News Round Up 2017

I hate to say it, but it's definitely still significantly further ahead than FL. I was hoping for some catch up, but it's looking less and less likely.

Certain parts of the project are further along others far behind. Hard to truly gage.

So, I'm sure this isn't going to happen, but does anyone think Disney could relocate Star Tours and make it an "optional entrance" into the land with this announcement? I think that would be pretty awesome if they did that. :D

I just don’t see how they could do that with how everything is being built.

Maybe they could update Star Tours to be that it is like a preview center for the new land - and make the outside look like a retro preview building that hardens back to the preview center they had for the Florida Project before WDW construction was done

So it isn't complete unrelated to the new land but set up to go be you a sneak peak aat the type of adventures you can have on Batuu

Maybe they could update Star Tours to be that it is like a preview center for the new land - and make the outside look like a retro preview building that hardens back to the preview center they had for the Florida Project before WDW construction was done

So it isn't complete unrelated to the new land but set up to go be you a sneak peak aat the type of adventures you can have on Batuu

I've always thought that it wouldn't be THAT hard for them to make an exit tunnel for the Star Tours ride that goes around muppetville/grand avenue and drops you directly into Galaxy's Edge. It wouldn't necessarily be the primary entrance to SWE, but it would be an option. In the end though, I suspect they will need to have controlled entry into SWE. I still very much expect for the first 1-2 years they will be restricting entry into the land rather than allowing 5 hour lines to build up for the rides, it will be a 5-hour line to enter that portion of the park, or more specifically some sort of "return to land" system where you reserve you entry to Galaxy's Edge when you enter the park in the morning.

However they handle it, it's going to be a special case, because the crowds will be unlike anything they've handled before.

I've always thought that it wouldn't be THAT hard for them to make an exit tunnel for the Star Tours ride that goes around muppetville/grand avenue and drops you directly into Galaxy's Edge. It wouldn't necessarily be the primary entrance to SWE, but it would be an option. In the end though, I suspect they will need to have controlled entry into SWE. I still very much expect for the first 1-2 years they will be restricting entry into the land rather than allowing 5 hour lines to build up for the rides, it will be a 5-hour line to enter that portion of the park, or more specifically some sort of "return to land" system where you reserve you entry to Galaxy's Edge when you enter the park in the morning.

However they handle it, it's going to be a special case, because the crowds will be unlike anything they've handled before.

Fully agree - and I am sure it is no coincidence they just opened a new bar right by the main entrance to the new land - to keep yourself occupied (and spend some money) while you wait to get in

News

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge details. Confirming a lot of what has been said ;)

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...galaxys-edge-at-disneyland-show-more-details/

This actually does contain some info at least I didn't know. The biggest thing is the ride capacity of the falcon ride. The illustration shows four turntable rooms with 7 pods each. We already new that each falcon pod would seat six. That gives us 42 riders per turntable and 168 total at any moment. Assuming a turn time of about 6.5-7.minutes (approx 4 minute ride and 2.5-3 unload/load) that gives us an hourly ride capacity of approx 1500. This is pretty similar to FOP and SDMT as well as other thrill rides.

Also the confirmation of an expected 18 scenes for the battle ride means this will be a significantly long ride. I would say between 9 and 15 minutes. much better than a ride such as NRJ and most likely even longer than Shanghai's pirate attraction.

This actually does contain some info at least I didn't know. The biggest thing is the ride capacity of the falcon ride. The illustration shows four turntable rooms with 7 pods each. We already new that each falcon pod would seat six. That gives us 42 riders per turntable and 168 total at any moment. Assuming a turn time of about 6.5-7.minutes (approx 4 minute ride and 2.5-3 unload/load) that gives us an hourly ride capacity of approx 1500. This is pretty similar to FOP and SDMT as well as other thrill rides.

Also the confirmation of an expected 18 scenes for the battle ride means this will be a significantly long ride. I would say between 9 and 15 minutes. much better than a ride such as NRJ and most likely even longer than Shanghai's pirate attraction.
FoP is less than 1500 but yes. For a land like this that capacity should be much higher though.

The battle ride isn’t a boat ride so I wouldn’t necessarily compare it to that. Better to compare other trackless rides like maybe Pooh’s Hunny Hunt in Tokyo or Ratatouille. The battle attraction will be much more advanced than those thought

FoP is less than 1500 but yes. For a land like this that capacity should be much higher though.

The battle ride isn’t a boat ride so I wouldn’t necessarily compare it to that. Better to compare other trackless rides like maybe Pooh’s Hunny Hunt in Tokyo or Ratatouille. The battle attraction will be much more advanced than those thought

I agree. I would have liked to see 6 turntables here pushing the capacity to the mid 2000s.

I can't find capacity info on any of the trackless rides in other parks but some quick calculations yield this info.
Lets assume 18 scenes is correct and we add a load/unload making 19 locations.
If we also assume four vehicle sets per scene (which is what mystic manor uses).
We know that there are 8 seats per vehicle.
That means that there can be 608 guest riding at any give moment.
If we assume a 10 minute ride that means 6 trips per hour.

This yields an hourly ride capacity of over 3600.
If they use five vehicles per scene then we push the capacity up over 4500.

If the ride is 12 minutes and they use five cars per scene then the capacity would be 3800.

In any case, if done correctly, this ride may be a people eater unrivaled by any other WDW ride. Which is exactly what this land needs.

I hate to say it, but it's definitely still significantly further ahead than FL. I was hoping for some catch up, but it's looking less and less likely.

I think they’ll catch up once Toy Story land isn’t open and the the construction workers can move over

I was just going to post that! I feel they could make an enclosed tunnel backstage leading from Star Tours to the new land.

News

Disney has stopped the sale of Southern California annual passes

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/2...inue-southern-california-annual-pass-for-now/

I was pretty shocked they brought those back in the first place.

I was just going to post that! I feel they could make an enclosed tunnel backstage leading from Star Tours to the new land.

I was pretty shocked they brought those back in the first place.
Wow I’m just shocked their lowest annual pass is that cheap! So envious of people who live close enough to either park or go enough to justify AP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter