• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2016

1. :mickeyjum

2. It's hard to imagine they won't at least try to continue to group the entire park into "lands", which leaves me to wonder... what kind of "land" will Tower of Te... errr... Guardians of the Galaxy fit into?? It sure ain't Old Hollywood!

3. ... on Anaheim. :sad:

4. WDW wants some lovin' too! :furious:
2. They are creating a new marvel land

Rumor

Adding onto what is above.

Great Movie Ride changes/redo plans are not dead.

DHS will become a park of all IP and nothing original. (I am trying to think is anything there right now is original)

Disney is going to spend money like never spent before (think disney decade) on Anaheim to keep their tax cuts and then some. We should be seeing teases at marvel things to come at DCA at D23.

Whatever goes into DCA marvel wise will be cloned for Shanghai.

Guardians Tower at DCA is tentatively planned for a May 27th opening.

Fantasmic 2.0 is set to open June 23rd.

PTN will then also debut back at Disneyland in the summer after its refurbishment.

PTN is not coming to WDW.

That sounds awesome... mostly for Disneyland, I guess. More hotels, parking space and new attractions sound like a great next few years for the resort. Also, I wouldn't mind if PTN stays over at DL. I think WDW should get a new night time parade of its own. Both resorts deserve that. And hopefully some of the changes to Fantasmic will make its way to the DHS version as well.

Rumor

Well I have some bad news folks...

Spirit is back and says that Disney execs are liking the plans for the DCA ToT redo so much so that DHS is also going to get it... However it won't come until after Toy Story opens in 2018.

He says Ellen's Energy Adventure has new plans that if it happens would open for the WDW 50th. He does not give an IP but says that Tron was one of the ideas tossed around.

He says WDI had plans for the guardians coaster in Epcot but costs sky rocketed and passed up the cost of radiator springs racers which is the most expensive attraction Disney has built. The coaster would have been similar to the planned Captain america coaster for DCA.

I don't buy it. I know nothing about "Spirit" or how he gets his insights but my gut tells me this is wrong. There's no benefit in doing it.

I don't buy it. I know nothing about "Spirit" or how he gets his insights but my gut tells me this is wrong. There's no benefit in doing it.
It's cheaper and Disney loves cheap. It's obvious Disney wants guardians in WDW it's just where will they end up I guess. If DCA Guardians tower is a success that gives them a reason to do it.

It's cheaper and Disney loves cheap. It's obvious Disney wants guardians in WDW it's just where will they end up I guess. If DCA Guardians tower is a success that gives them a reason to do it.

Especially if the second film becomes just as successful as the first one. Though it makes me wonder what would happen to the Guardians ride that is being rumored for Epcot. Having two rides with the same IP in two different locations would be kind of weird.

It's even cheaper to leave ToT as it is. Future World needs the new attractions much more than DHS will after Toy Story and Star Wars. I don't have anything concrete to prove this wrong, but there's also nothing concrete to prove it's right. It just doesn't sit right with me. My gut tells me it's false.

Especially if the second film becomes just as successful as the first one. Though it makes me wonder what would happen to the Guardians ride that is being rumored for Epcot. Having two rides with the same IP in two different locations would be kind of weird.
If Guardians goes to DHS it wouldn't go to Epcot. It's one or the other.

It's even cheaper to leave ToT as it is. Future World needs the new attractions much more than DHS will after Toy Story and Star Wars. I don't have anything concrete to prove this wrong, but there's also nothing concrete to prove it's right. It just doesn't sit right with me. My gut tells me it's false.
Even if this happens there are plans for Epcot.

It's cancelled. Or really being re-themed.

I'd personally just go right to the source. It's very much worth the read.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-terror-rific-spirited-13th-tot-fans-have-lots-to-fear.921460/

Spirit spins a lot of tales - many of them never come to fruition. (In fact, I'd say about 1/3 of his rumors are saying that previous rumors aren't happening.}

I know @rteetz is a fan of his, and he does get things right at times, but his long lead rumors often don't come about. (Remember, he was one of the first to say GotG was coming to ToT, and then it was coming to Epcot, and now coming back to ToT. He also had Star Wars land in the Indiana Jones location, and a Pixar themed area before Toy Story Land - though he did eventually get Toy Story Land right. As I said, I'm not claiming he doesn't know inside stuff - he may well indeed - but he puts out a lot of rumors that don't happen - so I wouldn't get too worked up about what he says - especially when it's "after 2018".

That's NOT a bounce-back promotion. However, when we were there last week there WAS a free dining Bounceback advert in the room. I can't remember the exact dates (I have the brochure at home I think) but it was like one week at the end of May/early June, then like August 15th through September 21st, then one week in November, and one week in December.

I assumed this was already known info - if someone would like me to get the exact dates - let me know.

Spirit spins a lot of tales - many of them never come to fruition. (In fact, I'd say about 1/3 of his rumors are saying that previous rumors aren't happening.}

I know @rteetz is a fan of his, and he does get things right at times, but his long lead rumors often don't come about. (Remember, he was one of the first to say GotG was coming to ToT, and then it was coming to Epcot, and now coming back to ToT. He also had Star Wars land in the Indiana Jones location, and a Pixar themed area before Toy Story Land - though he did eventually get Toy Story Land right. As I said, I'm not claiming he doesn't know inside stuff - he may well indeed - but he puts out a lot of rumors that don't happen - so I wouldn't get too worked up about what he says - especially when it's "after 2018".
I suppose it much like the media trying to "scoop" a story...doesn't matter so much if a rumor really happens, it's more important to be the first to report it. Not saying that Spirit isn't a credible source, but it seems to me that the execs and designers change their collective minds so often, no one really can say with any certainty what is going to happen. When I read all these conflicting "rumors", it seems to me that often they are just throwing "stuff" at a wall, to see what will stick...and then do it again in a couple weeks...and the stuff that sticks, well, it may not be recognizable as the original "rumor" even if it does actually come about.

Not bashing anyone, especially Rteetz who does such a great job of trying to keep all of us in the loop - just saying without a time machine that can go into the future to see what actually DOES get built, it's all subject to change and/or scrapping.

That's NOT a bounce-back promotion. However, when we were there last week there WAS a free dining Bounceback advert in the room. I can't remember the exact dates (I have the brochure at home I think) but it was like one week at the end of May/early June, then like August 15th through September 21st, then one week in November, and one week in December.

I assumed this was already known info - if someone would like me to get the exact dates - let me know.
I believe that the Free Dining one is ending at the end of this month. Most are hoping a Room Only offer comes out after that.

We'll be at HS on the 21st, so hopefully some reviews will be posted pretty quickly!

You should go and write a review and post it here for all of us! :D

Rumor

Well I have some bad news folks...

Spirit is back and says that Disney execs are liking the plans for the DCA ToT redo so much so that DHS is also going to get it... However it won't come until after Toy Story opens in 2018.

He says Ellen's Energy Adventure has new plans that if it happens would open for the WDW 50th. He does not give an IP but says that Tron was one of the ideas tossed around.

He says WDI had plans for the guardians coaster in Epcot but costs sky rocketed and passed up the cost of radiator springs racers which is the most expensive attraction Disney has built. The coaster would have been similar to the planned Captain america coaster for DCA.

While all of this is totally possible (anything is possible) these things are so far out that I'm not even sure what to make of it. The Guardians/Tower of Terror rumor..."it won't come until after Toy Story opens in 2018"...does that mean that the rumor won't be announced until 2018 or the ride is scheduled to change in 2018, or what?

Here's a rumor I'm making up that everyone can write down and post all over the internet:

Within 10 years Disney will open a fifth gate called North Ipsim Peninsula. The back story will be a small quiet town that decided to buy second hand theme park rides to try and help the struggling town thrive. The main land will be Nostalgia-Land. They bought the old attractions that were once the "next best thing" in all the Disney parks. Unfortunately North Ipsim Peninsula only had money to buy the rides "as is" and as such cannot afford any more licensing fees. They'll call the park No. IP for short.

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a fan of his, I am not huge on how negative he is some times. He does get things right (more than most) so that's why I post what he says.

Any insider (yes I know many of you don't like that term) will be the first to tell you that things change with Disney and are changing all of the time. That's why we saw Star Wars move from the Indiana Jones area to the backlot.

You should go and write a review and post it here for all of us! :D

While all of this is totally possible (anything is possible) these things are so far out that I'm not even sure what to make of it. The Guardians/Tower of Terror rumor..."it won't come until after Toy Story opens in 2018"...does that mean that the rumor won't be announced until 2018 or the ride is scheduled to change in 2018, or what?

Here's a rumor I'm making up that everyone can write down and post all over the internet:

Within 10 years Disney will open a fifth gate called North Ipsim Peninsula. The back story will be a small quiet town that decided to buy second hand theme park rides to try and help the struggling town thrive. The main land will be Nostalgia-Land. They bought the old attractions that were once the "next best thing" in all the Disney parks. Unfortunately North Ipsim Peninsula only had money to buy the rides "as is" and as such cannot afford any more licensing fees. They'll call the park No. IP for short.
Since DHS has minimal attraction capacity already they want to wait until toy story land opens for more capacity in DHS. ToT wouldn't close until after the opening of toy story which is in mid to late 2018. He didn't say if it would be announced before that or not.

Yeah, how's that refurb of the Imagination pavilion coming along?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter