News Round Up 2017

Either that or things are going to get even more contentious between the two sides. Obviously a small thing but they are just starting a Marvel superhero character meal at Universal
At this meet & greet, I assume the characters will be dressed like the comic book versions - not the movie versions. I wonder if any of the younger visitors will think they look weird because they're used to the appearance of the movie versions.

NEWS

Deal apparently done - Disney gets FOX assets for $52bn

Iger to stay on until end of 2021

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42353545
There's one movie I find interesting about this deal...That movie is Avatar. Mostly because Disney might have built this land based around that movie.

Interesting that Iger is staying, but to me, it makes sense. In many ways, I couldn't see Bob Iger leaving before all of the big "theme park" attractions open up anyways.

There's one movie I find interesting about this deal...That movie is Avatar. Mostly because Disney might have built this land based around that movie.

Interesting that Iger is staying, but to me, it makes sense. In many ways, I couldn't see Bob Iger leaving before all of the big "theme park" attractions open up anyways.

Cameron still owns the rights to the Avatar IP so this really just gives them the distribution for the new movies - but does bring things a little closer together

FYI we saw Coco over the weekend with some fellow DISers. My husband and I both said we were surprised by how much we liked it. We knew going in it was seen as a really good movie and boy was it.

I may have had to look up at the ceiling towards the end..you know to save myself from being a blubbering mess lol. The colors were so vivid and the animation really good (that water wow). That "Remember Me" song..what a great one for the movie. I can understand why some younger children may not get the movie the same as older children since it deals with death. But I do think even younger children can get that even when you have died you haven't really gone away from those who loved you.

Anyways we loved it :)

Anyone going to the premier showing of The Last Jedi tonight? Didn't want to post on the "spoiler" thread until after I see the film tonight.

My son has a cubscout meeting tonight so we aren't going until tomorrow night - trying to avoid any spoilers

Anyone going to the premier showing of The Last Jedi tonight? Didn't want to post on the "spoiler" thread until after I see the film tonight.
We're not seeing it until Christmas (at least that's the plan right now)...it's going to be tough to avoid all the talk about it moreso on FB. At least here we can have a spoiler thread or at least hope that people use the spoiler feature.

I'm seeing it at 10 p.m. CT. It's the first official IMAX showing at my theater other than the Opening Day Event. I'm saving $20 by staying off of social media for 4 hours.

We're not seeing it until Christmas (at least that's the plan right now)...it's going to be tough to avoid all the talk about it moreso on FB. At least here we can have a spoiler thread or at least hope that people use the spoiler feature.

That was a big reason I started the thread that clearly states "contains spoilers" so people wouldn't post anything here, even inadvertently, that spoils things for people - hopefully people keep the discussion there

That was a big reason I started the thread that clearly states "contains spoilers" so people wouldn't post anything here, even inadvertently, that spoils things for people - hopefully people keep the discussion there
And I really appreciate that :D

So I've got oh 11 days now to just ignore the rest of the world lol

Nah, my wife never liked Star Wars all that much to begin with. Didn't hate it, just didn't go nuts over it. I like Star Wars fine, but after being underwhelmed by Rogue One and The Force Awakens...it's now Redbox material for me. I'll watch it for $1.50 at home in April/May. Granted my wife and I only go to maybe 2-3 movies a year, less than the average person I'd guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter