm very excited about CBR...I agree, new memories will be a great! Maybe we'll like it even better! But, just could not pass up such a great deal! Thanks so much for joining me! Looking forward to planning together!!!:banana:

I have been meaning to click on your link to your PTR...saw your ticker and noticed there were about the same number of days left for both of us...but, three girls going in three different directions kept me from getting to it. I can't wait to read about your trip. Where are you staying? I'm very excited about CBR...I agree, new memories will be a great! Maybe we'll like it even better! But, just could not pass up such a great deal! Thanks so much for joining me! Looking forward to planning together!!!:banana:

I would think you are very buys with the girls :rotfl:. I wouldn't have passed up your deal either, it was a great one.

We are staying at Pop for the 6th and 7th time this fall. We have stayed at both POR and POFQ and loved them both, we just don't spend a lot of time at the resorts so Pop fits our needs and we enjoy it.

We are going for a quick long weekend in October to meet some friends then back Dec. 2 - 10th to meet some other friends. We love the MVMCP and the Osborne Lights. Isn't WDW just gorgeous at Christmas time? :love: There is nothing like it.

I can't wait to read more about your planning!

Lots going on this week!!! Started ADRs a few nights ago, online...everything I typed in was booked...except for dinners at 9:30pm or breakfasts at 7am! :confused3 So, I ended up calling to do it on the phone...I spoke with a great CM...and apparently when it says that something is booked online...that is not completely the case. She was very patient and I ended with almost everything I wanted!!! :cheer2:

12/1 Check in 7pm-ish: Earl of Sandwich - CS, window shop at DTD

12/2 8am EMH MK: Main St Bakery - CS; resort to swim; 8pm dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe; check out Christmas decor at WL, GF, Poly

12/3 sleep in, breakfast at resort - CS; swim at resort; afternoon head to Boardwalk/Epcot 8:30pm dinner at San Angel Inn; 9:30 Illuminations; stay for EMH (will change this to Rose and Crown...if it ever becomes available and will request patio seating for Illuminations.)

12/4 sleep in, small breakfast, may eat in room or use snack credits; DHS; early lunch at Spring Rolls - CS; 9:30pm dinner O'hana...will request MK view because Wishes is at 10pm that night for MVMCP.:love:

12/5 AK...all day, small room breakfast; CS lunch at AK...haven't decided where; 8:50pm dinner Chef Mickey's

12/6 open day...shop, water park, so many choices, will depend on our mood; 6:20pm at Biergarten, will try to see Illuminations if we are not able to A. get patio seating at R and C, on Fri nt and/or B. we miss it completely because our dinner runs late at San Angel Inn. When Epcot closes we'll hang around Boardwalk, shop, DTD, visit resorts...whatever the mood strikes...

12/7 sleep late...swim at resort, take it easy day, pack up; 4:50pm dinner Crystal Palace; MVMCP

12/8 MK in AM, 12:50pm lunch Tony's Town Square; which I may move to a little later time...so, that we do rides, shop, etc...eat and then leave from front of MK to head back to resort to change, and head to airport...or we may end up eating earlier and head back to resort to swim and then change and head to airport...depends on the weather, the mood, the availability.

However, after all that...I am right now waiting for some friends who have priced out the same vacation and are deciding RIGHT NOW if they will be joining us...same flights, same resort!!!:banana: Which will turn us all into a Grand Gathering and everything above will null and void...because we will start over, if they would like to do something different...Mickey's BackYard BBQ has already been mentioned as a must do by them...so, this could all change!!! But, the more the merrier...friends are more important than food! Did I really just say that?!? If you know me...you know I LOVE to eat!!!

Hi Friend!!:goodvibes

Loving all the updates and plans! YAY for the free dining!!! And yay for a new resort, I think you made a great decision!:dance3:

Your ressies are wonderful this close! But how exciting if your grand gathering works out!! Fingers crossed it works out!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing more!!!!:hug:

I'm so excited to be planning our trips together!!! I'm very excited for CBR. We stayed at POR in 2007 for Pop Warner and never really even noticed anything. However, in 2008 we stayed at POR for one night and then switched to GF...I couldn't wait to get out of POR...the cheerleaders completely took over the lobby, the busses, the food court, the pool...it was a huge difference...not sure why. It will be nice to get a fresh start to a different place, too...for so many reasons. Can't wait to get back to you PTR...and get more of your details! :goodvibes

Yeah CBR is awesome!!! I think you will be very pleased... Have you made any room requests? I would try and get some where near El Centro. We stayed at Trinadad North and it was a bit of a walk to El Centro but we enjoyed the location.

We stayed at CSR during POP Warner in 2008, and the only time we really ran into them was at MK.

And I totally understand the fresh start comment... I have and will probably never stay ay All Star Movies again, too many memories :goodvibes

Lots going on this week!!! Started ADRs a few nights ago, online...everything I typed in was booked...except for dinners at 9:30pm or breakfasts at 7am! :confused3 So, I ended up calling to do it on the phone...I spoke with a great CM...and apparently when it says that something is booked online...that is not completely the case. She was very patient and I ended with almost everything I wanted!!! :cheer2:

12/1 Check in 7pm-ish: Earl of Sandwich - CS, window shop at DTD

12/2 8am EMH MK: Main St Bakery - CS; resort to swim; 8pm dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe; check out Christmas decor at WL, GF, Poly

12/3 sleep in, breakfast at resort - CS; swim at resort; afternoon head to Boardwalk/Epcot 8:30pm dinner at San Angel Inn; 9:30 Illuminations; stay for EMH (will change this to Rose and Crown...if it ever becomes available and will request patio seating for Illuminations.)

12/4 sleep in, small breakfast, may eat in room or use snack credits; DHS; early lunch at Spring Rolls - CS; 9:30pm dinner O'hana...will request MK view because Wishes is at 10pm that night for MVMCP.:love:

12/5 AK...all day, small room breakfast; CS lunch at AK...haven't decided where; 8:50pm dinner Chef Mickey's

12/6 open day...shop, water park, so many choices, will depend on our mood; 6:20pm at Biergarten, will try to see Illuminations if we are not able to A. get patio seating at R and C, on Fri nt and/or B. we miss it completely because our dinner runs late at San Angel Inn. When Epcot closes we'll hang around Boardwalk, shop, DTD, visit resorts...whatever the mood strikes...

12/7 sleep late...swim at resort, take it easy day, pack up; 4:50pm dinner Crystal Palace; MVMCP

12/8 MK in AM, 12:50pm lunch Tony's Town Square; which I may move to a little later time...so, that we do rides, shop, etc...eat and then leave from front of MK to head back to resort to change, and head to airport...or we may end up eating earlier and head back to resort to swim and then change and head to airport...depends on the weather, the mood, the availability.

However, after all that...I am right now waiting for some friends who have priced out the same vacation and are deciding RIGHT NOW if they will be joining us...same flights, same resort!!!:banana: Which will turn us all into a Grand Gathering and everything above will null and void...because we will start over, if they would like to do something different...Mickey's BackYard BBQ has already been mentioned as a must do by them...so, this could all change!!! But, the more the merrier...friends are more important than food! Did I really just say that?!? If you know me...you know I LOVE to eat!!!

Looks great!!! How awesome will it be for friends to join you!!! :yay: I love that Devon's friend and his mom are coming with us! There may only be 4 of us, but we will have a blast together! :woohoo:

Good morning to all of you! Just got back from camping for a week with the girls...so much fun but, back to work. The only way to get me up in the morning, these past few days is knowing that we are GOING TO DISNEY!!! I am so excited THIS morning...because our friends are coming!!!!!!!!!! We got together last night for Chinese and Margeritas and planned all of our new ADRS as a grand gathering! So much fun...not one glitch! We got everything we wanted...except Ohana. However, we will work on fixing that as we get closer or even when we get there...where there is a will, there is a way and that is a must do!

Our friends include Shannon, my great and very fun friend, who makes the best cosmos; Ray, who is also a great friend...who I actually grew up with but, he was always too cool to talk to me...I was in middle school when he was in high school, our parents backyards faced each other; Alex, age 10, a very adorable almost 5th grader who loves rollercoasters and Julia, age 8 and turning 9, while we are there on 12/4...she is one of my daughter, Erin's best friends...they are two peas in pod, we call them...one of the cutest kids I know, who has no fear!

So, our Grand Gathering now includes two moms, a dad, a 14yo turning 15 before we go, a 13yo, a 10 yo and two 9yos...one male and SEVEN females!:rotfl:

Our new ADRs resemble somewhat my old ones with a few changes...I'll post them this weekend and all new updates...for now must get to work so, I can continue to save for this trip...124 days to go!!!

Hey Stranger!!!! :goodvibes Woo Hoo for your friends coming!!! That is so much fun!!! I say the more the merrier!!! :rotfl:

How cool your friend's daughter gets to celebrate her birthday in Disney!!! :cool1: I get to celebrate mine there this year too!!! :banana: Mine is 12-3!!! The day we check in! :woohoo:

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

i'm enjoying reading your PTR. You deserve a trip of a lifetime. Being a single isn't always easy but we do what we have to too survive. Good Luck :grouphug:

I would think you are very buys with the girls :rotfl:. I wouldn't have passed up your deal either, it was a great one.

We are staying at Pop for the 6th and 7th time this fall. We have stayed at both POR and POFQ and loved them both, we just don't spend a lot of time at the resorts so Pop fits our needs and we enjoy it.

We are going for a quick long weekend in October to meet some friends then back Dec. 2 - 10th to meet some other friends. We love the MVMCP and the Osborne Lights. Isn't WDW just gorgeous at Christmas time? :love: There is nothing like it.

I can't wait to read more about your planning!

I'm looking so forward to getting caught up with your PTR. Thanks for following along with mine. We'll be there at the same time! What night are doing MVMCP? We'll be there on 12/7...so excited!!!

Hi Friend!!:goodvibes

Loving all the updates and plans! YAY for the free dining!!! And yay for a new resort, I think you made a great decision!:dance3:

Your ressies are wonderful this close! But how exciting if your grand gathering works out!! Fingers crossed it works out!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing more!!!!:hug:

So glad you're here!!!:lovestruc Wish were planning simultaneous trips again! Only ~50 for you!!! :banana:

Hey Stranger!!!! :goodvibes Woo Hoo for your friends coming!!! That is so much fun!!! I say the more the merrier!!! :rotfl:

How cool your friend's daughter gets to celebrate her birthday in Disney!!! :cool1: I get to celebrate mine there this year too!!! :banana: Mine is 12-3!!! The day we check in! :woohoo:

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

Yes...I feel like a stranger...and yes, I agree the more, the merrier! I have so much catching up to do with your PTR...but, looking forward to a weekend of NOTHING, to do that and to update, myself. So glad you're here...and I must tell you that I LOVE the name of your PTR...we LOVE Christmas Vacation...we jokingly call ourselves the Griswolds whenever we go on our camping trip, every year. We play the song from that movie as we pull out of the driveway in our overstuffed van and then we quote lines from the movie all week long! I actually just posted "hip hip hooray it's Christmas Vacation" on facebook, on my last day of work before my vacation. Our official Christmas Vacations will be here before we know it!!!:cheer2:

i'm enjoying reading your PTR. You deserve a trip of a lifetime. Being a single isn't always easy but we do what we have to too survive. Good Luck :grouphug:

I must tell you that your post brought tears to my eyes...just one of "those" days as a single mom...which I won't get into because this is supposed to be all about Disney and fun but, your words were so heartfelt.:hug: So glad to have you here!

Yes...I feel like a stranger...and yes, I agree the more, the merrier! I have so much catching up to do with your PTR...but, looking forward to a weekend of NOTHING, to do that and to update, myself. So glad you're here...and I must tell you that I LOVE the name of your PTR...we LOVE Christmas Vacation...we jokingly call ourselves the Griswolds whenever we go on our camping trip, every year. We play the song from that movie as we pull out of the driveway in our overstuffed van and then we quote lines from the movie all week long! I actually just posted "hip hip hooray it's Christmas Vacation" on facebook, on my last day of work before my vacation. Our official Christmas Vacations will be here before we know it!!!:cheer2:

That is one of my favorite movies too!!! I watch it all year long!!! It's a classic!!!

Can't wait for our "Christmas Vacation" to hurry up and get here!!! :banana:

Ok...back from camping and now need to focus on DISNEY!!!:cheer2: We had a great time in the great outdoors...my first love is the GF but, my second is a tent in the woods...one extreme to the other.

It is now official, we are a Grand Gathering...ressies made...basic plan in place...here it is:

WEDNESDAY, 12/1: 12pm dismiss kids from school, head to airport. Bos to MCO 2:50-6:00pm, check in to CBR, and then...head to DTD, DHS for Osborne Lights...not sure where we'll go but, we'll get dinner

THURSDAY 12/2: EMH MK 8am...must see Good Morning show...so I can cry....that is my only "must-do"...not cry but, see AM show, which always makes me cry. Then, breakfast at Main St. Bakery. Shannon is looking at touring plans...so, we'll follow her lead on those. 2pm get seats at the train station, 2nd floor for 3pm parade and have snack while we wait. Leave after parade...laid back afternoon...9pm dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

FRIDAY 12/3: Sleep late, Epcot in afternoon. 8:15PM Akershus, as the little girls (and Ray:rotfl:) want to see princesses. Epcot EMH til 12:30

SATURDAY 12/4: Sleep late and/or AK, half/all day 6pm Mickey's Backyard BBQ

SUNDAY 12/5: DHS all day, 9:15pm Chef Mickey

MONDAY 12/6: Sleep late, Epcot, 4:35pm Biergarten. Hoping to get an ADR at Rose and Crown around 8ish instead to see Illuminations from patio...we'll see how that goes when we get there

TUESDAY 12/7: Sleep late, 3:25pm Crystal Palace, 7pm MVMCP

WEDNESDAY 12/8: MK, 12:50PM Liberty Tree Tavern, then back to resort to swim, or DTD for shopping...or both but, depends on weather. 5pm ME back to MCO for flight home, 6:45p-9:32pm

All of the above, up for revision...

Hey there I followed you over from DevonsDisneyMom's PTR

Before you became a grand gathering we had almost the same Ohana ADR. We will be in WDW Dec 3-11 at Pop for the 3rd and the rest at Poly. I am also a single mom but my mom has decided to join us this year, I went solo with the girls last Dec and we had a blast!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!!!!

I'm glad you are officially going and now have friends joining you! Your plans look great. I have to say that when I read that on the first night you are going to see the Osborne Lights I felt a little sad that I'm not going in Dec this year! That's crazy though because I've wanted to try Oct for years and we're finally doing it...so why be sad about Dec? :laughing: Where do you go camping? My family used to go camping when I was younger and we used to go down the cape and also up to Maine.

Hey there I followed you over from DevonsDisneyMom's PTR

Before you became a grand gathering we had almost the same Ohana ADR. We will be in WDW Dec 3-11 at Pop for the 3rd and the rest at Poly. I am also a single mom but my mom has decided to join us this year, I went solo with the girls last Dec and we had a blast!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!!!!

So glad to have you join us! From your avatar, it appears that you have two girls...how old? Nice that your mom will join you. LOVE the Poly...have never stayed but, it's on the list of places to try, for us. I'm still working on an adr for Ohana...must go back!!! So good! I made a late adr for there, for that night because Wishes is at 10pm that night. When we were there in 2008, unbeknownst to us...Wishes started during our dinner, the sound was piped into the restaurant and we just happened to have window seats! It was amazing!!! Hope that that can work for you! Do you have a PTR...what are your plans? Looking forward to lots of planning together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter