• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

Like you said, obviously great for him but a bit blow to Aladdin I think - he really made that role his own (which is not easy to do). Definitely need to give the new person a shot but he really made the entire performance for me when we saw it
I really wish I would've got to see Aladdin on Broadway in person.

This is a great idea - especially if you can pick up these things starting at 8 AM. Some are really terrible though...Donut Sundae for breakfast? You'd think Disney would want to keep their customers alive as long as possible...

However, I doubt we ever take advantage of them. While I have gotten significantly less commando over the years, we I think will continue to breakfast in our rooms to save many and allow those first few hours for park touring.

This is a great idea - especially if you can pick up these things starting at 8 AM. Some are really terrible though...Donut Sundae for breakfast? You'd think Disney would want to keep their customers alive as long as possible...

However, I doubt we ever take advantage of them. While I have gotten significantly less commando over the years, we I think will continue to breakfast in our rooms to save many and allow those first few hours for park touring.
I agree...even though I don't usually do a whole breakfast - more like a toasted bagel and fruit - we want to hit the parks at rope drop and do all we can before escaping the building crowds. I just don't think I could handle the carb/fat load of those breakfast options...

Re: Aladdin on Broadway - I'm glad that it's doing so well, but I'm sorry that any film adaptation of this (and Lion King) would be well beyond including the original cast.
Part of me wishes they'd film original cast productions for later home video - to be released after the show closes.

Re: Aladdin on Broadway - I'm glad that it's doing so well, but I'm sorry that any film adaptation of this (and Lion King) would be well beyond including the original cast.
Part of me wishes they'd film original cast productions for later home video - to be released after the show closes.
I'd love for Disney to sell DVD or blu-ray of Disney broadway shows. Obviously it's not the same as seeing the show in person but I'd never be able to see all of the shows I want to.

well, Rent premiered on Broadway in 1996 and the movie didn't come out until 2005 and had largely the original cast (including Elsa/Idina Menzel) so I think they could still do Aladdin

well, Rent premiered on Broadway in 1996 and the movie didn't come out until 2005 and had largely the original cast (including Elsa/Idina Menzel) so I think they could still do Aladdin

Rent is largely the exception to the modern rule. Most film adaptations have eschewed the broadway cast, generally citing either age or how famous the cast member is or is not.
Dreamgirls, Phantom, Les Miserables, Into the Woods, Chicago, Hairspray, Mamma Mia - these have all had new casts for film. Even stage productions like Proof have been recast due to "age" even though the time between stage and screen was 5 years.

Lion King has already been running for 20 years, and there is no reason to believe Aladdin won't have a substantial run.

I'd have loved an adaptation of AIDA, but even while Heather Headley was still on broadway, the rumors circulated about having Beyonce play the role in film.

Rent is largely the exception to the modern rule. Most film adaptations have eschewed the broadway cast, generally citing either age or how famous the cast member is or is not.
Dreamgirls, Phantom, Les Miserables, Into the Woods, Chicago, Hairspray, Mamma Mia - these have all had new casts for film. Even stage productions like Proof have been recast due to "age" even though the time between stage and screen was 5 years.

Lion King has already been running for 20 years, and there is no reason to believe Aladdin won't have a substantial run.

I'd have loved an adaptation of AIDA, but even while Heather Headley was still on broadway, the rumors circulated about having Beyonce play the role in film.

Fair enough - just think it can be done. Made sense for Rent since the cast became iconic ... and I see James Monroe Inglehart as fairly iconic for that role so even if they did it in 5 years or something I could see them wanting him for the role

Fair enough - just think it can be done. Made sense for Rent since the cast became iconic ... and I see James Monroe Inglehart as fairly iconic for that role so even if they did it in 5 years or something I could see them wanting him for the role

Can and even should. I just don't know about will.
Of course we also don't know if they'll ever adapt these shows.
When they did the BatB live action adaptation they (wisely) eschewed the broadway rendition.

Can and even should. I just don't know about will.
Of course we also don't know if they'll ever adapt these shows.
When they did the BatB live action adaptation they (wisely) eschewed the broadway rendition.

It would be cool though, as I think someone brought up here already, even if they don't do full on movie treatments they just film the show inside the theater and make that available

It would be cool though, as I think someone brought up here already, even if they don't do full on movie treatments they just film the show inside the theater and make that available

If there were a specialty company that filmed and preserved broadway shows to blu-ray (or 4K) I'd subscribe and buy a number of their releases.
Even if it meant that I might not get my favorite show until it had been dark for a set number of years.

We still have all of ours. Probably 60-75 if not more Disney VHS tapes.

I have most of the tapes, most of the DVDs, now most of blu-ray and blu-ray 3D. I may be a bit less crazy about upgrading to 4K, but I have no doubt there are a few I'm ready to buy yet again.

News

Disney VHS tape note books for sale at the Emporium

https://twitter.com/attractions/status/821445156570361857

Oh how I wish I'd sold all my Disney VHS when people were going nuts for them on ebay.

This is a cute piece of nostalgia.

We still have all of ours. Probably 60-75 if not more Disney VHS tapes.

Love these! We still have a bunch of old Disney VHS as well - even some of the ones that aren't cartoons (Swiss Family Robinson, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, etc.)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter