News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
2010 is much later than I would have thought. I do feel like the stuff aimed at little kids has a pretty short shelf life. They grow out of it so quickly. Really surprised that Barney had that kind of staying power.
Actually its a little surprising they would get rid of it NOW as people who watched it as a kid are starting to grow up and have babies and are more likely to foist Barney upon them

Actually its a little surprising they would get rid of it NOW as people who watched it as a kid are starting to grow up and have babies and are more likely to foist Barney upon them

It was always sparsely attended though, recently. Not even 1/4 full the few times I saw it the past six years or so. But a lot of things from my childhood have made a comeback! Spirit (horse), Looney Tunes, Trolls, Blues Clues...

News
Barney show at Universal not coming back

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/02/barney-universal-cancelled-ad1/
Trying to fall asleep and came across this. Not surprised, but nooo! Not Barney! :( I LOVED Barney as a kid. It was always the same person playing the host/helper every time I saw it the past few years...he seemed to love it.
Not too surprised tbh. Saw it in 2017 with my niece. There were three parties in total in the whole theater, and this was early August in the middle of a day

2010 is much later than I would have thought. I do feel like the stuff aimed at little kids has a pretty short shelf life. They grow out of it so quickly. Really surprised that Barney had that kind of staying power.
Always new kids.

This may have been covered, but first time I'm seeing it. Disney's take-over of Morocco Pavilion - a little redecorating. I like it so far!

Link from a trusted site! Pic below also from Blog Mickey.
https://blogmickey.com/2021/02/new-theming-arrives-at-morocco-pavilion-in-epcot/
View attachment 554259

Morocco, especially in the back near Marrakesh, has always been a go-to quiet space without much foot traffic so when my young toddler needed to just get out of the stroller/carrier and walk some, we went back there to let him roam.

I forgot about the popularity of "the wall" and there was literally a LINE for it.

Not a single store or restaurant open back there but it was pretty busy... this was a couple of weeks ago. I'm guessing these updates were done near Spice Road at the shops that are still open?

I am crossing my fingers they reopen Tangierine again soon! It's my favorite.

I don't know how interested everyone is in the socially distanced Food and Wine Classic events the Swan and Dolphin has been having, but we've done two and really enjoyed them. Anyway, the news I have is that the Tailgate event in this series scheduled for Feb 7 for the Superbowl was cancelled today. I don't have a link for the cancellation because I found out when the resort called me this afternoon, followed by the cancellation email I received. They said it was cancelled for low sales, which is surprising since the January 16 event was well attended.

Here's a link for back when they announced the events:

I read a different report somewhere else, but basically they want to move theme parks into tier 3 instead of tier 4.
This makes sense to me, especially since they will have to follow all the guidelines. The current tier 4 position seems highly unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter