New update on Gingerbread Winnings- Honorable Mention and prizes!

LOL here is my two cents worth, although I totally agree with the complaints, correct me if I am wrong but isn't this complaining?? Where is this different from complaining about a host being consistently late to open her events?? As I see it, someone at VMK messed up, yet again. Wrong is wrong reguardless if you are directing it at a specific person or an un named staff. And once again VMK you are wrong!!!
LOL sorry I just had to get that out of my system. LOL

Did anyone notice that last night they had Mistey's gingerbread room on the home page--you had to click it to get to the winners. I was looking to see who created that room on the winners list, and when I didn't see it, I figured it was a hosts room or something.

I can only imagine how it must have made Mistey feel when she saw her room on the home page, and realize that she wasn't a winner. What a let down.

Well thay have not listened to us in almost three years do not think it is going to change. It is only pixels not like a gum drop or a jacket is going to use alot more memory. They have never reversed a decision and still after all these competitions do not listen.

For the first time they had the chance to do it right. No one was really upset we all felt like winners. Then with a swift unmickey style they blew it again.

I must say I do not think the hosts decide on the prizes. Yes they judged and if they had a choice they would give out more.

When I was in lily's room someone asked what the saddest thing was in VMK.
And before she answered some one asked about when we know the winners.

Lily said that was what I was going to answer. I think the hosts were happy to judge the rooms. But sad so few won for all the effort they saw.

And to know that it is the game programmers that are deciding the rules and the hosts get the brunt of everyone's wrath.

I really wish they would listen and be like other places to honor there mis prints. But know they actually made it worse. How hard would it have been to give the finalists a new outfit and keep the rest in blue jackets.

Heck they do have the red space suits hanging around from last competition the ones that are not magic.

For a game based on creativity the imagineers sure lack that when pushed against a wall.

So to all the hosts thank you for all you do. And sorry you get to hear all the complaints. So I say do not blame the messenger (hosts) blame the designers (you know who they are)

To My Dear Dis Family of Friends:grouphug:
I cannot tell you how happy I was to see my name under Honorable Mention for this contest.:yay: To have placed there for my first build is a is an awesome feeling, especially since there were 1,999 other amazing builds.:worship: My hat is off to all of you for some of the best rooms I have ever seen.:thumbsup2 Thank you all of my Dis friends for putting up with my I haven't been judged yet talk This Bud's for you :flower1:

PS Gosh, I would have liked some orange gumdrop chairs :rotfl:

LOL here is my two cents worth, although I totally agree with the complaints, correct me if I am wrong but isn't this complaining?? Where is this different from complaining about a host being consistently late to open her events?? As I see it, someone at VMK messed up, yet again. Wrong is wrong reguardless if you are directing it at a specific person or an un named staff. And once again VMK you are wrong!!!
LOL sorry I just had to get that out of my system. LOL

The difference is its not personal. You are signalling out an individual.

The difference is its not personal. You are signalling out an individual.

But...

The other one was not personal either, it was 99.9% about the way an event was run, which is the same as about this event. The other thread just happened to be an event run solely by Hula. It really is no different.

Seriously too ... How are we all going to feel if and when VMK decides to release this Donald Gift for 2008 Holiday Season, as the "Give a Gift" Option?

Well on the bright side of things ... I guess we will all be one gift ahead. ;)

Although I think that the gift seems to be though of by most everyone as a gift for us to give away, I took it as they are giving us the gift as a Thanks for participating. I'm hoping for a little something in the saying like "Great work on your room" or somthing along those lines. I dunno, but though I see the confusion - now - lol That is how I took the Donald Gift Prize to be ment as. :) A Gift To Us Participents.

Heres Hoping they remember The_Snowman this time around LOL.

Seriously too ... How are we all going to feel if and when VMK decides to release this Donald Gift for 2008 Holiday Season, as the "Give a Gift" Option?

Well on the bright side of things ... I guess we will all be one gift ahead. ;)

Well it shows the date the present was released, so we know how it was gotten.

But...

The other one was not personal either, it was 99.9% about the way an event was run, which is the same as about this event. The other thread just happened to be an event run solely by Hula. It really is no different.

Not the place for this.

I have no idea why it bothers me so much. But I think it is just ridiculous that everyone didn't get the orange gum drops if anything, instead we get something that is meant to be given away. This just adds salt to the wound. Thanks VMK for no Host events for two weeks, letting us spend thousands of credits on rooms, thanks for also limiting it so only very few people could even participate in the contest, and above anything else falsely advertise prize information, creating a mistaken excitement.

Sorry if I sound harsh, just my opinion. This was a fun contest just poorly planned.

I don't have the words to express how I feel. At this time, I intend to drop of my prize in a host room with the message of, "No, thank you."

I'm hoping for a little something in the saying like "Great work on your room" or somthing along those lines.

That would be very nice if those gifts came to us like that. Even if it's a simple saying. That would make them not seem so "generic". I think that would help "soften the blow" a little bit.

Here's to hoping! :thumbsup2

...So to all the hosts thank you for all you do. And sorry you get to hear all the complaints. So I say do not blame the messenger (hosts) blame the designers (you know who they are)

While I am in sympathy with people's disappointment in the prizes, I have to say I agree with Belle in not holding the Hosts to blame. I would be sad to see people dropping off their gifts in a host room as a sign of protest, if I were a host, that would make me most upset, after spending so much time judging peoples rooms. To me it shows disrespect. Please take care not to hurt others feelings in this matter.

Congrats to all the winners, but next time I will enter the Disboard contest where you had a shot at a good prize. A donald gift is not a good prize if you plan on bringing it out later in mass quantities which I figure will happen.

I hope you like your new donald gifts. Because Im giving mine back to VMK too.

That would be very nice if those gifts came to us like that. Even if it's a simple saying. That would make them not seem so "generic". I think that would help "soften the blow" a little bit.

Here's to hoping! :thumbsup2

This isn't aimed directly at you, I'm just quoting your post.

To me, putting the same message on the gift would be equally as generic as giving us a blank gift. At least with a blank gift you have the option of trading it or re-gifting it with a nice message to a friend.

Life is cruel. Why should the virtual life be any different? :(

I ran into a host, and she was upset too. She did not know what we could do but suggested that we all write to contact us.

Here is the letter I wrote: Feel free to copy it and send it to contact us.

I am writing on behalf of the 1967 people who now think of themselves as losers. Last night you post on your homepage that everyone who participated would receive a very nice participation prize. Today you thank everyone who participated then tell most of us we will not get a participation prize. Do you even know the meaning of the word participation??

Then you refer to us as "those of you that didn't win"

This is false advertising and you need to stand by your original announcement.

You have broken the hearts of lots of little kids as well as those of us that are kids at heart.

Please restore our faith in you and this wonderful game! We all worked very hard to make amazing rooms and we are all winners. Please don't spoil it for us.

This is taken from today's newsletter, 1/17/08:

"Congratulations again to everyone who participated and to our winners, enjoy your prizes! (All prizes will be awarded by 1PM P.S.T. on 1/18/08.)

PRIZES
Grand Prizes Winners:
5 Star Confetti Magic
Haunted Mansion Holiday Room
Skull Rock Holiday Room
30,000 Credits

30 Runner Ups (10 Winners in Each Category):
Skull Rock Holiday Room
7,500 Credits

*All VMK Gingerbread Competition finalist (Grand Prize and Runner-Up winners ONLY) receive the Participation Awards.

Grand Prize & Runner Up
Participation Awards:
Blue Winter Jacket – Non Tradable
Blue Winter Beanie – Non Tradable
Expedition Everest Boots
Top 10 Pin
Set of 4 Orange Gumdrop Chairs

For those of you that didn't win, we didn't forget about you, as a token of our appreciation for your hard work, ALL the players that submitted a room for the competition will receive this prize:"

Thanks for making me cry again,

FlyingPegasus

I really hope VMK understands that many of us worked really hard only to get a donald gift. The donald gift is not exactly something we would want for paying 30 thousand+ credits on our rooms for, we deserve more. We put alot of effort and time, and we only get a donald gift that probably will be released again. I don't really care about the Top Ten pin, that should just be a bonus for the winners.

Well not a shocker. When I saw the prizes last night, my first thought for the grand prize winners were geez the credits would have been better instead of the 5 star confetti magic, because they probably bought it already. Then I was really excited thinking that my girls will get the outfits for participating, we were not out there to win just hoping to get a cool participation prize.

Then when I read the news, I think how sad. Why cant some common sense be used when planning the prizes? Why cant they let us know in advance what the prizes will be so we dont go crazy spending unless we really desire the item? Also, giving appropriate notice when registrations will begin, so all have an opportunity if they choose to enter?

Come on VMK, we love the game. Alot of us have been around since the beginning and the fan base continues to grow. We expect some level of preparedness when having events like this and announcing the prizes. Clearly the newsletter was not well thought out because alot of boards were trying to clarify what it meant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter