• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

I have a FP for FoP for the afternoon of the 31st but I am hoping the lines aren't too, too crazy during those extra hours that I can ride it standby as well to see the queue, etc. - but I guess we shall see
Saturday they were checking FPP on your phone in a separate area to let you in to pandora with out waiting.

Last edited:
That's symptomatic of a bigger problem then...

The variable here is that it's in Animal Kingdom...I'm still not sure you get the foot traffic necessary to sustain this for too long.

Remember when they opened mine train that a fair guess is most 7 day travelers went to magic kingdom 3 times on average...that has never been the case at DAK.

If the attractions are good (which I honestly haven't seen anything about...with limited research), then the waits will be driven for I'd say 6 months or so to the end of the year...if not, it will be spotty.

Not that this reply really fits this post, but I'm behind--- I wouldn't want to go on FOP for the first time without at least an hour to absorb the cue. Also, in retrospect, I wish I had ridden River prior to Flight-- seems to build the story better-- and after flight, nothing has much of a wow.... The river journey would have been much better used as a lead in.....

No it isn't. In the day you can actually see the ground glowing if you look closely when in the shade or shadow...

I was thinking the same thing. Paint would fade *way* too quickly to be useful. Not to mention every time a person stepped in front of a black light it would cause that entire area to stop glowing as their shadow passed over it. Not exactly "natural bio-luminescence" at that point, and far below the standards they are trying to set for this land.

What were the crowd level's of the other parks on opening day for Pandora?
We went to epcot-- it was normal I guess-- Got day of fpp for the secondary rides, the big three were not available till late or not at all.... we didn't get there early though. crowds through WS were low.

News

James Cameron Isn’t Worried About The Gap Between ‘Avatar’ and ‘Avatar 2’

The meat of the "story" is within Cameron's quote:

James Cameron said:
Well it didn’t hurt Avatar, that there was no Avatar before Avatar. So I kind of rest my case. But it was a seven year gap between The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day, seven year gap between Alien and Aliens. It’s gonna be obviously more like a ten year gap between Avatar and Avatar 2. But Avatar 2 you are going to with not the promise, but the certainty of three more films beyond that, and that’s a very different concept with the audience. And a lot of the delay has been around creating that overall vision. And by the way, this land will help bridge that gap in the public conscience. People will come here, and say, man I need some Avatar.

Rumor

New Frozen themed dessert party at Epcot. It will replace the existing dessert party for Illuminations and guests will get a private ride on FEA.
Why would they take away even more standby "spots" from such a popular, low capacity ride??
I know the answer....

Ya, well - let's see how well the second movie does without the "wow" factor of 3D behind it. Avatar came at the beginning of that giant 3D film resurgence and was one of the few at the time that was actually filmed in 3D and not simply post processed (which gives more of a shadow box feel).

The fad was huge, but short lived. In the time since the first Avatar movie, not only have 3D film releases largely subsided, but even home 3D TV's have come and gone.

When Avatar first came out I often heard it described as dances with wolves as portrayed by smurfs. As harsh as that may sound, it does illustrate how derivative the movie was. So while it wasn't necessarily a bad film, it really didn't bring anything new to the table other than a great use of 3d tech. With the "wow" of Pandora out of the way now, Cameron is forced to rely on the alien's themselves to carry the story line.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the movie is going to fail for sure. But I do think it has a huge uphill battle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter