News Round Up 2016

For me I think it depends on who these executives are...

I'm not trying to compare Disney executives to Sony executives, but I'm sure Sony executives must have been happy with the product of Amazing Spider-man 2 to allow it to be released.

Just because an executive isn't happy doesn't necessarily mean the movie is bad. It doesn't mean the movie is good either.

I'm sure there are many examples of a movie being burned by "testing".

Right off the top of my head I can think of I Am Legend. Original ending to the movie was suppose to be
The main male vampire/zombie thing breaking into the lab to rescue is wife. Thus making the audience come to the realization that our main character was actually the "monster/legend" of the movie...hence the title "I Am Legend".

That ending didn't test well, so it was changed to
our main character suicide bombing the mob of vampire/zombie things..even though he could have thrown the grenade and also got into the vault thing.

I guess that was just a long winded way for me to say that just because something doesn't "test well" doesn't immediately make it bad.

It is a little troubling hearing that a film has "scheduled re-shoots" though...

News

First details on Cars 3

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...78/?siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-ZVrAMH9Te9IpivG6mKSflw

I know what many of you guys think but I like Cars. The second one wasn't as good but I really enjoyed the first one.

I'm with you. I like the first Cars movie quite a bit. The second one suffered from the dreaded "too much sidekick" syndrome - where Mater, who was entertaining enough in the first movie as a sidekick became the focus of the second movie and it just didn't work as well. (The movie had many other problems as well - in particular being a lack of heart that usually sustains Pixar movies.) For a long time I would call it my least favorite Pixar movie until I just saw The Good Dinosaur.

I will say this synopsis is the first thing that gives me a tiny bit of hope for this movie. After Cars 2 and Planes everything about the franchise feels like it's about selling toys even worse than the other franchises. Going back to having Lightning McQueen be the lead character and how getting older would affect his racing career sounds like a more interesting place to be.

I disagree I think avatar fits quite well at AK with its conservation message.

Except Animal Kingdom is called Animal Kingdom, not Environmental Awareness Kingdom. And even if you go that route, the "green" message was subtlely all over Zootopia (I mean the scene with the tossing of the popsicle sticks in the green recycling containers was kinda "on the nose" - I can think of many more)...

Except Animal Kingdom is called Animal Kingdom, not Environmental Awareness Kingdom. And even if you go that route, the "green" message was subtlely all over Zootopia (I mean the scene with the tossing of the popsicle sticks in the green recycling containers was kinda "on the nose" - I can think of many more)...
Animal kingdom is all about animal conservation awareness. Avatar is about conservation. Zootopia while it has animals it's about being anything you want to be and being yourself. If you say Zootopia should be in animal kingdom just because it has animals then why aren't characters like dumbo, Mickey and friends, song of the south, etc. in animal kingdom? Avatar was originally supposed to be in DHS but when they turned it into a land they felt the message of avatar fit better at AK.

Animal kingdom is all about animal conservation awareness. Avatar is about conservation. Zootopia while it has animals it's about being anything you want to be and being yourself. If you say Zootopia should be in animal kingdom just because it has animals then why aren't characters like dumbo, Mickey and friends, song of the south, etc. in animal kingdom? Avatar was originally supposed to be in DHS but when they turned it into a land they felt the message of avatar fit better at AK.

A zoo utopia (heck, any utopia) seems to be the perfect embodiment of what Animal Kingdom wants to be. The only problem being that the movie used "zoo" in the name and we know how Disney feels about associating "zoo" with Animal Kingdom...

And as for the old Disney products (Mickey, Dumbo, Song of the South)...1st, I'd mention Mickey and Minnie did have their own land in AK, so Disney felt they fit once...and 2nd, many of the rides/experiences they associate with predate AK, and moving them gains Disney nothing (especially when they have so many animal characters and animal movies to hit the well with)...

A zoo utopia (heck, any utopia) seems to be the perfect embodiment of what Animal Kingdom wants to be. The only problem being that the movie used "zoo" in the name and we know how Disney feels about associating "zoo" with Animal Kingdom...
The animals are representing people in the movie though not animals. You have a bunny as a cop, lion as the mayor, etc. it's not like lion king where they act like animals. I think that's where the difference is.

This is a double bed room. There are two beds just one is in the wall and comes down like at AoA.

So isn't this worse? I mean it looks nice. But I'm assuming the fold down bed is not as comfortable as the other bed. I guess this is ok if you actually spend a ton of time in the room, but I definitely do not when staying at Pop. It's probably not going to keep me from staying there, but this is a negative to me.

So isn't this worse? I mean it looks nice. But I'm assuming the fold down bed is not as comfortable as the other bed. I guess this is ok if you actually spend a ton of time in the room, but I definitely do not when staying at Pop. It's probably not going to keep me from staying there, but this is a negative to me.
In fairness to Disney I've used fold down beds at Disney a fair amount of times and they're pretty comfortable. Its all a matter of personal opinion though

I don't think it is worse. You'd have to ask those who have stayed at AoA to know for sure but I've stayed at POR in the Murphy bed and that wasn't bad.

would definitely be nice to see a full room shot. I really like the general atmosphere they are going with in the refurb room design.

Is this still what the current rooms look like at POP?

Pop-Century-Resort-Room-001.jpg

If so....the new photos look a bit claustrophobic initially to me...but you can't at all see the layout of what is against the wall opposite the bed and Murphy bed. So it likely isn't at all which we won't know until we see a whole room shot. A lot of extra space is there depending on how that cabinet/tv//table space is set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter