News Round Up 2017

I've never once almost gotten into a brawl - WDW or otherwise:) #lifegoals That was a crazy, scary story though.

ETA: I don't know if this is the place to ask - but what happens to people that do that kind of thing?
We've happily never gotten into anything nutty... in WDW anyway... ;) But there have been some people who seemed like they were looking for a problem.

In all seriousness: the hub before and after fireworks was IN-SANE this trip. People sitting down, blocking paths, swearing at people trying to make their way through, CMs somehow failing to keep a path clear... yelling for people to "please stand up for safety reasons" and being ignored... It crossed the line into really feeling unsafe. First time ever, but was equally true on two nights at least during this trip.

Now I picture the above insanity with cups of booze sitting around and people who have been drinking all day, maybe without food... NO THANKS. :)

Yea probably right.

Although we met friends at US and the Dad was just impatient and irritated the whole time. Got him a beer-best idea ever. We still talk about it.
Yup. True for some, for sure!

Having a Dad who was a cop for 28yrs, I feel pretty confident saying that behavior of crazy-large crowds in 90+ degree heat is not generally improved by booze! :)

Yup. True for some, for sure!

Having a Dad who was a cop for 28yrs, I feel pretty confident saying that behavior of crazy-large crowds in 90+ degree heat is not generally improved by booze! :)

Generally yes, then again 3 of the 4 parks (and all resorts) have it wall to wall already.

I could sit/hang in the hub 6 hours straight XMAS week nights. An awesome experience. Would be even better with a beer but oh well.
Not the folks I saw last week! Screaming, swearing at people... ignoring CMs... was really awful.

As I mention as often as possible, with the crowding and strollers, and general chaos at MK, more than the other parks, its the place I'd most enjoy a drink, even if its box of wine.

I am only teasing but you could bring one of those hiker backpacks that has the water pouch in it and probably pour a box of wine in. *giggle* I feel ya, once the walkway fills up with people, it gets soooo frustrating!

I am only teasing but you could bring one of those hiker backpacks that has the water pouch in it and probably pour a box of wine in. *giggle* I feel ya, once the walkway fills up with people, it gets soooo frustrating!

I'm sure it's been done. Plus I am sure there have been people who hope over to Trader Sam's for a few and then back to MK while still, um, feeling it

And @TheMaxRebo

Nobody knows what's in your Starbucks cup first thing - could be Irish coffee. Water/coke bottles? Who knows!?

I'm not suggesting any of those, but it certainly is possible.

I HAVE left MK for lunch for the last 15 years because the food is trash, and Epcot is a nice cool monorail ride away with drinks and quality eateries. I have no issue bringing booze into the MK if its already in my stomach:) And will often go from the Epcot resort area, walk over with a drink and stop at the UK for a couple otw to MK. I'm an adult, I'm not driving, I'm on vacation and yet I can still retain more manners than most.

Which gets me back to thinking that the MK will start offering beer/wine at CS and I posit that the revised dining plan is going to be the foundation for the rationale. I honestly don't think they'll be adding a full bar to Gaston's, but adding a few options. I would like a glass of wine at the MK fireworks, and I think, based on the other parks, it could be done perfectly civilly. Fantastic! is a terrible cluster on leaving and people could have been drinking all day. People could drink all day and go to MK for the fireworks, I just think, outside of F&W on the occasional weekend, its rare to see people looking to get hammered, or getting hammered on accident. I do think there's a healthy desire for a beer in the heat of the afternoon for a good number of people.

DIS needs more revenue - top and bottom line - from the parks, beer and wine in MK is very low hanging fruit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter