News from the BWV annual meeting - Dining plan

Does anyone have a link to some info on the DDE on an official DIsney site? I can't find any info on Disney.com. Any help is appreciated.

The Disney.com site has some DDE info in the Passholder area, you need an active annual pass to access it. The info here on the DIS/wdwinfo.com is accurate, but note that Cinderella's Royal Table will no longer accept the DDE discount beginning Feb 1, 2006.

The $50 offer below is for AP holders, you MUST be an AP holder or a FL resident ($75) to obtain the DDE.

DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE:

Become a member in the Disney Dining Experience program for $50.00, a $25.00 savings off of the regular price.

The Disney Dining Experience gives you:

20% off of food and beverages at over 70 Disney Resort hotel and Theme Park restaurants. (Discount is good for up to 10 guests.)
Theme Park and Resort parking for dining purposes
Member-Only invitations to exclusive events
Annual Passholders can join up by calling 407-566-5858 (Mon-Fri, 9:00am to 6pm EST). The Disney Dining Experience is not accepted during holidays, including New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, July 4, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for processing.

Participating Restaurants - 2005 list

Chuck S said:
The Disney.com site has some DDE info in the Passholder area, you need an active annual pass to access it. The info here on the DIS/wdwinfo.com is accurate, but note that Cinderella's Royal Table will no longer accept the DDE discount beginning Feb 1, 2006.

The $50 offer below is for AP holders, you MUST be an AP holder or a FL resident ($75) to obtain the DDE.

DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE:

Become a member in the Disney Dining Experience program for $50.00, a $25.00 savings off of the regular price.

The Disney Dining Experience gives you:

20% off of food and beverages at over 70 Disney Resort hotel and Theme Park restaurants. (Discount is good for up to 10 guests.)
Theme Park and Resort parking for dining purposes
Member-Only invitations to exclusive events
Annual Passholders can join up by calling 407-566-5858 (Mon-Fri, 9:00am to 6pm EST). The Disney Dining Experience is not accepted during holidays, including New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, July 4, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for processing.

Participating Restaurants - 2005 list

Thanks! Given the AP is only $60 more than a 7 day pass, then I think I may get one. If so, then I will definately get the DDE for the V and A discount alone.

yitbos96bb said:
I assume you are talking reservations for the TS restaurants. Because to get into the TS places with DDE or DP you usually need a reservation (unless I am missing something and DDE lets you skip to the head of the line... It would be worth $50 for that.) Otherwise, I assume you are going to use DDE for all counter service meals? Am I right or am I not understanding?

What I meant was I hate reservations in general. So if you hate reservations MYW dining is the worst choice of the two. In fact, you shouldn't choose it. If I can't find someplace to eat (TS) because there are no walkins when I want to eat day after day then I am not going to use all my TS vouchers. So I lose out.

Obviously, not liking to make reservations is not a good character trait with DDE either. But with DDE I still hate reservations but I am not going to "lose" anything. I can always eat at a CS most of the time or be served in a lounge and still use my DDE. On MYW I can't make that decision. Well I can eat two CSs for a day or two of a seven day trip but not for all seven days.

There are ways around this on MYW. I used a lot of my TS for breakfast. But it is not the best use of the plan. And that was the only reason why we didn't have a zillion TSs left and we did HDD and CG. But we also shared...too much food. Plus, there are some glorious dinners to be had.

To be honest there are always TS restaurants to go to on both plans in which you can get in without a reservation (maybe not now with MYW dining plan for DVCers too!!!). I did it. They might not be the most popular. And not on July 4th or anything!! I did get Le Cellier on a walk-in ...risky business these walk-ins. But on MYW dining you have for a seven night trip ....seven TS to use. On DDE... I can lessen the TSs or exclude that bother (reservations.....my outlook)

Will I do CS only on DDE? No. Higher % CS...probably. Either way I won't let reservations be a big part of my vacation. I hate them. Will I actually save $$$ over the $50....who knows...we'll see. I know I'll be drinking a heck of a lot more rum and cokes from December 11-20 at WDW because of the DDE. Saluting my lack of need to be at any sitdown restaurants way across WDW within 30 minutes. Cheers!

So you probably didn't misunderstand. I am very wordy and do not get to the point.

lisaviolet said:
What I meant was I hate reservations in general. So if you hate reservations MYW dining is the worst choice of the two. In fact, you shouldn't choose it. If I can't find someplace to eat (TS) because there are no walkins when I want to eat day after day then I am not going to use all my TS vouchers. So I lose out.

Obviously, not liking to make reservations is not a good character trait with DDE either. But with DDE I still hate reservations but I am not going to "lose" anything. I can always eat at a CS most of the time or be served in a lounge and still use my DDE. On MYW I can't make that decision. Well I can eat two CSs for a day or two of a seven day trip but not for all seven days.

There are ways around this on MYW. I used a lot of my TS for breakfast. But it is not the best use of the plan. And that was the only reason why we didn't have a zillion TSs left and we did HDD and CG. But we also shared...too much food. Plus, there are some glorious dinners to be had.

To be honest there are always TS restaurants to go to on both plans in which you can get in without a reservation (maybe not now with MYW dining plan for DVCers too!!!). I did it. They might not be the most popular. And not on July 4th or anything!! I did get Le Cellier on a walk-in ...risky business these walk-ins. But on MYW dining you have for a seven night trip ....seven TS to use. On DDE... I can lessen the TSs or exclude that bother (reservations.....my outlook)

Will I do CS only on DDE? No. Higher % CS...probably. Either way I won't let reservations be a big part of my vacation. I hate them. Will I actually save $$$ over the $50....who knows...we'll see. I know I'll be drinking a heck of a lot more rum and cokes from December 11-20 at WDW because of the DDE. Saluting my lack of need to be at any sitdown restaurants way across WDW within 30 minutes. Cheers!

So you probably didn't misunderstand. I am very wordy and do not get to the point.

I am surprised that you are so adamently against the reservations. When we were there mid june this year, we were making reservations day of for most places. All we did was go to the concierge (at the all star) and he took care of us. So making them is actually pretty easy even during a busy time.

No big or anything, I just haven't seen someone so against reservations. I was a bit surprised.

yitbos96bb said:
I am surprised that you are so adamently against the reservations. When we were there mid june this year, we were making reservations day of for most places. All we did was go to the concierge (at the all star) and he took care of us. So making them is actually pretty easy even during a busy time.

No big or anything, I just haven't seen someone so against reservations. I was a bit surprised.

I am being very dramatic. Hate is strong. Dislike. You know what since I couldn't afford sitdowns for years on end I really just got used to not planning. And if has been years....10 almost. It gives you a whole different vacation. This year I did the MYW dining .....had to plan somewhat....and didn't really enjoy having to be somewhere at a certain time. Honestly, I didn't notice it that much on that part of the trip but I had some days sans MYW dining after and I just realized how much I love not having to be anywhere at all. I spent a lot of time on the phone ( probably due to "free" dining volume) same day or night before saying "hhmmm cancel that one....let's try to add this one" when plans changed....usually not wanting to race around. Annoying myself and the crap out out of WDW-DINE reservationists. I never thought to use the concierge.

I have a favourite Korean restaurant here in Toronto where I make reservations every time I go to bypass the line so it is pre-vacation making and on vacation in general.

Plus, day of reservations...don't mind so much......really no biggie for me. Did it somewhat on MYW dining. Should have done the entire trip this way. But might be out of luck doing that with all these future dining plan people. Time will tell.

Enjoyed many nice restaurants on MYW though.

lisaviolet said:

You can only use DDE for CS at Animal Kingdom and at resorts that don't have TS. There may be a couple others, but not at MK, MGM, or Epcot.

My only thought about this new perk is that we all have more choices, and that's good for everyone. We all might take advantage of the diferent member perks at some time, but if we don't, it doesn't mean that they are a bad thing.

Our family will be taking advantage of both DDE and DP.

All who are listed on the room reservation (the entire party) must purchase the dining plan for the length of stay.

In reading everyone's response and knowing I go at least twice a year, we have breakfast in our DVC, don't do much snacking, , except for some dole whip's :cool1: and ice cream ;) ...do table service lunch or dining that my DDE card is a better deal for us. $50., 1 card, 20% discount and good for a party of 10 + any alcohol. :rolleyes:

We also do not snack that much and we also eat our breakfast in the room. We do both counter service and dining. In my opinion the DDE will work best for our needs.

Hi! I just called to make my restaurant reservations for our May/June trip. We were moving right along when I tried to book Cinderella's Castle for dinner on June 1st. She put me on hold for a very long time and came back and told me, "Although the Dining Plan is being offered for the Disney Vacation Club, the details have not been worked out yet. So, we're not sure whether or not the castle will continue to be included since they are changing their menu. My concern is that you have to pre-pay for your group ($337.18!!! :earseek: ) without knowing whether or not it'll be included. What would you like to do?" Well, I know that we could cancel at any time (24 hours. prior) and get my refund, but she's right. I'm putting that amount on my credit card for 6 months and I don't even know if it's going to be included in the Dining Plan?? Btw, I didn't even tell her that we were planning on getting the Dining Plan...she was just being sweet and watching out for us. I appreciate her help so much!! But, I'm also concerned that these "details" haven't been worked out yet....makes it very difficult to plan ahead!!! Anyway, just thought y'all would like to know how things are up in the air!!!

mikey13v said:
You can only use DDE for CS at Animal Kingdom and at resorts that don't have TS. There may be a couple others, but not at MK, MGM, or Epcot.

Thanks for that information. I used DDE last trip and thought that maybe I shouldn't have purchased it if I wasn't going to use a lot of TS. This trip (solo) I will use more lounges to make use of it. So time will tell if it works for my kind of dining. And in March my extended family will be down with us so it will much better utilized.

disvaclub92 said:
We also do not snack that much and we also eat our breakfast in the room. We do both counter service and dining. In my opinion the DDE will work best for our needs.

But DDE will not help you at all with CS restaurants with the exception of AK, POFQ, POP, and AllStars. I imagine few DVCers will want to make the trek to a value resort or POFQ just to use DDE.

And really, you sound like a good candidate for the dining plan since you like a mix of counter and table service. You could always use your snack credits on the Mickey rice cripie treats and take them home.

BTW someone mentionned Beaches and Cream as a counter service restaurant. It is table service. So you can use DDE there but would need to use a TS credit if on the plan.

I don't know the answer for sure, but why wouldn't Castle dining be included. I would think the plan would get very confusing if they started excluding meals for DVC members and including meals for non-DVC members.

The castle meals are two TS credits instead of one per person. That should be the only difference. That is the case for all people on the dining plan.

BCV23 said:
But DDE will not help you at all with CS restaurants with the exception of AK, POFQ, POP, and AllStars. I imagine few DVCers will want to make the trek to a value resort or POFQ just to use DDE.

And really, you sound like a good candidate for the dining plan since you like a mix of counter and table service. You could always use your snack credits on the Mickey rice cripie treats and take them home.

BTW someone mentionned Beaches and Cream as a counter service restaurant. It is table service. So you can use DDE there but would need to use a TS credit if on the plan.

Maybe not. You are probably correct about "few DVCers". But I ate at SSR (AP) and POFQ and POR quite a few times on my last trip using the DDE. The fact that I was at SSR and a nice boat ride to these CS locations probably has a lot to do with it. Don't forget about the lounges.

That's true about the lounges. We have a favorite one ourselves for a sandwich, steak or burger.

Where were you able to use DDE at POR? The lounge?

I wonder if Artist Palette will be on the DDE list once the full service restaurant opens. I would guess not.

The castle meals are two TS credits instead of one per person. That should be the only difference. That is the case for all people on the dining plan.

Actually, unless I got an old link, I looked up the plan and the castle isn't two TS credits. You're right, though, they may change it to that....

It is changing Feb. 1 according to a number of posts on the Dining board. Two credits, no DDE discount or any other kind for that matter.

BCV23 said:
That's true about the lounges. We have a favorite one ourselves for a sandwich, steak or burger.

Where were you able to use DDE at POR? The lounge?

I wonder if Artist Palette will be on the DDE list once the full service restaurant opens. I would guess not.

I feel an "uh oh" coming on. I used it at the food court at POR. I asked they said they take it (didn't have a permanent card at that time...so didn't have a list) and they gave me the 20%. Did they make a mistake? This solo trip I was planning on going there...using it...and sitting outside. I love POR. Say it isn't so.....

Crap. You are so correct. I just checked myself and it is not on the list. I ate there twice with a discount. I wonder if some employees work at POFQ and POR food courts and didn't remember that POR doesn't take it at their food court. Well I least I got a discount. That's too bad for future trips. I guess it will be POFQ this time or River Roost (lounge POR?????)....I am back down in a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter