News Round Up 2017

I think that’s part of the cost too. The $50 per night is going towards cleaning costs.

Rooms aren't cleaned floor to ceiling...to introduce allergens for $50 isn't a good idea.

And...the operational element is more than I think disney hotel staff is trained or committed to manage.

I might be wrong...but I'd bet on it.

I think this will be a short experiment.

Room assignors typically aren't the engineers people think they are...

And high occupancy would complicate it further...

Say they put 20...or even 100 rooms aside for your ADA "anxiety" dog...

Well...at 90-100% annual occupancy, there'll be a "too much/too little" problem on practically every day.

And what about allergies? Many are allergic to dander...that's too big a risk if you ask me.

I get pet friendly motels...I'm even Infavor of them building one...but this is a bad idea for a quick buck.

I am a little surprised they went right to 4 locations - perhaps either a new hotel or one resort being converted to dog friendly would work better

but guess we shall see

Rooms aren't cleaned floor to ceiling...to introduce allergens for $50 isn't a good idea.

And...the operational element is more than I think disney hotel staff is trained or committed to manage.

I might be wrong...but I'd bet on it.

I think this will be a short experiment.
I disagree. It gives people options. Some people travel with their pets. I don’t believe every single hotel should allow them but having options is good.

The mentality is "they're part of the family"

Dogs have a tremendous emotional value...no doubt...but they aren't humans.

They will never drive, serve in the military, pay taxes or vote. I'm sure I'm right about what they are.

And they are prone to doing things without understanding, namely destroying property and urinating on any surface without hesitation...

This is just biology. Bad idea.

so are kids, but they are allowed ;)

It’s probably dog people vs. not dog people. I don’t currently have a dog but have in the past. I don’t think this is a bad idea. Do I feel the need to bring my dog on vacation? No.

yeah, it is a lot of people saying this sounds better to them than paying for boarding the dogs while gone whereas other people are thinking of everything that can go wrong (the smell, the noise, etc.)

I don’t see that ever happening. If it’s such a bad idea why does Loews do it? They are a hotel company after all.

You don't see that happening - correct - but I already pointed out why it's bound to fail operationally.

Loews is a Hotel operator...disney is not of the same ilk. You nailed that one.

You don't see that happening - correct - but I already pointed out why it's bound to fail operationally.

Loews is a Hotel operator...disney is not of the same ilk. You nailed that one.
Disney has been operating WDW hotels for 45+ years now. I think it’s gone okay. Sure there could be issues and it’s only a test but I don’t see why it’s such an issue. It’s not every resort and it’s an added cost.

funny following this on Facebook as it appears people are split between this being the best idea ever and the worst idea ever

My wife has a phobia of dogs. Having dogs at the hotel would actually ruin her vacation. Dogs don't bother me, but living with someone who really fears them shows how inconsiderate/entitled many dogs owners are - and I can only imagine it is worse on vacation.

I won't even tell her about this - since it's just a pilot and none of the resorts chosen will affect us. I actually don't have a problem with the idea at Fort Wilderness as it's a campground, but the rest I don't agree with. However, I suppose as long as they limit the resorts it could be OK.

Edit: And if someone can bring their dogs, I should be able to bring cats. (See where this goes?)

My wife has a phobia of dogs. Having dogs at the hotel would actually ruin her vacation. Dogs don't bother me, but living with someone who really fears them shows how inconsiderate/entitled many dogs owners are - and I can only imagine it is worse on vacation.

I won't even tell her about this - since it's just a pilot and none of the resorts chosen will affect us. I actually don't have a problem with the idea at Fort Wilderness as it's a campground, but the rest I don't agree with. However, I suppose as long as they limit the resorts it could be OK.

Edit: And if someone can bring their dogs, I should be able to bring cats. (See where this goes?)

and I think how they limit within the resorts will impact things as well. I mean, I am sure for some people (perhaps like your wife) it doesn't matter but for others I think there is a difference if they are really confined to one area so that if you aren't there you wont' notice them or are they going to be spread around and allowed in the lobby, etc.?

Disney has been operating WDW hotels for 45+ years now. I think it’s gone okay. Sure there could be issues and it’s only a test but I don’t see why it’s such an issue. It’s not every resort and it’s an added cost.

When did they decide to limit/lessen the amount of overhead that is accetible to fund the logistics of running hotels?

It's a lot longer ago than you might think...

I would be willing to bet that the majority of people thinking this is a poor idea has stayed at a pet friendly hotel without even knowing it... Loews, La Quinta, Red Roof, Best Western, just to name a few...

I'm not saying everywhere needs to be pet friendly but it is nice to have options. Mine needs medication every 12 hours and that limits the boarding options and is very expensive. My others I don't mind boarding at all but seeing as one screw up with her medication could be fatal, I would rather keep that responsibility to myself.

I disagree. It gives people options. Some people travel with their pets. I don’t believe every single hotel should allow them but having options is good.

Agreed. More options the better.

I have a phobia of most people..mainly to the near standard ill Formed opinions - but there's a difference between my phobia and your wife's

Hers is legitimate...mine I have to deal with.

Look: I'm not anti pet...but to haphazardly "test" in hotels without letting the pet friendly classification of the hotel well known is wreckless and indicative of their "JV" management on decisions.

If I book a Marriott, Hyatt, holiday, etc...the info that it is pet acceptable is readily available at booking. I can seek it AND avoid it.

This isn't really much of an opinion debate. Everybody has an opinion...and other things.

This is a business analysis and it fails the grade...maybe C at best.

I would be willing to bet that the majority of people thinking this is a poor idea has stayed at a pet friendly hotel without even knowing it... Loews, La Quinta, Red Roof, Best Western, just to name a few...

I'm not saying everywhere needs to be pet friendly but it is nice to have options. Mine needs medication every 12 hours and that limits the boarding options and is very expensive. My others I don't mind boarding at all but seeing as one screw up with her medication could be fatal, I would rather keep that responsibility to myself.

Choices in life are always tough...I had to go on medication for the rest of my life at 11. It's a burden, for sure...but ultimately mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter