News Round Up 2017

I am just wondering about the new online check in available on the app now...

I've never really been upgraded in regards to a hotel room but I've heard of a lot of people on here who have. I guess if you check in online your possibility to get upgraded is about 0?

I've never really been upgraded in regards to a hotel room but I've heard of a lot of people on here who have. I guess if you check in online your possibility to get upgraded is about 0?
Probably.

Maybe not zero, but slimmer? We checked in online in December, booked for a standard at All Star Music, which would have been Broadway, Country, or Rock sections, but we got put in a preferred in the Jazz section. We didn't request it and nobody contacted us about it, but that's where our room assignment text sent us.

I have never been upgraded, checking in regular or checking in on-line - I would say your odds of either are slim. I personally do the on-line check-in, but then when we arrive at the resort if we are early in the day we go to the desk anyways and talk directly to the CM there about room location - of course I am mostly not interested in much besides getting a room reasonably close to the main entrance because I have some foot issues that often hobble me at WDW, and the less walking at the resort the better. We are also DVC - and the likelyhood of an upgrade for DVC is pretty dang low at the best of times.

That said I like on-line check-in in that we never have to go to the desk, we can drop our crap from the plane with bell services, head out to the park, and wait for a text to tell me the room is ready, and then head right for the room. Two trips ago, we actually wore our swim suits ON THE PLANE to Florida, and went right to the water park, coming back directly to our room at Beach Club.

The upgrade of on-line check-in to MDE is pretty insignificant though - you can already do it 60 days in advance on the computer, now you can do it on the mobile app. I don't have a difficulty finding the time to do it on a computer, but I suppose some people prefer using the APP.

So with everyone checking in online that gives me a better chance for an upgrade!! Polynesian from all star movies here I come!!

Hey, it's Disney, I can dream.
Checking into CBR in Feb of 2016 we were placed in a Pirate room (we had booked a standard room). The cast member tried to tell us what an awesome upgrade that was and how lucky we were. I politely declined the room stating we wanted a standard room, closer to the main area, with Queen beds (most important factor - if I wanted to share a double we'd have booked AllStars and saved a boatload of money).

After a long wait (at least 20 minutes), multiple phone calls, etc., we were upgraded to the Grand Floridian (they had no 2 Queen Rooms available for us at CBR). It was a dream come true, awesome awesome trip and memories! Had we not gone to the desk to check-in and just taken our room assignment, gone to the park and come back later I wonder what would've happened. Since that time I always build in the time on our agenda to at least go to the desk, check-in and see where our room is just in case we'd get some Pixie Dust again.

Just a little side tracked on the new SW land...

I ended up kind of yelling (not really, but yeah) at an imagineer at the pavilion over the weekend. The guy giving the speech said that the Falcon is owned by some crappy other trader. Now, I don't know if the timeline is supposed to be before Force Awakens...but I mean, it can't really right because the Falcon was probably on Jakku most of that time.

Chewie would never get rid of the Falcon, so I have no idea what it is doing there. That detail really bothered me (remember, unreasonably big sw fan here).

I believe that Pablo has already said that Star Wars Land is not a part of canon...so you can just enjoy the experience rather than just worry about where exactly it fits.

That being said the only period of time the explanation would make sense is some time just before Unkar stole it between 28ABY (after Bloodline as the First Order was not yet public as it will be in the park) and 32ABY (per Rey's comment in TFA -34ABY "this ship hasn't flown in years").

Who knows...maybe this ride you do a run for Unkar and your "actions" result is the reason it can no longer fly...though that sounds both cool and horrible. You could then be a part of the movie story while at the same time be the jerk who broke the Falcon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter