News Round Up 2020

Boo to anything that takes more real Woodies out of service :(. I still miss the real Texas Giant.
That’s my big issue with RMC. They have to kill a great ride to build a great ride. GCI could be doing different things with this track though. They only replaced like 20 ft of track on White Lightning.

That’s my big issue with RMC. They have to kill a great ride to build a great ride. GCI could be doing different things with this track though. They only replaced like 20 ft of track on White Lightning.
Some of the RMC conversions make sense. Like Mean Streak and Texas Giant were both extremely rough and getting worse with age. I didn't mind, but it did significantly hurt the popularity. Others, like the one at SF in ATL doesn't make any sense.

I think there reason roughness bothers people more these days is because the lap bars and seat dividers, people pin themselves in on rides you were meant to move on. It doesn't help that so many ride-ops think their jobs is brouse your legs with the lap bars.

Some of the RMC conversions make sense. Like Mean Streak and Texas Giant were both extremely rough and getting worse with age. I didn't mind, but it did significantly hurt the popularity. Others, like the one at SF in ATL doesn't make any sense.

I think there reason roughness bothers people more these days is because the lap bars and seat dividers, people pin themselves in on rides you were meant to move on. It doesn't help that so many ride-ops think their jobs is brouse your legs with the lap bars.
Iron Gwazi is the first one I’m actually excited for. Steel Vengeance is a great ride, but I definitely liked Mean Streak more. Twisted and Wicked Cyclone both pack a great punch, and at least both of those parks still have a great Wooden.

A bad restraint can really hurt a ride. Sometimes being free is what makes a ride so great like with Phoenix at Knoebels where you float half the ride or Leap the Dips with no restraints at all.

giphy.gif

can't believe I watched for 10 mins, only for a 30 second announcement. At least the test weekend worked for them and the houses will be available every day in October from the 3rd :)

Yeah that was a little bit underwhelming, but I'm glad they are doing it during the week, people will actually get to see it then.

Marathon weekend and Princess Half Marathon weekend are both now virtual. https://www.rundisney.com/advisory/
Shame .. I think that a lot of people would show up with this .. despite the virus ... especially since it 4-5 months away still.

But, I think though this pretty much says what we all already know (and have just been in denial about) ... (okay maybe that denial part is just me .. ) ....... WDW won't even be back to even close to "normal" until AT LEAST March 2021 (and more than likely summer 2021) .. Between this and the water parks (and only one) not re-opening until then this is a pretty big sign. Heck . they may just plan on running the parks as minimal as possible until the date the reservation system "expires".

I know a lot depends on the virus, but obviously Disney is just planning for the worst (because the minimal approach saves them a lot of money and headaches (from cancellations, etc.).

Makes me rethink my planned week-long late January trip at this point. It still may not be "normal" enough to make it worth it. :(

Shame .. I think that a lot of people would show up with this .. despite the virus ... especially since it 4-5 months away still.

But, I think though this pretty much says what we all already know (and have just been in denial about) ... (okay maybe that denial part is just me .. ) ....... WDW won't even be back to even close to "normal" until AT LEAST March 2021 (and more than likely summer 2021) .. Between this and the water parks (and only one) not re-opening until then this is a pretty big sign. Heck . they may just plan on running the parks as minimal as possible until the date the reservation system "expires".

I know a lot depends on the virus, but obviously Disney is just planning for the worst (because the minimal approach saves them a lot of money and headaches (from cancellations, etc.).

Makes me rethink my planned week-long late January trip at this point. It still may not be "normal" enough to make it worth it. :(

The sooner you accept it, the easier it becomes. 😀

Besides, then the little things like a park being open an hour later seem very exciting!

The sooner you accept it, the easier it becomes. 😀

Besides, then the little things like a park being open an hour later seem very exciting!
Oh I don't agree .. I think I accepted it back in August because I have found the "little" things very exciting! If they ever announce something major like M&Gs coming back .. I think I'll have a heart attack.

I've accepted it to the point that I plan on going one day in November just to experience a bit of the parks ..but January still may be "too soon" without them extending the resort discounts over the new year (which I easily see them doing at this point).

Whoa. Is that thing free moving or is it connected to the support structure in the back?
It looked like to me connected in the middle of its back for support but I don't know for sure and if it is if it would be free moving at some point. It's amazing to me either way. Such seamless bending down with that knee movement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter