New Theme request

Have you tried the theme that's called something.like "dark theme"?
I'm using it now. I was just hoping for less color. It's not a pressing need. Just something that would be nice.

Since the introduction of the two colors under the text in posts the nice grey background has also been overridden.

I second the calls for a less colorful "dark" theme. I understand the color bars for quotes, and around the avatars. No problem there, but even the "dark theme" is still very, very bright.

Maybe because I'm reading on my iPad, but the color themes are quite nice, and don't seem overpowering at all. I've chosen the DVC theme, only because the pale purple, orange and turquoise are so pretty. They aren't bright at all. Maybe it'll look worse on my computer monitor, but I think the pale colors are tranquil and pretty...so glad I could switch from the default setting.

Now, if only I could get my tags back - seems silly, but I've had them for over ten years and I liked them!

Overall, although it's hard to get used to change after so many years, I think the boards look pretty good.

:sunny:

Thinking on the "dark scheme" thing a little more, I think that pages that show the different forums are fine, with the gray background and the dark blue link colors for the forum listings (with their own gray background). That seems easy on the eyes. Where I get into discomfort is when I actually browse the lists of threads inside the forums. The overall gray background is there (which is good), but then the thread listings have a white, or even bright yellow, background, which is pretty harsh when trying to scroll through listings. Once I actually click on a thread, each post within the thread is a different color from each other, I suppose to make it easier to distinguish one post from the next. Speaking for myself, I would definitely prefer the gray background throughout. IMHO, the posts are easily distinguishable from each other by the horizontal lines between them and of course the avatar image. For a "dark scheme", the white and yellow colors are jarring. Gray is my friend.

Once I actually click on a thread, each post within the thread is a different color from each other, I suppose to make it easier to distinguish one post from the next. Speaking for myself, I would definitely prefer the gray background throughout. IMHO, the posts are easily distinguishable from each other by the horizontal lines between them and of course the avatar image. For a "dark scheme", the white and yellow colors are jarring. Gray is my friend.

Or even just two shades of grey. The dark one and then one a few shades darker or lighter for differentiation.

It's been a while since any posts on this thread, but I just wanted to add a "Thanks" for the continued work on these themes. There is a truly dark one now, which is actually too much contrast for my eyes, but it certainly is an answer for many Dis'ers' requests. I now have the "Default Medium" theme and it seems easy enough on the eyes. Great work! :disrocks:

Not working for me :( Still brings up a pop-up window and requires insert quotes. There's no button that inserts the quote into the POST REPLY box.

How about the theme? Is anyone working on themes?

If you are just quoting one post, click on "Reply" on the lower right. That opens the reply window with that post quoted.

For multi-quotes you can use "+Quote".

EDIT ok, so I posted before I finished reading the entire thread. :blush:

Another thought: Some sort of obvious reminder (as in permanently and prominently displayed) that Profile Posts are not PMs, that anyone on the forums can see them. A lot of sensitive information is being posted there.

Another thought: Some sort of obvious reminder (as in permanently and prominently displayed) that Profile Posts are not PMs, that anyone on the forums can see them. A lot of sensitive information is being posted there.
I was responding to some of them so that they'd know.

Then I started just 'liking' them. I know that if I thought I was in a private conversation with someone, I sure would be taken aback if someone else 'liked' what I said :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter