News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you :)

These types or articles are always fun to imagine.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing some of them, like the soarin on the magic carpet one, but I also want to keep the original.
I thought the splash mountain discussion was interesting. The fact they ever based a ride off of the song of the south characters is crazy to think about, but I do love the ride as it is. It also fits into Frontierland relatively well (though princess and the frog could be worked into the theme I guess).

Don’t touch my Splash Mountain lol, it’s the perfect Disney attraction!
Oh I agree with you! It's a fantastic attraction and I hope they never touch it. But if they decide that the tie to Song of the South needs to be cut, then I think the idea to convert it to Princess and the Frog would be a neat way to do that.
But yeah I would definitely not be on board with them just changing it to IP for the sake of having more IP.

Well, that is what happened with 7DMT right? People were expecting a new Bug thinder and when it wasn’t they said it sucked - even though it is what Disney said it would be - a highly themed family coaster

Also just add that just because it isn’t pandora or Star Wars doesn’t mean it is a waste or will be terrible - I still think it will be a nice addition and better than the other Toy story lands out there (though still think at least one of the two new rides should have not had a height restriction)

Last October we went on Big Thunder. I've never sat in the front car before, so I'm not sure if this was an anomaly, but we were laughing at how slow it was. I could comfortably turn around and have a conversation with my brother. When we climbed the first hill, we slowed down so much over the top it felt like we were walking down the hill. Never experience the ride like that before! :rotfl: In comparison to that, 7DMT is exciting!

Looking forward to Toy Story Land. Heck, we had a ball on Goofy's Barnstormer.

Last October we went on Big Thunder. I've never sat in the front car before, so I'm not sure if this was an anomoly, but we were laughing at how slow it was. I could comfortably turn around and have a conversion with my brother. When we climbed the first hill, we slowed down so much over the top it felt like we were walking down the hill. Never experience the ride like that before! :rotfl: In comparison to that, 7DMT is exciting!

Back is best on Big Thunder.

Back is best on Big Thunder.

Yep, much better!

I see my typos in your quote. Anomoly...sorry about that everyone! And I'm not sure what would have happened if I had a conversion with my brother, but I'm betting it would have been more exciting than our conversation. :p

Last October we went on Big Thunder. I've never sat in the front car before, so I'm not sure if this was an anomaly, but we were laughing at how slow it was. I could comfortably turn around and have a conversation with my brother. When we climbed the first hill, we slowed down so much over the top it felt like we were walking down the hill. Never experience the ride like that before! :rotfl: In comparison to that, 7DMT is exciting!

It is physics, not an anomaly. In short, the front of any rollercoaster tends to go slower because it is pulling the rest of the train. The back is being pulled and feels like the fastest ride.

It is physics, not an anomaly. In short, the front of any rollercoaster tends to go slower because it is pulling the rest of the train. The back is being pulled and feels like the fastest ride.

Well yes, I understand that. I just meant it was ridiculously slow. :)

Yes that's how it feels in the front on most every rollercoaster. Much, much slower relative to seats in the middle/back.

You can just trust me on this one - I've been on many coasters, even the front car and nothing was as slow as this. It felt like we were walking. :)

The front seat does kind of make it seem like you're being held back most of the ride, right?

And you're right. I've been on many rollercoasters and it's the most pronounced on big thunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter