News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear I wasn’t blaming any CM for not having the correct info. I’m aware Disney has a communications problem when it comes to disseminating correct info to everyone. Just like Disney has a pretty large IT problem. I don’t blame the tech support CMs. I didn’t mean for it to come off that way and if it did I apologize.

I didn’t take those posts as being critical of the individual CMs. By and large, I fully expect that they don’t always have the most up to date info for myriad reasons. That said, as you mentioned, some are certainly more on top of things than others — as with any job. :)

I didn't mean to the people I quoted feel I was criticizing them. Like I said, this is a major pet peeve of mine. Since I used to train those folks, I am fairly protective of them. So, sorry if I made anyone feel bad.

I have seen people on the Disney Resorts board say some mean things about the Reservations Sales Agents. This board seems to be inhabited by far more reasonable people. I think part of that is due to our Moderator. But, it's why I don't spend much time on that part of the forum.

Are we sure this is spring break time? I went into this trip expecting bad crowds and have been very surprised at how not crowded it’s been. All Star Sports seems more crowded than the parks.

Easter week starts next week, so I think you are just missing the high crowds. Wait until Saturday.

That's good! I would guess it also depends on just how many are out on spring break. Schools around me were all out last week. My alma mater is out this week (but from 2019 through at least 2022 it will be the week before)

Spring Break in Florida is a multi-week affair precisely because of what Mackenzie Click-Mickelson notes. Different areas will take different weeks off. For example:
  • Hillsborough County Public Schools (Tampa Area): March 12-16 (last week) - approximately 206,000 students
  • Orange County Public Schools (Orlando Area): March 19-23 (this week) - approximately 207,000 students
  • Palm Beach County Public Schools (Palm Beach Area): March 19-23 (this week) - approximately 193,000 students
  • Broward County Public Schools (Fort Lauderdale Area): March 26-30 (next week) - approximately 271,000 students
  • Miami-Dade County Public Schools (Miami Area): March 26-30 (next week) - approximately 370,000 students
(I know most people consider "Spring Break" to be college thing. But at Disney World, it's the public school calendars that drive most of the business.)

I think skier_pete is correct. This weekend will be the busiest at Disney World. You'll have Orange/Palm Beach County kids ending their vacation and Broward/Miami-Dade County kids start their break.

Side Note: I can't wait for Spring Break to end. I'm in Fort Lauderdale right by the beach. We get college kids here. Last weekend I watched a group of college-aged guys get kicked out of the mall food court because they were drunk. This was around 11:30am.

Ah, I didn't look at the picture, just read the description. Thanks.
I’ve been staring at these things all day, debating on if virtual runs really need to be a part of my life. I even tried to talk my husband and daughter into it using that particular medal :P

Lol!

It wasn’t bad by any means and I would go back. I got the Edison burger. I’d say 7-7.5 out of 10. I didn’t do appetizers or dessert. I paid $27 with tip and AP discount. Service was good except it did take a bit longer than I expected for my food.

Really? I had that burger twice so far and I consider it the best burger I have ever eaten, joined in this opinion by all who accompanied me...

Really? I had that burger twice so far and I consider it the best burger I have ever eaten, joined in this opinion by all who accompanied me...
It wasn’t bad by any means. I get some really good burgers back home. I also like one of the Boathouse burgers.

Successful first day. FoP three times, Everest twice, safari, gorilla falls trail, Satuli Canteen, Rivers of Light, Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, and now heading back to All-Star Sports. I did decline the housekeeping for the rest of my stay so I get a $30 gift card. They do have the H2O dispensers in the bathroom instead of small individual bottles.
That's new with the dispensers. We were there end of feb for princess weekend and had individual bottles at all star sports. We stayed back in the baseball area.

That's new with the dispensers. We were there end of feb for princess weekend and had individual bottles at all star sports. We stayed back in the baseball area.
They’ve been rolling them out I believe. I’m in the surfs Up section.

Did they redo the rooms all sports with bare floors? Just curious to get your take on noise levels if they changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter