• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2016

I think there is something to be said for being into the details and tracking news which brings to light things that don't come to be or are cut/cut back that can bring to light more negative things than if you are a casual fan

For example, I saw the first plans for the slinky dog coaster and then the revised plans which called for less theming, etc. .... it bummed me out but I am sure 99% of the population would have no idea of what was originally pitched and will love (not to say I won't love it anyway but I might think about what more it could have)

Exactly this. You don't know what you're missing if you don't know anything in the first place.

Well, I love planning so the positives outweigh the negatives for me ... and I think it helps have very efficient trips compared to people that know nothing and then complain that they didn't get anything accomplished at Disney and that it was boring, etc.
totally agree...the folks I know who are going for the first time very seldom accept my offer to help them plan...I always wince when they say things like "well, we want to be flexible" and "no, I don't think we want to reserve our meals in advance cause we don't know what we will be doing..."

OY...I can only smile and tell them that if they change their minds, I'd love to help.

I think the planning is almost as much fun as going - and it never fails that no matter how much I plan before the trip, we ALWAYS end up changing things around once we get there.

From your lips to God's ears.

I could see Future World (or a good portion thereof) someday becoming a Marvel area.

I'm not super knowledgeable about the California Parks. Where was that meet and greet with Captain American and Thor? Wasn't it in a building that had different Iron Man Suits? Furthermore, it was also in Tomorrowland right? I'm actually ok with Marvel stuff being in "future" lands (Tomorrowland, Future World).

I'm not super knowledgeable about the California Parks. Where was that meet and greet with Captain American and Thor? Wasn't it in a building that had different Iron Man Suits? Furthermore, it was also in Tomorrowland right? I'm actually ok with Marvel stuff being in "future" lands (Tomorrowland, Future World).

We were just at DLR this past spring and we totally missed that area/building. I kept mentioning it to my partner because I knew it was there but it was not obviously apparent to me from walking around, and we never made the point to ask a CM and actually go see it. I still don't know if it is at DL or DCA. I remember going into a Star Wars exhibit space in DL, but we never found the superhero one. We saw Capt. America and maybe Spiderman as well outside at DCA.

News

I don't know about you but this is one of my favorite times of the year.

25 days of Christmas on Freeform

https://www.25daysofchristmastv.com/schedule
That is a close second to my Hallmark movies during this time of year (or really any time of year lol)...yeah I'm that kind of a sappy person :flower1:

*Thanks for posting the link now I don't have to go searching for it*

I was in the the Innovations building (which is the old Carousel of Progress building) in Tomorrowland. Downstairs was Star Wars Launch Bay, upstairs was Marvel HQ. I believe they pulled the Marvel stuff out of there and moved it over to DCA, but don't quote me on that 2nd part.

I remember going into a Star Wars exhibit space in DL, but we never found the superhero one. We saw Capt. America and maybe Spiderman as well outside at DCA.

Now that I see this post I think that confirms what I said above - they moved the characters over to DCA and closed the space.

totally agree...the folks I know who are going for the first time very seldom accept my offer to help them plan...I always wince when they say things like "well, we want to be flexible" and "no, I don't think we want to reserve our meals in advance cause we don't know what we will be doing..."

OY...I can only smile and tell them that if they change their minds, I'd love to help.

I think the planning is almost as much fun as going - and it never fails that no matter how much I plan before the trip, we ALWAYS end up changing things around once we get there.

Ironically I just had a team member send me a message that he is going to Walt Disney World tomorrow and wondered if I had any tips ... um, yeah, come talk to me 6 months ago, that's my tip ;)

(Fortunately he seems set with a lot, has fastpasses set up, etc. - though no ADRs so I am going to give him some thoughts on places to eat he can still probably get into)

Rumor

PTN will then also debut back at Disneyland in the summer after its refurbishment.

PTN is not coming to WDW.

I hadn't heard about a refurbishment, but allears.net reports:
"-- Some dates for the return of the Paint the Night parade during this year's holiday season have been announced. The parade will run November 18-27 and December 2-4. The Disneyland calendar does not currently extend beyond those dates, but it's expected the parade will run December 9-11 and December 16-January 2."

Sorry if that has already been posted, but i didn't see it here. I love this parade so much that I may plan a trip to DL this holiday season.

PTN cannot be performed at WDW because the Liberty Square bridge is too narrow for some of the floats.

I hadn't heard about a refurbishment, but allears.net reports:
"-- Some dates for the return of the Paint the Night parade during this year's holiday season have been announced. The parade will run November 18-27 and December 2-4. The Disneyland calendar does not currently extend beyond those dates, but it's expected the parade will run December 9-11 and December 16-January 2."

Sorry if that has already been posted, but i didn't see it here. I love this parade so much that I may plan a trip to DL this holiday season.

PTN cannot be performed at WDW because the Liberty Square bridge is too narrow for some of the floats.
Yes PTN will be performed this winter in Disneyland but will go done for refurbishment in January with a Summer 2017 return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter