News Round Up 2016

May I ask why?

The rockwork covering in the waterfall opening looks fine ... though kinda surprised it's not part of the new ride.

The white and orangish rectangles stick out like a sore thumb ... jarring from the surroundings and NOT in a "hey, wow, cool, what's that over there" kinda way. It just doesn't seem to fit, at least not in the current state of those photos.

It was storming SO bad when I went though. I was trapped in a shop. I couldn't get in to the AK park, it was horrid until it died down. Like, imagine being trapped in a crowded, hot shop, in the rain, for about 45 minutes. Yeah.

I'm pretty sure every one of us have done that. It's part of the parks in the rain. Or you could just do like I do and walk through the park while everyone else is scrambling. Lol

I'm not surprised about the disappointing box office for Alice at all.

The last one was the pinnacle of everything that is wrong with a modern Tim Burton movie. Helena Bonham Carter shoved into a role where she plays her usual manic self (only now with 300% more head), Depp in a major super hammed up role (where we find the Hatter upstaging Alice at every turn, and yet still managing to be annoying as all hell), and a jumble of a storyline that somehow puts the Jabberwocky in the Red Queen's control simply so they can have a big bad guy at the end of the movie. it is somewhat amazing that it grossed nearly a billion worldwide considering all it really had going for it was it's visuals.

The only hope I have for the sequel is Sascha's character. But I also worry we are in line for another Monkeybone or James and the Giant Peach, ie: A "Burton movie" not by Burton. Many of you likely know that Henry Selick directed NMBC, due to Burton's commitments on Batman and Edward Scissorhands. This led to many of Selick's movies being subbed as, "From the director of Nightmare Before Christmas" in hopes that people would think it was Burton. Selick's movies were also full of needless spirals and other 'Burtonisms' in order to play up the link. Burton's stuff has been less than impressive as it stands for me in the past decade or so. Aping Burton during this period is even worse. However I suspect this latest Alice will do just that.

Far from it. Your constant complaints about every aspect of the company aren't exactly stable footing. Rather, bitter ramblings that have no basis in reality after the past few years of changes.

Nope...there it is...which leads to stalemate.

Stockholm syndrome

And Disney isn't fast tracking anything for this movie.... This is one of those silent killer movies. It's done incredibly well but they haven't talked much about it. WDW can't even get a meet and greet.

To me, Zootopia is one of those film properties that really doesn't have an ideal home in any of the parks (Talking about WDW here, since I've never been to DL). AK would be the closest fit because animals, but the overall themes between the two properties don't really mesh. MK could also be fine for a M&G, but again, it doesn't fit in any of the lands.

That really only leaves HS as a potential home, and that park is just a mess right now.

To me, Zootopia is one of those film properties that really doesn't have an ideal home in any of the parks (Talking about WDW here, since I've never been to DL). AK would be the closest fit because animals, but the overall themes between the two properties don't really mesh. MK could also be fine for a M&G, but again, it doesn't fit in any of the lands.

That really only leaves HS as a potential home, and that park is just a mess right now.

I haven't seen the movie yet <gasp> but based on the trailers, I see it fitting decently well in either future world at Epcot or Tomorrowland at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter