News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not real versed in rollercoaster design. What would make this system so innovative? The only thing touched on in the article is the height of the cars over the track. I'm thinking a spacer isn't really new tech anywhere. Anyone have any idea from the pics or article?
They definitely are higher than normal vehicles. I wonder if the vehicles itself moves at all.

I'm not real versed in rollercoaster design. What would make this system so innovative? The only thing touched on in the article is the height of the cars over the track. I'm thinking a spacer isn't really new tech anywhere. Anyone have any idea from the pics or article?

Just looking at it, could it be possible that it could move around like Primeval Whirl?

They definitely are higher than normal vehicles. I wonder if the vehicles itself moves at all.

Certainly looks like the cars can spin and the article mentioned perhaps giving the rider some control on the spinning ....

... being able to control that aspect (by the user or the system ) would allow for focus on certain show element similar to how the omnimover system can focus the rider on certain show elements

Those ride vehicles look a lot like the Cobra's Curse vehicle at Busch Gardens Tampa.
cobras-curse-car-1.jpg

Maybe she can make George pay more attention to the customers.
He seems to be blinded by dollar signs and apparently thinks he can get more from the cash cows than the cash cows can produce.
I’d have to imagine that George is not the one making all of the calls about add ons. Also people are paying it so they are paying attention to the customers.

I’d have to imagine that George is not the one making all of the calls about add ons. Also people are paying it so they are paying attention to the customers.
You may be right.
But I don't think anyone has paid it yet.
I'd like to see how resort bookings are doing since the 21st.
I'm wondering how many people decided to change their plans when they found out they were being charged a new fee for nothing.

You may be right.
But I don't think anyone has paid it yet.
I'd like to see how resort bookings are doing since the 21st.
I'm wondering how many people decided to change their plans when they found out they were being charged a new fee for nothing.
I honestly think the general guest won’t bat much of an eye when booking. Die hards are the ones they are hurting.

I honestly think the general guest won’t bat much of an eye when booking. Die hards are the ones they are hurting.

Also they released new discounts on 3/21 for the summer months. I had booked a rack rate for Beach Club in July, with the discount I could save $75 a night (really $51 since I now have to pay to park). I doubt it will change bookings. Remember this won't show up till you get your bill at the end of the stay, so I doubt most people will notice.

And I’d doubt enough of them ultimately change plans. And/or they’re replaced by others happy to pay. Just my guess.

Yeah, after time it will just become what it is and people move on

Only change I can see this making Ian people that compare costs of onsite vs of site now will factor this in as well and could oush a few more towards off site but probably not a huge number in the end

Just curious why you think it's a bad thing? I don't know who takes care and creates the current merch, but I would think having some imagineers (who are supposed to be some of the most creative people on staff) create merch could yield some good results, no?
I think it will take away from what they already do.

I'm afraid I thought like @rteetz. "No time to fix up imagination, we have a new line of hats to design."

The impression I get from looking at the pictures is that the ride vehicle would be able to rotate around. Not completely sure that's all that innovative either, but maybe tilt in multiple directions or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter