News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited about the JC update. I’m really surprised this wasn’t announced over the summer along with Splash. The racism is clearly depicted and occurs throughout much of the ride, whereas on Splash all the characters are animals. It doesn’t sound like they are literally removing everything either, more of a update to eradicate the racism and add a new storyline- so part of the history of the ride will still be there.

Excited about the JC update. I’m really surprised this wasn’t announced over the summer along with Splash. The racism is clearly depicted and occurs throughout much of the ride, whereas on Splash all the characters are animals. It doesn’t sound like they are literally removing everything either, more of a update to eradicate the racism and add a new storyline- so part of the history of the ride will still be there.
Been on the ride 100+ times, never ever considered any "racism" storylines. But I guess if one wants to look for that kind of stuff you can find it anywhere.

It actually looks like CMs are blocked from all 4 parks beginning 2/13. That’s the Saturday at the beginning of President’s Day week which is usually a big northeast week off of school time. I can’t see them opening Rat right at a time like that, if anything I could see them waiting a week or 2 after that week to open it.

All 4 parks! Did @rteetz clickbait us?

The person I got that from didn’t say all 4 parks so... that said I am surprised they have blocked all four during that time. I know it’s busy but it’s not Christmas.
Yeah I am pretty shocked it’s all 4 too. If anything I would have seen them leaving Epcot open, so maybe it is a sign of the Rat?

CM’s are blocked from all 4 parks from February 13 to the end of February. March isn’t posted yet. They’ve been blocked from Epcot on most Saturdays since reopening, but usually not mid week. What’s going on the last week of February to block out all parks mid week?

Been on the ride 100+ times, never ever considered any "racism" storylines. But I guess if one wants to look for that kind of stuff you can find it anywhere.

Interesting. This is one of the only comments I’ve seen that doesn’t acknowledge that outdated depictions exist at all.

The issue is pretty clear - the indigenous people of color are depicted as savages through the colonialist’s perspective. Pretty hard to miss that.

I am a big (really big) fan of Jungle Cruise overall, but these depictions are pretty cringey. Disney is being careful to not change the overall spirit of the ride, maintain the nostalgia, but give it a long-deserved update. This change seems pretty universally accepted so far even among the biggest Jungle Cruise fans.

Interesting. This is one of the only comments I’ve seen that doesn’t acknowledge that outdated depictions exist at all.

The issue is pretty clear - the indigenous people of color are depicted as savages through the colonialist’s perspective. Pretty hard to miss that.

I am a big (really big) fan of Jungle Cruise overall, but these depictions are pretty cringey. Disney is being careful to not change the overall spirit of the ride, maintain the nostalgia, but give it a long-deserved update. This change seems pretty universally accepted so far even among the biggest Jungle Cruise fans.
savages for sure, I mean, they still love DISCO!! lol
But in all seriousness, I'm just happy it's getting some love and attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter