News Round Up 2020

Just watched it last Friday. Not that it was bad, it was pretty good, but best animated feature? I guess the competition was pretty thin.
Yeah it didn’t win the golden globe and frozen 2 didn’t even get the Oscar nomination for animated film.

Just watched it last Friday. Not that it was bad, it was pretty good, but best animated feature? I guess the competition was pretty thin.

many academy voters have admitted in years past they don’t care to actually watch the animated films and just vote for whatever Disney put out, since they have the most name recognition. Animators generally don’t take the oscars too seriously, and look to other awards like the Annie’s instead.

Simply from the PR perspective of big company/public school, the big company is going to come out with egg on their face. Which is exactly what happened. And then Iger paid the bill, which was a good call, but the "after" is rarely as useful in PR purposes as the "original". Overall, this cost more to Disney than the $250 was worth.

Yep... I live in a small rural town in WNY. I had to run into the local chocolate shop today to buy something to send to my parents for V-Day. As I was shopping there are two older (probably mid-70's) ladies, one customer and one cashier, chatting about this news story and how 'disgusting' it was to make them pay $250 to show 'an old movie' (which I think is wrong, it was the new Lion King, right?) and how Disney "isn't what it used to be". The topic came up because this chocolate shop sells "Star Wars chocolates" that are shaped like the Millenium Falcon and the cashier pondered if Disney would come and charge her for it. Of course I wasn't getting in the middle of that conversation, but there it is... stuff like that spreads fast. They didn't seem to know about Iger's retraction and apology. The company doesn't have the gentle impression that it once did.

Yep... I live in a small rural town in WNY. I had to run into the local chocolate shop today to buy something to send to my parents for V-Day. As I was shopping there are two older (probably mid-70's) ladies, one customer and one cashier, chatting about this news story and how 'disgusting' it was to make them pay $250 to show 'an old movie' (which I think is wrong, it was the new Lion King, right?) and how Disney "isn't what it used to be". The topic came up because this chocolate shop sells "Star Wars chocolates" that are shaped like the Millenium Falcon and the cashier pondered if Disney would come and charge her for it. Of course I wasn't getting in the middle of that conversation, but there it is... stuff like that spreads fast. They didn't seem to know about Iger's retraction and apology. The company doesn't have the gentle impression that it once did.
WooHoo WNY!

(sorry everybody else)

Interesting ..... It wasn't even the best Disney animated movie this year ;)
I think from a film quality standpoint, it's definitely the better between it and Frozen 2. Frozen obviously has the higher appeal and music, but I think Toy Story 4 tells a much better story. I don't think it deserved to win Best Animated Feature compared to the other nominees, though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter