News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question on the promo rates - I tried searching but wasn't finding what I needed. If your stay straddles a promo (so specifically, I am there 8/26-8/30 but the promo rates end 8/28) do they only apply the promo rate up to the last day of the promotion? Would they require me to book the last 2 nights as a separate reservation if I booked the promo for the dates up to 8/28?
In the past, room discounts only applied to the nights specified in the offer so in your case you could get it for 8/26 - 8/28 but then would pay full price for the remainder of the nights. You do not need 2 different reservations, you just would not get a discounted price for the last 2 nights of your booking.

With the Quick Service discount, in the past as long as you arrived by the last night of the offer then it would apply to your entire stay.

Not to drag on the discussion of discounts here - but aren't fall discounts usually released later in the year anyway? It seems to be the pattern that a new round of discounts is released as the current round comes to a close (most "spring" offers expire next week). It stands to reason that they might still release some fall discounts in August as has been the general pattern.
In the past fall discounts were offered starting the end of April so right around now. FD in years past was announced the end of April and included dates into December. Not this year.

In the past fall discounts were offered starting the end of April so right around now. FD in years past was announced the end of April and included dates into December. Not this year.
Right .. it is already 180 days before reservations starting at the end of October. (just made my dining reservations) I am sure they want to encourage guests to be booking for the fall NOW, so if they can make their dining reservations sooner than later. The "book for fall" encouragement is their huge expansion that is opening early.

So I guess they decided instead of opening SWGE in "late fall" and offering discounts to get people to come "early fall" .. they are just opening SWGE early. So instead of a discount, you get a new land opening early (but only half of it).

Epcot will be an ugly mess for years to come .. at least in DHS . most of the mess was in the back of the park. But ya .. it will be better for it.

Right .. it is already 180 days before reservations starting at the end of October. (just made my dining reservations) I am sure they want to encourage guests to be booking for the fall NOW, so if they can make their dining reservations sooner than later. The "book for fall" encouragement is their huge expansion that is opening early.

So I guess they decided instead of opening SWGE in "late fall" and offering discounts to get people to come "early fall" .. they are just opening SWGE early. So instead of a discount, you get a new land opening early (but only half of it).

Epcot will be an ugly mess for years to come .. at least in DHS . most of the mess was in the back of the park. But ya .. it will be better for it.

Well, the entrance and parts of Future World will be a world of walls. World Showcase will be nice! We enter through IG, so will miss the front gate mess.

I think you need to put yourself into the shoes of someone who WOULD find that it is offensive to THEM specifically.

It's easy,as a white person, to blow that stuff off. How would you feel if you were a black man when that scene comes on?

Look, I am not for or against. I just try to think about how it affects someone other than ME.
How about Peter Pan? That isn't even innduendo like in Dumbo, but straight up in your face racism. They have kids singing racial slurs and the characters aren't animals that talk a certain way, they are actual Native Americans with very stereotypical features and actions.

How about Peter Pan? That isn't even innduendo like in Dumbo, but straight up in your face racism. They have kids singing racial slurs and the characters aren't animals that talk a certain way, they are actual Native Americans with very stereotypical features and actions.

I never said there wasn't a problem with Peter Pan. I was narrowing my comments to the Dumbo talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter