New update on Gingerbread Winnings- Honorable Mention and prizes!

Bugdozer

<font color=royal blue>One day at a time.<br>Yeste
HONORABLE MENTION

This contest was one of our toughest ever from a judging standpoint, as there were many, many great rooms. These players won't recieve a Grand, Runner Up or Participation Prize, but they do deserve recognition.

GingerBread-2008-01-16-mistey-t.jpg

Mistey's giant Gingerbread man was just one of the many great rooms that didn't make the finals.
  • Aengus
  • Apple-PieForever
  • CallMeBella
  • Captain-Blue-Maxx
  • CardShark
  • Deziner
  • IGotMyBlackBelt
  • ImjustBeeNme
  • KangaforLife
  • LittleBelle
  • LittleLara
  • Mistey
  • MaidenDizznee
  • retrogal
  • starshinebelle
  • sugarbebe
  • TeaCupSpin
  • Wisdomtooth
  • YankeesWin
  • YoHoYoHoJoe
Congratulations again to everyone who participated and to our winners, enjoy your prizes! (All prizes will be awarded by 1PM P.S.T. on 1/18/08.)
PRIZES

Grand Prizes Winners:
5 Star Confetti Magic
Haunted Mansion Holiday Room
Skull Rock Holiday Room
30,000 Credits

30 Runner Ups (10 Winners in Each Category):
Skull Rock Holiday Room
7,500 Credits

*All VMK Gingerbread Competition finalist (Grand Prize and Runner-Up winners ONLY) receive the Participation Awards.
Grand Prize & Runner Up
Participation Awards:

Blue Winter Jacket – Non Tradable
Blue Winter Beanie – Non Tradable
Expedition Everest Boots
Top 10 Pin
Set of 4 Orange Gumdrop Chairs

For those of you that didn't win, we didn't forget about you, as a token of our appreciation for your hard work, ALL the players that submitted a room for the competition will receive this prize:

GingerBread-2008-01-17-DonaldPrize.gif

The Donald Suprise Gift!
Congratulations to everyone that won and thanks again to all for entering!

So there we have it :)

Bug

Congrats to the winners :thumbsup2 and to the Honorable Mentions that's pretty cool too :goodvibes

Blue Winter Jacket – Non Tradable
Blue Winter Beanie – Non Tradable
Expedition Everest Boots

I wish they would show us pics of these items, the curiosity is killing me :headache:

I am not complaining but it seems weird that they give us a participation prize that is meant to be given away to someone else. Does anybody else think that?

Thanks for the update and congrats to the Honorable Mentions. Now here's my question: Isn't the very definition of "participation" to be a participant? So..those who were entered into the competition aren't considered participants? Seems to me vmk staff needs a good lesson in the English language, because from what I learned in school was that the definition of "participant" is one who takes part in something.

I do not understand why VMK feels the need to only release those participation prizes to the people who were finalists.. Isn't a participant whoever takes part in the event? Ah well, thanks VMK for the update, and once again congratulations to all who have won AND taken part, you truly deserve it! :)

ETA: I agree with you, Mimi, did not see your post!

Thanks for this, as I been so caught up with work I would've never seen this in the homepage, thank you!

Yay!
I wish those ppl would've receive prizes anyway, all of them did an amazing jod. This is the only thing I found wrong in this :(

Thanks!
And congrats to all! :)
-Pirate

I have no idea why it bothers me so much. But I think it is just ridiculous that everyone didn't get the orange gum drops if anything, instead we get something that is meant to be given away. This just adds salt to the wound. Thanks VMK for no Host events for two weeks, letting us spend thousands of credits on rooms, thanks for also limiting it so only very few people could even participate in the contest, and above anything else falsely advertise prize information, creating a mistaken excitement.

Sorry if I sound harsh, just my opinion. This was a fun contest just poorly planned.

I am not complaining but it seems weird that they give us a participation prize that is meant to be given away to someone else. Does anybody else think that?

I have no idea why it bothers me so much. But I think it is just ridiculous that everyone didn't get the orange gum drops if anything, instead we get something that is meant to be given away. This just adds salt to the wound. Thanks VMK for no Host events for two weeks, letting us spend thousands of credits on rooms, thanks for also limiting it so only very few people could even participate in the contest, and above anything else falsely advertise prize information, creating a mistaken excitement.

Sorry if I sound harsh, just my opinion. This was a fun contest just poorly planned.

I think it was thrown together last minute... :confused3

Bug

HONORABLE MENTION

This contest was one of our toughest ever from a judging standpoint, as there were many, many great rooms. These players won't recieve a Grand, Runner Up or Participation Prize, but they do deserve recognition.

Bug

ROFL laughing I get honorable mention but in the same sentence it also says no participation prize :confused3 not sure that is a good thing, I am sure it is a typo.:rotfl2:

It is so nice to be acknowledge I am happy with that :) So I guess I will keep this room safe from hurricanes and gas explosions for now :)

What a nice birthday gift starting the year off right.

I think it was thrown together last minute...What can i say they are stooping to new lows... they know they messed up...again :confused3

Bug

I 100% agree. They provided false hope in getting great participation prizes and they give us a gift we are supposed to give away? The donald gift is nice but I'm not going to keep an empty gift for myself:confused3.

Great job to all who was on the honorable mention list but for me that would just put salt in the wound. Its basically saying you came so close to winning but no such luck.

I dont get mad at vmk often (it is a free game after all)but this is teaching kids its ok to promise something then back out. Yup thx vmk for providing false hope...

-End of Rant -

You know, I have to say that I too am disappointed by the participation award after VMK posted last night in a way that clearly lead everyone to believe that the participation prize for this event was the blue winter coat, beanie, and the orange gum drop chairs. VMK jumped the gun posting that in a matter that clearly says that those prizes were participation awards.

And I agree, it is silly that they are giving the Donald gifts as prizes when they are a gift for giving away. I have two thoughts on what to do with them:

1. Pick a friend who has one and trade with them.
2. Have a great big prize drop off in a host room and just drop them off and say, "Thanks for the fun competition, VMK, but no thanks for once again providing poorly worded information about the prizes."

We know that the powers that be at VMK read these boards. They know how most people interpreted that wording on their list, and they made an error by wording it that way. And now they have 1967 disappointed people who are getting a lesser prize that what was originally posted.

And it's not so much that I care about what I get for a prize. I just think that they were misleading, and unclear in the way that they worded the particiation prize.

Anyone want to buy a Donald present for 100,000 credits? ;) I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

Maybe the Donald Gift will have a Special Note for us. But there are ALOT of Gifts to write in. LoL

But there are some great prizes. Good Luck to everyone that entered! :thumbsup2

And Congrats to the Honorable Mentioned! I see some DIS up there!

Direct quote from the VMK newsletter:
Congratulations again to everyone who participated and to our winners, enjoy your prizes! (All prizes will be awarded by 1PM P.S.T. on 1/18/08.)

Now...what's the problem? VMK says in TWO places that anyone who entered the competition was a participant, but they won't get participation prizes? I think VMK should consider hiring an editor.

I agree with Rolls. Let's all thank the hosts by giving them a non-participation prize of a Donald gift. Oy.

Oh, yes. I did write to the Black Hole as well. Wonder if I'll get a canned response or my usual none at all. heh

And you think us honourable people could at least get one orange gum drop. I do not get why they feel the need to keep the number at 33. They have expanded the categories before. But hey this is the first time since day one I was mentioned in the newsletter "MY TITLE IS IN PRINT":thumbsup2

I was so looking forward to the blue jacket. Oh well.

I agree with Rolls. Let's all thank the hosts by giving them a non-participation prize of a Donald gift. Oy.

It has to be all in the same room on the same night to have an impact, Mims. hehe.

It's not about the prize, but about VMK providing inadequate and misleading information. If they had said that the participation award was the Donald present last night this wouldn't be a problem.

I'd rather have them come out and say, "We screwed up so we'll give everyone that particpation award" and the pony up another prize for the big winners.

for those that were able to enter and are extremely disappointed with the blue gift. I will be more than happy to take it off your hands since I could not get into the competition. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

You know, I have to say that I too am disappointed by the participation award after VMK posted last night in a way that clearly lead everyone to believe that the participation prize for this event was the blue winter coat, beanie, and the orange gum drop chairs. VMK jumped the gun posting that in a matter that clearly says that those prizes were participation awards.

And I agree, it is silly that they are giving the Donald gifts as prizes when they are a gift for giving away. I have two thoughts on what to do with them:

1. Pick a friend who has one and trade with them.
2. Have a great big prize drop off in a host room and just drop them off and say, "Thanks for the fun competition, VMK, but no thanks for once again providing poorly worded information about the prizes."

We know that the powers that be at VMK read these boards. They know how most people interpreted that wording on their list, and they made an error by wording it that way. And now they have 1967 disappointed people who are getting a lesser prize that what was originally posted.

And it's not so much that I care about what I get for a prize. I just think that they were misleading, and unclear in the way that they worded the particiation prize.

Anyone want to buy a Donald present for 100,000 credits? ;) I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

I would give 150,000 credits or a 5* inferno for Orange Gum Drops lol. Regarding the Donald, I am just giving mine to a Host as they worked the hardest in this competition judging all the rooms. I really wish they would just give everyone some orange gum drops, Donald Present would be better being released next year as a give a gift.

I am notorious for defending VMK. This time however, VMK, you goofed. Let me understand this:

Participation Award in the last 24 hours has now changed to mean: Winners only Award. Let's look at this, VMK. Here is what you previously had on the homepage:

PRIZES

Grand Prizes Winners:
5 Star Confetti Magic
Haunted Mansion Holiday Room Skull Rock Holiday Room
30,000 Credits

30 Runner Ups (10 Winners in Each Category):
Skull Rock Holiday Room
7,500 Credits

*All VMK Gingerbread Competition finalist (Grand Prize and Runner-Up winners) receive the Participation Awards.

Participation Awards:
Blue Winter Jacket – Non Tradable Blue Winter Beanie – Non Tradable

So, you had 3 sub-headings, each outlining a prize grouping.
1. Winners prize
2. Runner ups prize
3. Participation prize

The first is for winners.
The second is for runner ups.
The third is for - - - participants (which by definition includes all participants, winners, runner-ups, or those who got no recognition at all).

So, we got excited about our cool little hat and jacket that we are going to get, along with our gum drops, as a reward for working really hard and participating in a vmk event, even though we didn't win. How cool is that? Yay!

Then, a few hours later you come along and tell us that the only prize we are going to actually get is an item that in order to be used as truly intended, we must give away (I'm not sure if this part makes me want to laugh or scream).

What a GIANT disappointment. How can you publish that the participation award is something so very cool and exciting and then take it away? That's just so wrong, and to be honest, leaves many so very bitter about the entire competition, instead of proud of our participation - even if we didn't win. And let's not run a circle around the word "participation." We ALL know what it means: those who took part.

If you go to a gas station and the wrong price is posted, it should be honored. You have the ability to make this right, VMK, and to bring happiness to the Virtual Kingdom. Honor the prizes that you originally posted - for winners, runner ups, and participants (e.g. those who... participated).

It's ok that I didn't win, not everyone can be the best. However, for VMK to publish a prize that we come to expect as a participant and then take it away, just turns the entire experience into something I almost wish I had never done.

- Dreams (not a winner, runner up, honorable mention, or apparently even a participant)

P.S. So I wonder, is the Donald gift that I get for participating, trade able? Or do I just gift myself again and again and again?

I think it was thrown together last minute.

I could not agree with you more.

Also, congrats to those who were almost runner-ups.

Thanks for stating (once again) all that was going through my head, Disney Dreams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter