Newbie Here from NE Ohio

rstez

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
What a pletheora of info this Board has been since I have been lurking on it for about a month. We just booked our WDW trip for 9/21-9/29/09 and staying at FW cabins! I haven't been to WDW since 1975 and the DH and kids have NEVER been there (ages 17 and 12). Question about dining reservations: we are more into having our vacation around our meals and not our meals around the vacation so we really don't think we want to reserve dinner reservations. I guess we don't want our itinerary to work around when we have to get to a specific restaurant for our dinner. Is this wise? During Sept, can we "wing" it with hopes of just going to a buffet to feed the teenagers stomachs? Since we are in the cabins at FW, we will have at least one meal, probably breakfast, in the cabin. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks.:surfweb:

7.gif

Our vacations are not around the meals, we enjoy the freedom of no ADR's amd time consuming TS. We've been around the September time and most anything is doable without ADR's. We normally always stay at WL but frequent FW alot. We enjoy the buffet at Trail's End and like having our "welcome home" pizza and beer at Crockett's Tavern. This is about the best and cheapest buffet on property. We never do Disney dining plans, don't like packages and schedules and pre-booking months out, we never know where we will be and what we want to eat, we fly by the seat of our pants and 42 trips done have no regrets. We find that we eat differently in florida and the hot sun, one of our favorites is the noonish pool lunch made with groceries form our in route stop, along with some adult beverages. We like a variety of things, like a meatball sandwich for the POFQ food court, or a mess of "dogs" from Casey's in the MK, we're munchers not diners.

Hope you have a grand and wonderful stay.

I didn't even think of the hot sun! Thanks for bringing that to my attn! Flying by the seat of my pants is my middle name! :rotfl:

And we go purposely for the hot Florida sun, arond now we've had enough of this cold winter weather. Where abouts are ya?

Welcome to the DIS :) It's the best Disney site around. Glad your with us.

WELCOME from another Ohioan!
Have a great time in Sept., we are headed there in Oct.
We always make at least two or three ADR's, but our youngest has a peanut allergy,so we have to.

Welcome to DISboards. This is a great source of info and I'm sure you'll find answers to all of your questions, also be prepared to become addicted to DIS.:lmao:

Have a nice and safe trip coming. :)

I'm another newbie - long time lurker, first time poster, from NE Ohio. I'm in the Akron area, though.

Hi there! I am also from Ashtabula County and we'll have our 1st family trip 9/18-24. Too funny!

:cool1: Welcome!!!!! This is a great board!!
Hi all,
What a pletheora of info this Board has been since I have been lurking on it for about a month. We just booked our WDW trip for 9/21-9/29/09 and staying at FW cabins! I haven't been to WDW since 1975 and the DH and kids have NEVER been there (ages 17 and 12). Question about dining reservations: we are more into having our vacation around our meals and not our meals around the vacation so we really don't think we want to reserve dinner reservations. I guess we don't want our itinerary to work around when we have to get to a specific restaurant for our dinner. Is this wise? During Sept, can we "wing" it with hopes of just going to a buffet to feed the teenagers stomachs? Since we are in the cabins at FW, we will have at least one meal, probably breakfast, in the cabin. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks.:surfweb:

Wow, get outta town! LOL Where are you staying? Have you planned your drive down yet? We are hoping to do 12-14 hours of driving the first day to get ourselves as close to Savannah, GA as possible, get some sleep in a hotel and then finish the drive with plenty of time to get some groceries for the cabin. Where in Ashtabula County are you? Kids? Sorry, I'm full of questions and excited that someone else from around here is going down to WDW too!

I know! I was excited to see a post that mentioned Ashtabula County...lol!

I am from Conneaut. You can throw in a smiley or a frown for that...lol.

We have 2 kids (2 & 4) and this will be our fist trip to WDW since my husband & I were children. I'm pumped!

We are flying down and staying at the ASMu.

Where do you live? If you tell me Conneaut then I will start singing "It's a small world...."

I'm in Saybrook but my husband works in Conneaut for the railroad!

We thought briefly about flying down but we love road trips. My kids are 16-1/2 and 12-1/2 and we homeschool.

I am so excited to go to WDW too but there is so much to read and plan. Sometimes I have to take a break from all the stuff to go over otherwise, I'm dreaming it! LOL

hello and welcome from another ohioian!!! we are from Parma. The drive is not to bad as we did it 2 years in a row but now like flying a lot better!!! Whose had enough of this weather???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter