News: Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway FPs now Available

Wow! I'm a bit surprised that they are going with FPs right off the bat like that. Interesting!

I'm surprised you were able to replace Muppets for Falcon unless you a) previously did not have any Tier 1 FPs or 2) you had RNR Coaster and that automatically dropped to Tier 2, opening up your availability to book Falcon. For MMRR, though, you will have to modify your existing Falcon or Slinky FP in exchange for MMRR.
They had 3 Tier 2 FPs booked it looks like (Tower, RnR, and Muppets). So then they could change any of those three to a tier 1.

Torn about what to do. Doing six park days 3/23-3/28 — and only have one HS day planned so far (3/27). Trying to decide if I should add a second HS day on day one and try to get MMRR.

We are currently starting day one at Akershus PPO at 8:15 with my DH and 2 girls ages 3 and 8 (the girls love the princesses) and was hoping to rope drop FEA. Both are huge Frozen fans so we can’t miss that ride and want to kick off the trip with it. Since I’m not sure how long the ADR will take, I also booked a FEA FP for 9:30. When we’re done with FEA we were going to hang at Epcot for a bit and then hop to HS (because I already have a full FP day planned at Epcot later in the trip). But am I better off booking my FP at HS for that day? And then crossing my fingers that we can make it to FEA without much of a wait?

Otherwise, for our current HS day, we have TSMM, AS2 and SDD fast passes with the last one ending around noon. If I keep just the one HS day, the plan would be to rope drop MMRR and try and score a boarding pass for RotR. Then perhaps ride MFSR later in the day when the line subsides.

What would you all do? Keep the current plan or switch it up for day one?

Just changed Millenium Falcon to Mickey and Minnie RR for Spring Break since we rode the falcon last summer at Disneyland - and unless you are the pilot its pretty meh. Super excited!

If they are only starting the FP line at 10:30 that will be interesting to see it play out; I think it's smart, since that means until 10:30 the standby line will be moving at least.

My group voted for SDD and MFSR for our tier 1’s on our 2 DHS days on the spring break trip so we’ll be getting in line for MMRR while we wait for the ROTR lottery to open.

I just snagged my MMRR FP! :banana:

I ended up trading SDD, but we all agreed that this was a higher priority. Since we will (hopefully) have a BG for ROTR and I have a FP for MFSR on our other DHS day, so we will most likely RD SDD on one of those mornings since we'll have FPs for the other Tier 1 rides between our two DHS days.

If they change ROTR procedures before March and we have to try for a FP, all bets are off. If I can even get one of those, I guess I would trade MFSR for it. But I'm really hoping they stick with ROTR BGs for our trip.

If they are only starting the FP line at 10:30 that will be interesting to see it play out; I think it's smart, since that means until 10:30 the standby line will be moving at least.

I don’t know if this is true, but it would make sense to not start FPs right at opening. For a lot of the other most popular rides they let the first wave of guests go to the ride some time before the official opening time, allowing part of that first crush to get past the FP merge point before FP holders are admitted. At DHS they can’t really do that as long as the ROTR boarding group distribution is handled the way it is now.

When MMRR opens, the number of hold points for rope drop will increase from 3 to 4. Hopefully that will help spread out the crowd some. Instead of having one attraction that draws a very high percentage of guests, like at Flight of Passage, or 7DMT when it first opened, there will be four popular choices.

If you want to see how FPs affect SB times just look at Peter Pan....That standby time is ridiculous for a ride that almost never stops loading riders. It's mostly a result of loading 2-4 SB riders for every 20-30 FP riders.

The standby for Peter Pan at Disneyland is one of the longest in the park. When the park opens each morning it is the longest in the park. It doesn't have FP. The ride is a slow loader with a low capacity, and popular.

Kind of OT but related to FP's effect on lines, I'm pretty sure Josh at EasyWDW has an old post (or more than one) after FP+ was added to attractions and it showed the addition of FP+ to attractions that didn't have it or where FP- was not fully utilized saw fairly significant increases in wait times (unsurprisingly). It was probably around 2014 if anyone wants to go read it and see the numbers.

I'm surprised you were able to replace Muppets for Falcon unless you a) previously did not have any Tier 1 FPs or 2) you had RNR Coaster and that automatically dropped to Tier 2, opening up your availability to book Falcon. For MMRR, though, you will have to modify your existing Falcon or Slinky FP in exchange for MMRR.
Wait. Why did no one tell me I used a) and 2)??? I thought you guys were my friends!!! 😳
🙃 LOL

Torn about what to do. Doing six park days 3/23-3/28 — and only have one HS day planned so far (3/27). Trying to decide if I should add a second HS day on day one and try to get MMRR.

We are currently starting day one at Akershus PPO at 8:15 with my DH and 2 girls ages 3 and 8 (the girls love the princesses) and was hoping to rope drop FEA. Both are huge Frozen fans so we can’t miss that ride and want to kick off the trip with it. Since I’m not sure how long the ADR will take, I also booked a FEA FP for 9:30. When we’re done with FEA we were going to hang at Epcot for a bit and then hop to HS (because I already have a full FP day planned at Epcot later in the trip). But am I better off booking my FP at HS for that day? And then crossing my fingers that we can make it to FEA without much of a wait?

Otherwise, for our current HS day, we have TSMM, AS2 and SDD fast passes with the last one ending around noon. If I keep just the one HS day, the plan would be to rope drop MMRR and try and score a boarding pass for RotR. Then perhaps ride MFSR later in the day when the line subsides.

What would you all do? Keep the current plan or switch it up for day one?
Honest question for you: Is this trip about your girls or you/DH? It can be for both, but really just want to put it out there.

If seeing all of what HS has to offer, I'm guessing you'll need two days there so that you can do a combination of FPs and RD to get at least one chance on every headliner. I, personally, have not done Akershus and FEA, so I will defer to those that have firsthand experience. But, just in mid-January, my DD, mom, and I had breakfast at Garden Grill. A PPO ADR at 8:15. You can show up early (which I knew thanks to these boards!) - they will let you in whether you have a 8 am or 8:15 reservation. We were fortunate to be staying at Boardwalk, so we were at the International Gateway by 7:40 - they let us in shortly before 8 (maybe 7:50-7:55?). We were at GG by 8 am and got seated right away. Our server to us we could get down to Soarin' at 8:50 to be let in before the crowds coming in with the 9am regular open. It worked out perfectly.

Again, depending on what others say that have firsthand experience, I would suggest you get to the gate early, get your breakfast started as early as possible, and get right in line at FEA. You should have a slight lead over the regular open crowd. Then you'd have time to do FPs at HS. But, I think this only works if you can move your FPs around and try to get one of the headliners for that day that you hop over since you won't be able to get a BP for ROTR by the time you get over there. Just my two cents!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter