News Round Up 2020

And this is why I told my family and roommate to buy their tickets before February. Did any of them listen to me? NOPE!

Crap
$75 increase on the Platinum Pass ..sigh .. that eats up the AP discount at AOA I have booked and was going to use by getting my daughter the AP (since she is the only one without tickets).. I may just ditch that ..and get my daughter regular tickets for two upcoming potential trips. I had pretty much felt the discounts plus the memory maker .. plus the free parking was going to be made up with the new higher cost .... but the NEW NEW higher cost? Just tougher and tougher to make that call.

I feel we used to have a few day notice on the rumor mill on price increases. Not anymore? Coulda shoulda woulda - I knew a price increase was coming soon .. just didn't want to pull the trigger 5 months before a trip :(.

Well no rush to get the AP now.

Well darn, I got bit too. Got busy with work and son's birthday party. I told some friends a while ago to buy tickets. I bet they haven't done it yet for their late April/early May trip. I don't think they believe me. I secretly suspect they won't buy tickets in time for their 60 day FP date. I even gave them a really good write up on everything, I mean everything, since they have never been. They keep sending me links to articles about what you should eat at WDW. Those things/places were already in my email! They probably won't get to eat any of it, since I bet they haven't made ADRs yet. You can lead a horse to water...

Oh well, off to pay $76 more for my AP and hopefully previously priced tickets from UT. Luckily, I will still save with the AP for me considering tickets and tour discounts.

NEWS

Regal Eagle Menu board revealed

https://blogmickey.com/2020/02/regal-eagle-smokehouse-walk-up-bar-menu-revealed-at-epcot
@sachilles - I notice that it has the 8 beers on tap and then 4 wines on tap so I am thinking when you noticed there were more taps than initial beers mentioned those extra ones are for wine, not more beer options, unfortunately. And it seems pretty "set", not like it is chalkboard that could be updated often .... pretty disappointing beer list to be honest vs what it could be

NEWS

https://blogmickey.com/2020/02/regal-eagle-smokehouse-walk-up-bar-menu-revealed-at-epcot
@sachilles - I notice that it has the 8 beers on tap and then 4 wines on tap so I am thinking when you noticed there were more taps than initial beers mentioned those extra ones are for wine, not more beer options, unfortunately. And it seems pretty "set", not like it is chalkboard that could be updated often .... pretty disappointing beer list to be honest vs what it could be

Yeah, happy to see the Cigar City IPA.

They need another 5 like that.....

NEWS

Likely want to keep it smaller and simpler because this is inside a theme park and a quick service not something in Disney springs or a sit down.

Likely want to keep it smaller and simpler because this is inside a theme park and a quick service not something in Disney springs or a sit down.

understood, but they have better options during the festivals and stuff.

And I don't need the entire thing changing every week or anything, but they could rotate the Sam to be the seasonal each season. They could have something from Funky Buddha if they want a Florida brewery - could be a lot better without going crazy

Or heck, if they aren't going to go all in on being a real "craft beer bar" then don't put it in the title of the restaurant!

And I don't need the entire thing changing every week or anything, but they could rotate the Sam to be the seasonal each season. They could have something from Funky Buddha if they want a Florida brewery - could be a lot better without going crazy

Or heck, if they aren't going to go all in on being a real "craft beer bar" then don't put it in the title of the restaurant!
They still could rotate these. Also festivals are special occasions and not always full pours. I’m not one that likes a lot of IPAs so this post doesn’t bother me much. I also find large lists intimidating and do more harm to me as a consumer than good because I have no idea what to choose.

Yeah, I think because of the name I was hoping for at least some options that aren't mostly available at other places in the parks. They're still good beers, but I think I was hopeful for some unique options. Definitely hoping it's open for our trip in a couple weeks though!

Maxpass also includes photopass which seems to get forgotten. It also shortens your window for getting anothetr fp vs the paper tickets amd it let's you hold multiple if you do it right within your windows. Not the same thing as wdw.
Maybe not, but the technology is the same. Not to mention that Photopass and the shortened booking window has been in place since it was introduced at $10/day. There's no real reason to double the price in 1-2 years when there haven't been any significant added benefits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter