• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

News Round Up 2020

This all definitely makes sense considering they just upped the price of MaxPass 33% to $20/day. I love MaxPass, but it blows me away that there's such a tax on a system that WDW visitors get for free.

$20 might be the tipping point for me, though I did love MaxPass.

I think we all knew the price increases were coming.

Last edited:
Hey @tlmadden73 - Look on Sams or Tickets at Work now. That's what we did last increase. They are allowed to sell out of the ones they have at the old price. When you buy an AP now, it is a "voucher" that can be used until 12/31/2030. We did this last June after the increase and I won't be activating my new AP until this Friday. They were kind of hard to find on both of those sites. I had to search for annual pass instead of just clicking through to Disney tickets. You get an email with the activation code and can put that in MDE. This is what mine looks like now on my MDE account.

View attachment 472852
I looked at Tickets at Work and that price is 1085.99 (after tax) -- so that is pretty significant discount from 1272.68(after tax) for the new price .. a $200 difference. I am purchasing that pass today.

Thanks for that suggestion.
CORRECTION - the Ticket at Work price is 1158.58 (after taxes) .. so only a $114 difference .. still significantly cheaper than using a Target Red card 5% discount

Last edited:
So basically, the new "Radiator Springs" fastpass that everyone will stampede for. Fun.
I don't believe there will be a stampede. As it is right now, there are no FastPass machines for the ride. They may make it MaxPass only.

Just ordered my tickets for December through UT. Saved almost $300. Wonder how long they will have the tickets left at this now old price.
Last time, it was about a week. I was right in the thick of it getting my son's turning 3 pass and deciding to go ahead and buy new ones for us (in June '19 for Feb '20). I was also helping some friends watch and they ended up missing them about a week later. Looked one day, slept on it, and different price the next day.

I looked at Tickets at Work and that price is 1085.99 (after tax) -- so that is pretty significant discount from 1272.68(after tax) for the new price .. a $200 difference. I am purchasing that pass today.
Thanks for that suggestion.
CORRECTION - the Ticket at Work price is 1158.58 (after taxes) .. so only a $114 difference .. still significantly cheaper than using a Target Red card 5% discount

You're welcome! What was crazy to me last year is that getting 4 APs at the old price in June was only $100 more than getting 3 APs at the new price! I really think we may be tapped out after this year. APs til Feb 14, 2021 it is!

This all definitely makes sense considering they just upped the price of MaxPass 33% to $20/day. I love MaxPass, but it blows me away that there's such a tax on a system that WDW visitors get for free.

Maxpass also includes photopass which seems to get forgotten. It also shortens your window for getting anothetr fp vs the paper tickets amd it let's you hold multiple if you do it right within your windows. Not the same thing as wdw.

It's not quite the same system though. Not as drastically different as FP and EP at Universal but still.

But $20 bites all the same. I didn't happen to look, apologies, but did they raise the MP add on to APs for DLR? Last I remember seeing it was $100 which was basically a steal.

Disneyland is similar to WDW in that if for some reason I can't use my ticket, I can apply the price to future tickets correct? Wanting to go ahead and buy from UT, but don't want to lose out on that money for the 1% chance that I don't go this summer.

$20 might be the tipping point for me, though I did love MaxPass.

I think we all knew the price increases were coming.
Agreed. On our DL trip last fall, we planned to do one day of MaxPass but loved it so much we did 4. $15 felt a little high, but worth it. $20 feels kind of iffy...definitely won't do it for several days in a row!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter