New You First Program UPDATE

I just got the welcoming letter as well. It doesn't say anywhere what my status is, it just welcomes me as "a member". Perhaps yours is the same? I think they are just sending out letters to everyone who was a member of Loews First, informing them of the change to You First.

Yes, it sounds like its the same letter. Their use of the word 'member' is what concerned me, and not being able to log in and confirm didn't help!

I (Gold Status) have yet to get the YouFirst letter, while DH (Blue whose account i have requested purged several times, most recently a month ago:rolleyes1 ) received it today.:confused3 It doesn't indicate his status either, yet

has some interesting verbage:

Special, unique-to-the-destination delights begin once a member qualifies for Gold status, and for our Platinum members a $100 credit per stay that can be used for fabulous Spa, Golf or Food & Beverage experiences

And now, you'll receive YouFirst credit for group or corporate stays @ any Loews Hotel. Just to help you earn benefits even faster

(OT - i'd love to know who proofread Mr. Tisch's letter :rolleyes: )

Anyway, I wonder what:

1) unique-to-the destination delights would be in Orlando?
&
2) "group" means:confused: would AP holders perchance be a "group":rolleyes1 ?

of course not, darn it...still trying to figure out what the rather vagueish terms mean in the loews you first rules? Specifically, what category would AAA rates fall under?

YouFirst benefits and points awards are based on completion of a qualifying stay at any Loews branded Hotel. A qualifying stay is one at any standard rate published by the hotel. Group, volume corporate and consortia rates do qualify under the terms of the YouFirst Program. Third party, government, Universal Passholder and Universal Florida resident rates do not qualify, nor do rates through any other discount program, coupon, complimentary or promotional offer.

The group status thing pretty much verifies that they are pandering to business travelers, and not families. Those who are there on convention bookings will receive credit.

I agree, Linda.

We will enjoy our suite upgrades in 2009. After that, in 2010, even after 15 nights we'll be down to Gold, then in 2011, we'll be down to Blue (again, even after 15 nights).

It's time for our family to find another vacation route. There are plenty of other things we enjoy doing, and Universal/Loews will no longer get all our vacation fund.

It's clear they don't care about us. In 2010, we'll show them we no longer care about them.

The group status thing pretty much verifies that they are pandering to business travelers, and not families. Those who are there on convention bookings will receive credit.

i wasn't aware u could add ur loews # to convention rates:confused3

Has anyone stayed at any of the resorts since the changes that can let us know what benefits they received if any ?

We arrive at PBH on Monday for 1 night and then switch to HRH for 4 nights.

If no one has been yet I'll be sure to report back how it all went and what YouFirst benefits we received as platinum.

She did tell us when we booked we would get the $100 credit at HRH but since I booked it says it's no longer participating in YouFirst. So I'm curious what they will do when asked on check in.

Has anyone stayed at any of the resorts since the changes that can let us know what benefits they received if any ?

We arrive at PBH on Monday for 1 night and then switch to HRH for 4 nights.

If no one has been yet I'll be sure to report back how it all went and what YouFirst benefits we received as platinum.

She did tell us when we booked we would get the $100 credit at HRH but since I booked it says it's no longer participating in YouFirst. So I'm curious what they will do when asked on check in.

hrh is not in the loews youfirst program
i doubt you would get the $100 credit there as it is listed in the booking section they do not participate.

be sure to let us know how it goes for you.
there is always the chance things could change.

you will get the $100 credit as platinum members when you stay at pbh.

Just back from a very wet (tropical storm Fay) but great 4 day stay at the Royal Pacific.

I'm platinum and received a pool view view upgrade when I booked. No suite since we were five in the room. We had a super saver rate of $161 and still got the You First benefits.

Wireless internet was free, you signed up for the $9.99/day plan each day and they said it would not show up on the bill (it didn't). They gave us a $100 stay credit. Nothing we charged at the hotel (breakfast, sushi) ever showed up on our bill so we had no idea how much of the $100 credit we used. Park meals and park gift shop items did show up on our bill.

Housekeeping was excellent as was all the staff despite the lousy weather (rain & windy for 5 days). We asked if we could check out one day early as we were sick of all the rain. They said no problem without any penalty or room charge the final day.

With the storm the parks were empty. The boats ran everyday and the pool was closed only one day when the storm was expected to hit (it missed but was close)

Lou

I can't find my email but did anyone gt the email about special promo this summer (and possiblly fall) in the last week or so that would give you two credits towards your YouFirst status? I was on the road and checked for our stay in Phila tonight. The online calendar showed that the promotion was not available for any day in Phila through September. This may be Loew's way of helping folks keep their status but I think it may be at almost rack rates. I wish I could find the email!

I'll post when I get back about the Phila Welcome gift and the $100 credit under platinum.

Found the email - I wil now try to paste it! I read it wrong. It is a an added hotel credit and not an extra YouFirst credit. Too bad! But not a bad idea if Loew's is listening!

Nobody does summer for the whole family better than Loews! With a menu of activities at each hotel, like "dive-in" movies, pool concierge and sunset celebrations at resorts, plus lemonade stands, Loews Loves Kids extras, free music download cards for teens, and "From our Family to Yours" family value menus, everyone is sure to enjoy their most memorable summer getaway ever!

Plus, all Summerfest getaways will receive an added hotel credit for use during your stay. Valid 6/1- 9/30/08.*

The email then went on to provide links to all of their locations whicch is why I found it curious that there was no availabilty at all for the Phila location. I would have loved to get two credits!

just back from hard rock and yes no platinum benefits at all no 100 credit no free internet no credit for stay i did email loews first as it is confusing as hard rock looks like it participates and they did allow me to keep my status until dec 2009

I am just watching Led Zep on the big screen in the lobby at the HRH. I am currently Blue status, managed to get an upgrade to pool view (had to ask), also rang about free internet which they do not give, they do give a welcome gift - beer and nuts, again had to call to get it and also got a late checkout. Overall I am happy with what I got, but dissapointed that the HRH will not be using you first for much longer. I asked about their new programme but they have no details yet, we are looking to stay again at Easter.

I was however very impressed with the hotel and the standard of service, loved every minute.

Michael

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter