New Single mom taking the girls to CBR 12/2010...a year of planning ahead!

So glad to have you join us! From your avatar, it appears that you have two girls...how old? Nice that your mom will join you. LOVE the Poly...have never stayed but, it's on the list of places to try, for us. I'm still working on an adr for Ohana...must go back!!! So good! I made a late adr for there, for that night because Wishes is at 10pm that night. When we were there in 2008, unbeknownst to us...Wishes started during our dinner, the sound was piped into the restaurant and we just happened to have window seats! It was amazing!!! Hope that that can work for you! Do you have a PTR...what are your plans? Looking forward to lots of planning together!

Yes I do have 2 girls 6&8. I also have a 16 yr old son that has quit going to Disney with me :sad:

I am also hoping to see wishes while we eat since it is our first night it would be a nice way to start the trip. Our ADR was 930 but I managed to get one for 8:40 which is a little better and then we can watch wishes and go to bed.

I do have a PTR just click on the princess picture in my signature

I'm glad you are officially going and now have friends joining you! Your plans look great. I have to say that when I read that on the first night you are going to see the Osborne Lights I felt a little sad that I'm not going in Dec this year! That's crazy though because I've wanted to try Oct for years and we're finally doing it...so why be sad about Dec? :laughing: Where do you go camping? My family used to go camping when I was younger and we used to go down the cape and also up to Maine.

Hi Melissa,

Yes, so happy our friends are coming, too. They are so much fun and laid back...so, the planning of the ADRs went off, without a hitch...and that is a huge part of the fun.
Aww, didn't mean to make you feel sad about the Osborne Lights. We did Disney in April 09, for a few days...and it felt like something was missing because there were no Christmas decorations. So, I get what you mean...but, your daughter is so little...no school to worry about for years...try October this year and if you prefer Christmas, there is always the next trip, right?!? For us, with my girls in school, this will probably be the last year that Christmastime will work for us.
So excited for you, that you are going back to the GF! I'm very curious to hear about what that will be like in October. It is going to be here before you know it!!!
We camp in Tamworth, NH...it was our 7th season...already booked for the same week, in 2011. It's Christmas in July week...hmmmm, I see a pattern developing!!! Where in Maine, did you camp? We are thinking of expanding our travels next year...buying a camper and maybe doing 4 long weekends, instead of one long week.

Don't know how I missed your plans but love them! Looks like some great ressies and love that your must do, it's opening ceremonies, not to cry (heehee)...they do go hand in hand though there, dont' they? SO magical and you just can't help yourself! I have chills just thinking about it!!!!:cloud9:

ps- wish we were going at the same time again!!

Just found your PTR so I am joining in on your fun!!! So far sounds like you have a fantastic trip planned, so exciting!! We had to postpone our Dec 2010 trip (for a good reson, baby #2 will be arriving in Dec!!) so I am thrilled to follow along with yours. I just think the magic of Disney at Christmas time is beyond words!!!:cloud9: Looking forward to more updates!!

Don't know how I missed your plans but love them! Looks like some great ressies and love that your must do, it's opening ceremonies, not to cry (heehee)...they do go hand in hand though there, dont' they? SO magical and you just can't help yourself! I have chills just thinking about it!!!!:cloud9:

ps- wish we were going at the same time again!!

Glad to know that I'm not alone with the crying...I actually lose my breath every time we walk into MK, on our first day. Hope my friends can overlook this part of the trip! :rotfl: I actually get filled up when the train pulls in...and during Illuminations...and Wishes...OMG...I have issues! I should probably warn them!

PSS: I SOOOOOOOOOOOO wish we were going at the same time again!

Just found your PTR so I am joining in on your fun!!! So far sounds like you have a fantastic trip planned, so exciting!! We had to postpone our Dec 2010 trip (for a good reson, baby #2 will be arriving in Dec!!) so I am thrilled to follow along with yours. I just think the magic of Disney at Christmas time is beyond words!!!:cloud9: Looking forward to more updates!!

Aw, thanks for joining! I am so excited for this trip...and the planning is half the fun! We do have some great plans so far...we will get together again, this week for some more...and have discussed having pizza on day 99, Aug 23rd...just to celebrate the two digit countdown! :woohoo: I LOVE Disney at Christmas...it will be very hard for me to go any other time of year! Although, I think you have a great excuse to postpone THIS trip! Congrats!!! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter