New You First Program UPDATE

This is very confusing.

Just got an email from Universal Resorts:
top.jpg

Select Nights NOW – Dec 25: Save up to 25% per night*
Stay on-site at any of our world-class on-site Loews Hotels and save big this fall!
Enjoy our 4-diamond and more service, wealth of recreation, exceptional dining and ideal location within waking distance of both theme parks and CityWalk.

middle_banners_new.jpg

OneOffEmail_r4_c1.jpg

Catch some rays or go for a dip in one of our magnificent themed pools,
plus enjoy a variety of fun poolside activities or a "Dive-In Movie."

Experience a night out in CityWalk, while the kids hang out at one of our supervised Kids Camps.

Enjoy a variety of signature restaurants including Emeril's Tchoup Chop, The Palm, Mama Della’s Ristorante and Bice Ristorante.

Special kid’s suites accommodations: New Dr. Seuss Themed Kid’s Suites at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, new Jurassic Park Themed Kid’s Suites at Loews Royal Pacific Resort and music-inspired Kid’s Suites at Hard Rock Hotel.

bottom_tickets1.jpg

*Rates at these promotional rates are subject to availability. Savings are based upon seasonal rates. Not valid with any other discount or promotional program. Discounts valid select nights throughout promotional period. Blackout dates and restrictions apply. ^Rate is per room per night plus tax, based on 5-night stay in standard room category for travel 8/17-10/2/08 or 11/30-12/18/08, discounts vary by season. †On-site hotel privileges good for hotel stay as indicated on the room key card. Only good for the number of guests staying in the room. Paid theme park admission required. Some attractions excluded. Not valid for separately ticketed special events. Additional restrictions may apply and benefits are subject to change without notice. Access may be restricted during certain times at certain attractions.**Ticket(s) valid for admission to select Universal CityWalk Orlando clubs and venues for 7 consecutive nights including first day any portion of the ticket is used. Not valid for separately ticketed concerts, shows, and special events. Does not include admission to Universal Cineplex 20, an AMC Theatre or the Blue Man Group Show. Subject to availability. Some venues require ages 21 or older for admission. Valid Photo ID required. Restrictions apply. Benefits are subject to change without notice. Hard Rock Hotel® Hard Rock Cafe International (USA), Inc.

Now, doesn't that make it look like HRH is still in the Loews program?

This is very confusing.

Just got an email from Universal Resorts:
top.jpg

Select Nights NOW – Dec 25: Save up to 25% per night*
Stay on-site at any of our world-class on-site Loews Hotels and save big this fall!
Enjoy our 4-diamond and more service, wealth of recreation, exceptional dining and ideal location within waking distance of both theme parks and CityWalk.

middle_banners_new.jpg

OneOffEmail_r4_c1.jpg

Catch some rays or go for a dip in one of our magnificent themed pools,
plus enjoy a variety of fun poolside activities or a "Dive-In Movie."

Experience a night out in CityWalk, while the kids hang out at one of our supervised Kids Camps.

Enjoy a variety of signature restaurants including Emeril's Tchoup Chop, The Palm, Mama Della’s Ristorante and Bice Ristorante.

Special kid’s suites accommodations: New Dr. Seuss Themed Kid’s Suites at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, new Jurassic Park Themed Kid’s Suites at Loews Royal Pacific Resort and music-inspired Kid’s Suites at Hard Rock Hotel.

bottom_tickets1.jpg

*Rates at these promotional rates are subject to availability. Savings are based upon seasonal rates. Not valid with any other discount or promotional program. Discounts valid select nights throughout promotional period. Blackout dates and restrictions apply. ^Rate is per room per night plus tax, based on 5-night stay in standard room category for travel 8/17-10/2/08 or 11/30-12/18/08, discounts vary by season. †On-site hotel privileges good for hotel stay as indicated on the room key card. Only good for the number of guests staying in the room. Paid theme park admission required. Some attractions excluded. Not valid for separately ticketed special events. Additional restrictions may apply and benefits are subject to change without notice. Access may be restricted during certain times at certain attractions.**Ticket(s) valid for admission to select Universal CityWalk Orlando clubs and venues for 7 consecutive nights including first day any portion of the ticket is used. Not valid for separately ticketed concerts, shows, and special events. Does not include admission to Universal Cineplex 20, an AMC Theatre or the Blue Man Group Show. Subject to availability. Some venues require ages 21 or older for admission. Valid Photo ID required. Restrictions apply. Benefits are subject to change without notice. Hard Rock Hotel® Hard Rock Cafe International (USA), Inc.

Now, doesn't that make it look like HRH is still in the Loews program?

I can see what you are saying, however, what they are trying to offer would have to include the HRH because it is one of the onsite hotels. If HRH is not a Loews hotel, then Universal messed up when they wrote the part at the beginning of your post that I hightlighted red. Again, they may have written it without thinking about the definition. Everywhere else, I see they were careful not to call HRH a LOEWS hotel. Not even in the picture stating the HRH logo.

I'm just saying that they are setting themselves up for a lot of headaches but not specifically indicating, even in the fine print, that the HRH is not a Loews hotel (they don't say it is, but they don't say it isn't either). I don't believe they have ever indicated that the HRH was a loews hotel in their logo; at least all my old HRH confirmations do not say so.

Would like to hear from those who are booking HRH now, and trying to get upgrades, etc, through the end of the year.

Anyone recently return who did/did not get a welcome gift (loews member/qualified rate)?

I went to a function at the Seminole Hard Rock and was talking to a friend about Universal's Hard Rock being a Loew's hotel while standing in a buffet line. I thought the Native American's in front of us was going to scalp me after yelling at me that the Seminole's own all of the Hard Rock Hotel's!
Found out that each Indian in the tribe gets $8000/month (that is man, woman or child).

Subi, I was just coming in here to post the same thing, I just opened it this morning.

I am going during one of these weeks. I checked and my rate is the same, so I am wondering, am I getting the $25 gift card, the coupon book, and the two free tickets, or do I have to book this package? If I book this package, do I get my upgrade? Does it qualify as a stay? :headache:

Scratch that, I just realized, we are leaving before the extra value week starts. Ooopppsssie!

Now I'm very confused about all this. I got an email stating that my HRH does qualify to keep my Gold status until next year. I checked my reservation and they are still giving me the upgraded deluxe room, I've got my email which states my reservation is for a deluxe room with the Super Saver rate. So what happens now. Are they going to honor it or will I be in for a shock when I get there in the next couple of weeks? Should I change over to RPH or PB? I'm so confused.:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Now I'm very confused about all this. I got an email stating that my HRH does qualify to keep my Gold status until next year. I checked my reservation and they are still giving me the upgraded deluxe room, I've got my email which states my reservation is for a deluxe room with the Super Saver rate. So what happens now. Are they going to honor it or will I be in for a shock when I get there in the next couple of weeks? Should I change over to RPH or PB? I'm so confused.:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

hrh does not qualify you for the loews youfirst program.

change now to one that does if it is important to you to get a qualifying night in.

are you reserved in one of the specials that end at the end of august?
if you are, call and ask them what is included in your promo package.

the qualifying stay will not be counted if you stay at hrh.

if you go to the hrh booking site at uo website, this is what will show for youfirst with loews:

Youfirst is Loews Hotels' way of acknowledging and thanking our most loyal guests in ways that are personal and meaningful to them. Some of the benefits of YouFirst include:

Complementary in-room internet for Blue,Gold, and Platinum levels
Room upgrade, based on availability for Blue, Gold, and Platinum levels
Complimentary use of fitness center for Blue, Gold, and Platinum levels
Late check-out for Blue, Gold, and Platinum levels
American Express points (when paying with an American Express card)
Special partner offers

no qualifying stay is listed above to count towards your level to continue with the program of loews youfirst.

you get the basics that universal hotels get.
there is no $100 credit listed for platinum, no welcome gift listed, but a special partners offer listed.

i already gave my guess on which one that is.

it states you can get the upgrade based on your loews youfirst level but doesn't state of the other perks that pbh and rph has for the platinum levels.

looks like you are fine for your upgrade you are worried about.
if that is your main concern of getting the upgrade, stay with hrh

if you want the qualifying nights to count as a stay, then switch to one of the other hotels.

if you read the information that is listed for each hotel on site, you will find different things listed per hotel.

it is there, you just have to read it all to know which place has all the loews perks and which has some of the loews perks.

i like the hrh and staying there this fall.
next year, i might go with another hotel but i booked a long time ago and don't want to switch at this point.

you have to decide which is more important.
keeping your loews level status and perks or free upgrade and less perks.

all have the fotl and internet, late check out, fitness room availability.

I have a 'blue level' membership card - but all my stays have been non-qualifying APH rates. Am I still blue - or now just a member :confused3 ?

I have had to email them a few times about my account that I can get no information on. No account no or status. They said I was gold then said I wasn't. I now have an email from Kathleen stating I can keep my gold until next year. I have a club room booked at RPR. With the automatic upgrade what could I expect. I must phone to ask for the upgrade as I didn't know I had it when i made the ressie. Also what time is late checkout. Thing is we a re a party of 5 so don't expect we will get much of an upgrade other than where the oom is.

if you read the information that is listed for each hotel on site, you will find different things listed per hotel.

it is there, you just have to read it all to know which place has all the loews perks and which has some of the loews perks.

i like the hrh and staying there this fall.
next year, i might go with another hotel but i booked a long time ago and don't want to switch at this point.

you have to decide which is more important.
keeping your loews level status and perks or free upgrade and less perks.

all have the fotl and internet, late check out, fitness room availability.

Thanks Macraven for clearing that up, my main concern was the keeping the upgrade, I could live without the the other stuff. I'm more interested in keeping HRH because the beds are so comfortable, I have a back problem and last time I stayed at a king in RPR it was not half as comfortable as the queen bed at HRH. I'll stick to the comfort. Thanks again.:thumbsup2

I have a 'blue level' membership card - but all my stays have been non-qualifying APH rates. Am I still blue - or now just a member :confused3 ?

if you have stayed with a qualifying rate within the last year, you could still be blue. if you have been staying at the ap rate, sometimes a front desk tm has put in as a qualifying stay by accident. if that is the case, you are ok.

i have to stress that you should send an email to loews youfirst address to verify and get written proof of your status if you are counting on keeping your level for the future.

no one can tell you what is happening except for loews.
anything we say will not support you in the long run.

get some reply in writing that loews will have to honor whenever you check into the pbh or rph on site.

I have had to email them a few times about my account that I can get no information on. No account no or status. They said I was gold then said I wasn't. I now have an email from Kathleen stating I can keep my gold until next year. I have a club room booked at RPR. With the automatic upgrade what could I expect. I must phone to ask for the upgrade as I didn't know I had it when i made the ressie. Also what time is late checkout. Thing is we a re a party of 5 so don't expect we will get much of an upgrade other than where the oom is.

keep all correspondence to verify the status loews has told you.
you probably can keep your gold status if you have one stay between july 15 to dec 31 2008. that is what is listed on their new program.

if you did not book the upgrade when you made the ressie, there is NO guarentee that you will get an upgrade when checking in at the hotel.

the policy states, upgraded free if rooms are available.
if you want the upgrade, call now.

they can't give you an upgrade when you check in if no room is available unless you go on a wait list to be moved to an upgrade during your stay at the hotel.

late check out varies.
platinum is 2:00 late checkout. i have platinum and use that perk.

for blue and gold it can vary for late check out.
you don't even have to be a loews card holder to request it.

you can ask it be on your files for late check out when you first check in but you will be told to call in the morning you are checking out for getting a late check out.

if the room has full occupancy that day you want check out late, it might be tough to get more than an one hour later time. that would make it for noon.

if the room you are in is blocked out for the next arriving guests, it also makes it harder to get late check out.

if the hotel is doing a promo of you can enter a contest by checking out early, be prepared for a denial on your late check out request.

the last 2 years at hrh, all guests were advised if you check out by 7, you get three contest entries, by 8, two entries, etc........the winner each week gets a free stay at the hotel for a future visit.

this was during hhn period and hrh was running at a very high occupancy rate.

Thanks Macraven for clearing that up, my main concern was the keeping the upgrade, I could live without the the other stuff. I'm more interested in keeping HRH because the beds are so comfortable, I have a back problem and last time I stayed at a king in RPR it was not half as comfortable as the queen bed at HRH. I'll stick to the comfort. Thanks again.:thumbsup2

my priority is the free upgrade on platinum also.

i don't need the other amenities. there are nice and a sweet touch by the hotel but when it gets down to it, they don't equal my priority of room type for no additional cost.

Just returned from Loew's Miami Beach where we received all of the YouFirst Platinum bells and whistles. Got a letter today from Jonathon Tisch welcoming me to the YouFirst program.

:furious:

I just received a letter from Loew Hotels welcoming me as a member to YouFirst! Of course, their website isn't working for me so I can't check my status. Several weeks ago, I did receive an email confirming my gold status. Hopefully, they haven't changed it back to member status.

The website problems might be caused by my service provider (Comcast) as other sites aren't pulling up for me either!:mad:

Well I finally got logged onto my Loews account, after several password resets, and it still shows me as Gold. I'm not sure why they sent me a letter welcoming me. Maybe I have 2 accounts in their system now.:confused3

I'm just saying that they are setting themselves up for a lot of headaches but not specifically indicating, even in the fine print, that the HRH is not a Loews hotel (they don't say it is, but they don't say it isn't either). I don't believe they have ever indicated that the HRH was a loews hotel in their logo; at least all my old HRH confirmations do not say so.

Would like to hear from those who are booking HRH now, and trying to get upgrades, etc, through the end of the year.

Anyone recently return who did/did not get a welcome gift (loews member/qualified rate)?

The Hard Rock is still being run and managed by Loews, so still participates in the discount rooms, etc. You still book it on the Loewshotels.com site. The only thing it is not participating in is the YouFirst program. None of the things being advertised in this e-mail are part of the YouFirst program.

I got this e-mail too. It is for a discounted room program not affiliated at all with the YouFirst program. The Hard Rock may not be actually owned by Loews, but it is still being run by Loews, so is advertised with the other two hotels. You still get Unlimited Express, the boat service and everything else as a Loews run resort. You do not get the upgrades nor any of the perks of the YouFirst program.

I can see where it might be confusing for those that know so much about the YouFirst program. However, this e-mail doesn't mention the YouFirst perks at all and most people booking, unless members of YouFirst, wouldn't think of the YouFirst perks. And the Hard Rock section under LoewsHotels.com clearly states that they do not participate in the program. It is much like the Hilton hotels advertising room specials but they don't mention how it involves the Hilton Honor points.

If you have a reservation for a deluxe room upgrade at the HRH, I am pretty sure they will honor it. It would be pretty bad business to start kicking people out of reserved rooms because of their confusion at the beginning of the change over.

However, I would call the rooms manager directly at the Hard Rock and confirm that you are still being put in the deluxe room (reservations wouldn't know this) and that they are going to honor your upgrade.

Also, bring a copy of the confirmation e-mail that states you have a deluxe room.

:furious:

I just received a letter from Loew Hotels welcoming me as a member to YouFirst! Of course, their website isn't working for me so I can't check my status. Several weeks ago, I did receive an email confirming my gold status. Hopefully, they haven't changed it back to member status.

The website problems might be caused by my service provider (Comcast) as other sites aren't pulling up for me either!:mad:

Well I finally got logged onto my Loews account, after several password resets, and it still shows me as Gold. I'm not sure why they sent me a letter welcoming me. Maybe I have 2 accounts in their system now.:confused3

I just got the welcoming letter as well. It doesn't say anywhere what my status is, it just welcomes me as "a member". Perhaps yours is the same? I think they are just sending out letters to everyone who was a member of Loews First, informing them of the change to You First.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter