New Theme request

Candleshoe

Trying to build a better mousetrip.
Is there anyone working on new themes for this board?

If so, I have a personal request:

1. BETTER* Visual distinction between stickies and regular threads so the eye can easily skip the stickies.
*any distinction on any of the current themes is very slight and so not useful

2. post date at the top of the post instead of the bottom

3. better breadcrumbs

4. better medium-dark colors. they're almost all too bright, but I'm not a fan of dark (WOW-like) themes either.

And then if anyone is going to customize the software it would be nice to get back quoting. I found a "shortcut" but even that is cumbersome.

Not working for me :( Still brings up a pop-up window and requires insert quotes. There's no button that inserts the quote into the POST REPLY box.

How about the theme? Is anyone working on themes?

Not a fan of the new design. The old user CP made much more sense and frankly I just dislike the new themes. The colors are hard on the eyes. Please bring back the old theme with the yellow background.

I know there are going to be some things that aren't as good and some things better, but *readability* should be key in a forum.

Also the dark theme doesn't change in all the forums.
It doesn't?

Hmm.. I'm using it now-- it's decent on a standard monitor (although I would still advocate for a greater differentiation of the stickied threads)

I'm only hanging out in 3 forums. This one, Orlando, and Theme Parks. Which forum is immune to the theme change?

It doesn't?

Hmm.. I'm using it now-- it's decent on a standard monitor (although I would still advocate for a greater differentiation of the stickied threads)

I'm only hanging out in 3 forums. This one, Orlando, and Theme Parks. Which forum is immune to the theme change?

Any forums that have their own theme...like the families board theme is the Orlando stroller rental theme. When I enter the families board, the OSR theme overrides my chosen DVC style.

Not working for me :( Still brings up a pop-up window and requires insert quotes. There's no button that inserts the quote into the POST REPLY box.

How about the theme? Is anyone working on themes?

Anytime I hit reply, it quotes who I am replying to in the post reply box - just as it did when I hit reply on your post here...?

Any forums that have their own theme...like the families board theme is the Orlando stroller rental theme. When I enter the families board, the OSR theme overrides my chosen DVC style.
Interesting!

Anytime I hit reply, it quotes who I am replying to in the post reply box - just as it did when I hit reply on your post here...?
It's working for me :). I posted that in another thread. Thanks!

Also the dark theme doesn't change in all the forums.
I've noticed this. I chose the dark theme because the default theme hurts my eyes, to be honest. The dark theme is a bit of a relief to me until I go to the Resorts forum, where the default theme overrides the dark theme. As a result I will limit my use of that forum until I can use the dark theme in there.

I've noticed this. I chose the dark theme because the default theme hurts my eyes, to be honest. The dark theme is a bit of a relief to me until I go to the Resorts forum, where the default theme overrides the dark theme. As a result I will limit my use of that forum until I can use the dark theme in there.
I just went there. That forum even has removed the opportunity to change themes. You can normally change themes from your USERNAME>Preferences, but also at the bottom of a thread or forum list there's a footer bar that says (ie) Dark Scheme, which you can click and change themes. That footer option is missing in the forum.

I just went there. That forum even has removed the opportunity to change themes. You can normally change themes from your USERNAME>Preferences, but also at the bottom of a thread or forum list there's a footer bar that says (ie) Dark Scheme, which you can click and change themes. That footer option is missing in the forum.
And, just like that, the issue is resolved, at least on the Resorts forum. The style chooser footer is now shown on there, and my dark scheme carried over into it. Hopefully this will happen soon in the other forums that had this issue.

And, whoever is fixing these issues: :thumbsup2 (glad I could find some old smilies). Overall, the new site is a lot quicker than the old site, at least for me.

Awesome!!!

Yes I know what 'RESPONSIVE DESIGN' means, but the Webmasters here are adding a new twist to it. :dancer:

The families board is still getting overridden,but given that the dvc style carried over on the resorts board, I assume they are working on it and it will be fixed soon. Thanks DIS!

Still brings up a pop-up window and requires insert quotes.
There are two ways to quote. One is to use the +Quote link in the lower right corner of each post. That will quote the entire post. Alternately, you can just highlight the text in a post you want to quote, and when you release the mouse button, you'll see an option to +Quote or Reply. The +Quote feature allows you to add multiple quotes to a reply, where the Reply feature just quotes that text only.

know there are going to be some things that aren't as good and some things better, but *readability* should be key in a forum.
The migration is ongoing. The first phase was to get the data transferred over. The current phase is about adjusting all the themes. There are two people working on that right now. I would ask people to be patient as we go through and adjust the details. We are working on it and we are listening to all the feedback we're getting.

Thanks,
Pete

There are two ways to quote. One is to use the +Quote link in the lower right corner of each post. That will quote the entire post. Alternately, you can just highlight the text in a post you want to quote, and when you release the mouse button, you'll see an option to +Quote or Reply. The +Quote feature allows you to add multiple quotes to a reply, where the Reply feature just quotes that text only.

Thanks! I REALLY should not have posted my frustration with the quoting in so many places! Judy (iirc) helped me figure it out in a different thread (the quoting one).

The migration is ongoing. The first phase was to get the data transferred over. The current phase is about adjusting all the themes. There are two people working on that right now. I would ask people to be patient as we go through and adjust the details. We are working on it and we are listening to all the feedback we're getting.

You gals & guys are doing a great job! I really appreciate it and am trying to help spread the knowledge as we all learn the new system.

The 'Dark Scheme' goes a long way to helping my eyesight issues.

Could we also get a "dark" version that eliminates all color except the parts that are already colored the dark DISboards blue? There is just SO MUCH color right now that my senses are overwhelmed. If everything else was a varying shade of grey it would make reading much simpler. The light aqua and pale orange are very powerful colors. Maybe anything light aqua could go a paler shade of DISboard blue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter