News Round Up 2020

plot twist, it is actually a buddy cop comedy!

On a grander scale, you aren’t that far off lol. I’d bet around the 90 min mark is when they set their beef aside and team up, which is kind of a plot of a buddy cop movie. Partners teamed up but they can’t stand each other, get along for a little while, something happens that tears them apart, they have a common enemy/goal, team back up and beat the bad guy, happily ever after....until the sequel when jealousy tears them apart again

Ha! But it should be, right??? 😃 They can fight Mothra and Hedorah.

Gamera can be the new guy they pick on, but eventually let him join the team.

I'll stop now.

Mothra is good, in this version at least. king ghidorah and Rodan are the enemy’s for Godzilla in this one, and probably Mecha Ghidorah since regular Ghidorah was killed in the last one. I’m sure there will be quite a few more monsters added into the mix

Mothra is good, in this version at least. king ghidorah and Rodan are the enemy’s for Godzilla in this one, and probably Mecha Ghidorah since regular Ghidorah was killed in the last one. I’m sure there will be quite a few more monsters added into the mix

Mothra...she's complicated. 😄

I don’t blame theatres for being upset. They‘ll lose at least some business, and in today’s economic climate that’s not good news for them.

For me, the biggest problem with the WB/HBO Max deal is that it’s only in the US. Here in Canada, WB titles will go to theatres first (if any are left in business by that point) and then supposedly to Crave only after the full theatrical run. The HBO Max stream at home option isn’t an option for us at all.

I’ve missed going to movie theatres, and hope they can hang on after being closed fully (or open only with tiny capacity limits and no new movies - our local was mainly showing movies in Chinese with one or two older movies in English) for what’s looking like a full year at this point.

I saw that. They aren't mad mad..if you see in the article he just wants to make sure they make some money off of it. "We will aggressively pursue economic terms that preserve our business. We have already commenced an immediate and urgent dialogue with the leadership of Warner on this subject."

They were furious when they got cut out completely way back with Trolls. Remember that? When they stopped showing Universal movies? "This policy affects any and all Universal movies per se, goes into effect today and as our theaters reopen, and is not some hollow or ill-considered threat. Incidentally, this policy is not aimed solely at Universal out of pique or to be punitive in any way, it also extends to any movie maker who unilaterally abandons current windowing practices absent good faith negotiations between us, so that they as distributor and we as exhibitor both benefit and neither are hurt from such changes"

With this they just want to be sure they get that slice of the pie and enough of it. AMC and other theaters can't make it if no new movies get shown, they can't make it if the movie companies pull their releases to streaming exclusively.

To me it's a public outcry to ensure theaters don't get forgotten and AMC has clout to do it. They are concerned their clout is slipping away if the market shifts to something way different that the tradition that movie theater experience has been for so long but they are the company that is not afraid to make these bold statements. At this point with no relief in sight they are between that rock and hard place. It's been nearly 9 months of misery for these movie theaters.

On a grander scale, you aren’t that far off lol. I’d bet around the 90 min mark is when they set their beef aside and team up, which is kind of a plot of a buddy cop movie. Partners teamed up but they can’t stand each other, get along for a little while, something happens that tears them apart, they have a common enemy/goal, team back up and beat the bad guy, happily ever after....until the sequel when jealousy tears them apart again

So who is it that breaks them apart? Godzilla thinks he has a thing going with Mothra and then mistakenly thinks that King Kong was hitting on them when it was just consoling and telling them how great Godzilla really is?

So basically Godzilla meets Gilmore Girls

So who is it that breaks them apart? Godzilla thinks he has a thing going with Mothra and then mistakenly thinks that King Kong was hitting on them when it was just consoling and telling them how great Godzilla really is?

Id be fine with a Godzilla/Kong/Mothra/Rodan/Ghidorah reality series in the vein of Jersey Shore

2916A283-B5C3-4083-927B-DAD36370A7AC.jpeg

Not sure if anyone collects these. I know they’re popular because I see these things in almost every store. I just thought it was cool because you rarely see anything collectible related (that won’t cost you an arm and a leg) in the likeness of Walt.

Ah! Your classic misunderstanding ala Three's Company. :D

I'm not up and up on runDisney much but do you think they will move to less attention towards in-person even after places have been given clearance to have in-person events such as these? I feel like I remember over the last few years runDisney events becoming less and less.
I certainly hope not. It’s hard to tell too. In person races across the country are all in jeopardy. Many of these companies won’t survive.

As for runDisney they focus lower crowd periods to drive up attendance. runDisney pre-pandemic was still extremely popular with races selling out in mere minutes.

I certainly hope not. It’s hard to tell too. In person races across the country are all in jeopardy. Many of these companies won’t survive.

As for runDisney they focus lower crowd periods to drive up attendance. runDisney pre-pandemic was still extremely popular with races selling out in mere minutes.
I wonder if companies will be able to at least limp along with virtual races or not? I know a few people who do run events every now and then but most of the time it's the experience they enjoy not necessarily running (or power walking or walking) itself so I'm not sure if they would long-term jump on to being virtual. Sadly I think you're right that many of the companies won't survive :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter