• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

Especially since Pop Century is a resort that sort of screams at you. Not sure why they thought understatement would work here.

I think it looks like a hospital room.

they seem to be moving towards the vinyl flooring (which I get for cleaning and durability) but you'd think this would be an opportunity to have fun with it - especially in like the 50s section they could have like old 50s style vinyl flooring and stuff

I am glad there are a lot more outlets and stuff though - the rooms were definitely in need of a rehab ... but for a "retro" styled resort I think they went a bit too modern (again, except for the headboards which I really like)

they seem to be moving towards the vinyl flooring (which I get for cleaning and durability) but you'd think this would be an opportunity to have fun with it - especially in like the 50s section they could have like old 50s style vinyl flooring and stuff

I am glad there are a lot more outlets and stuff though - the rooms were definitely in need of a rehab ... but for a "retro" styled resort I think they went a bit too modern (again, except for the headboards which I really like)

Speaking of retro style, they really could have taken this opportunity to compete with Cabana Bay.

But if we wanna talk retro Cabana Bay is the clear winner. Like, not even in the same ballpark.

:tigger:Hey, all you folks waiting on the AP rates for September 1 - end of October. They are out.:tigger: You have to call though because the web site is not updating. I was on a chat with one of the CM's on WDW site and they said they came out this morning and to call. I called and booked. Not a lot of rooms or properties so hurry and call already pirate: ARGHHHHH

Hopefully I can speak with someone like him later this afternoon! I will keep trying, the reservations line is open for another 8 hours :)

Just got off the phone with a CM that had no idea what I was talking about. :confused3 :worried: She said no rates have been released yet. I know that something has changed because I booked a standard at one of the values using the "Enchanted" discount rate a few days ago and have checked it every day since then but this morning the standard wasn't available, just the preferred and the rate had gone way up. Any chance you know the "Cast Member's 8 digit extension" that you talked to? I have two trips in two months (September and October) and want to get them squared away. :)

ETA: Spoke to someone via Chat and she said that she can see the rates on her end listed under the "Passholder Enchanted Escape Offer" but the two places she directed me to look for them I couldn't see them. She said the dates are good through 10/7/17.

Last edited:
News

Disney is filing a suit over property appraisals for WDW. SeaWorld and Universal are raising similar arguments.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...n2017-how-much-is-the-magic-kingdom-worth.htm
I don't know why I find this funny but I do. Maybe because every year my County does property tax evaluations our social networking site gets filled up with people gripping (sometimes for valid reasons) about how much their property went up in value which equals more property tax amount they have to pay. I guess it reminds me that WDW, Universal and SeaWorld can still very much have real world problems like the rest of us.

Just got off the phone with a CM that had no idea what I was talking about. :confused3 :worried: She said no rates have been released yet. I know that something has changed because I booked a standard at one of the values using the "Enchanted" discount rate a few days ago and have checked it every day since then but this morning the standard wasn't available, just the preferred and the rate had gone way up. Any chance you know the "Cast Member's 8 digit extension" that you talked to? I have two trips in two months (September and October) and want to get them squared away. :)

ETA: Spoke to someone via Chat and she said that she can see the rates on her end listed under the "Passholder Enchanted Escape Offer" but the two places she directed me to look for them I couldn't see them. She said the dates are good through 10/7/17.
I finally spoke with one later this afternoon who also told me the date was 10/7/17. My date is 10/21/17, so I guess I have to wait for the NEXT release that will probably be in August :(

Sorry, I didn't get the eight digit number or even his name, but I did get the rate. It even says it on my MDE.

upload_2017-6-14_20-1-43.png

Seems pretty consistent with the "de-themeing" of the rooms that seems to be going on. DVC refurbs all seem to be removing theme from the rooms at BC, Boardwalk, and the new Copper Creek rooms are very bland too.

I do like the idea of the second bed being a murphy bed. Those rooms are so small, it's nice to have the option of having the 2nd bed "up" during the day.

I like the concept and I really like the headboards on both the regular bed and the murphy bed when folded down - but I agree the Disney and themeing could be turned up a bit more in the rest of the room

Seems pretty consistent with the "de-themeing" of the rooms that seems to be going on. DVC refurbs all seem to be removing theme from the rooms at BC, Boardwalk, and the new Copper Creek rooms are very bland too.

I do like the idea of the second bed being a murphy bed. Those rooms are so small, it's nice to have the option of having the 2nd bed "up" during the day.

I do wish the new rooms had more Disney touches, but to be honest I don't think the old rooms were theme'd that much either (speaking specifically about the Pop Century rooms because I can't speak to the DVC rooms that @skier_pete was talking about).

I mean, look at this picture. The only "Disney" things in it are the characters on the runner and the shadow box on the wall.

It wasn't like the 60's building had a replica Frigid-Air mini-fridge.

Would have been nice if they theme'd each room to look like the decade of the building.

2241284-Disneys-Pop-Century-Resort-Guest-Room-3-RTS.jpg

I do wish the new rooms had more Disney touches, but to be honest I don't think the old rooms were theme'd that much either (speaking specifically about the Pop Century rooms because I can't speak to the DVC rooms that @skier_pete was talking about).

I mean, look at this picture. The only "Disney" things in it are the characters on the runner and the shadow box on the wall.

Would have been nice if they theme'd each room to look like the decade of the building.

That's fair, though the rugs have a bit of a "hidden Mickey" look to them.

I know it was just the one thing but the shadow box with things from the decade helped a lot with the theming I think. But you are right, it's not like these were over the top art of animation style rooms to begin with

You're right. There isn't much theming in these rooms either, but they don't feel as sterile as the new rooms. I think what bothers me about the new rooms is lack of theming AND lack of color. The blue accent wall helps in the old room. I would like the new rooms MUCH better if they had an accent wall or the whole room was painted something other than white/beige. The bed runners in the test room were great also. I wish they were kept. It's ridiculous that people actually steal things like that. Couldn't Disney have charged the credit on file if they went missing, instead of getting rid of them?

Last edited:
You're right. There isn't much theming in these rooms either, but they don't feel as sterile as the new rooms. I think what bothers me about the new rooms is lack of theming AND lack of color. The blue accent wall helps in the old room. I would like the new rooms MUCH better if they had an accent wall or the whole room was painted something other than white/beige. The bed runners in the test room were great also. I wish they were kept. It's ridiculous that people actually steal things like that. Couldn't Disney have charged the credit on file if they went missing, instead of getting rid of them?

That makes sense. After I posted I did realize how white the new rooms looks. Like you said, too sterile with no color to really break it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter