No Availability with AP site

ms.ojo said:
That's funny that it would be a blocked site. Must be a lot of Disneyaholics where you work.

But hey, I think you're being saved a lot of grief. One minute I'm in, next I'm not. One minute the rate for a mod is $121.50...then it's ~$105 but I get haulted before I'm able to book it!! then nothing again. :rotfl2:

I guess so....I can get to the DCL site but not WDW...:(

I just hope there is availability for my Oct dates.....!!

Plus $105 at value season is not what I call a great discount (putting on my flame suit for all those who will say we should be grateful for anything) I'm just saying for value season at a moderate....I was hoping for something in the low $80's....plus taxes of course.

Just been on phone to Disney who advised their availablity server is done. They have no idea when it will become available. They assure me there is availability in the resorts but they have to be booked online. No way round it I'm afraid. I live in England and have spent over 1 hour making International Calls to try to find out what is going on. All seems rather disorganised to me. New Package but systems is unable to cope???

I just tried and got into the system, yet did not get any discounts on and resorts while there. (Oct 22-28) I hope they fix this soon. I only have 3 more days before I can not book anymore.

Debbie

wirki said:
I just tried and got into the system, yet did not get any discounts on and resorts while there. (Oct 22-28) I hope they fix this soon. I only have 3 more days before I can not book anymore.

Debbie

that worries me too....we are checking in 10/26 so my time is almost up as well....if not we are staying 2 nights in December for MVMCP so I can try for then....:)

I am sure they are tweaking it.

But also just as we have discussed the mass calling to CRO to check on possible discounts and the problems that caused, I have a feeling there is also a huge number of people using the system just to look at what is being offered and not truly booking. I mean we have people going through the system and putting in a huge number of dates, getting the rates coming back here posting them and it seems they weren't even sure if they were going to use it.

This is slowing the system down or completely blocking out those that are trying to book and not just on there to have a look.

lillygator said:
too many DIS'ers clogging up the systems!! :)

I wondered about that.... :rolleyes: But aren't we just a very small % of the total Disney population??/??? :confused3

ms.ojo said:
I wondered about that.... :rolleyes: But aren't we just a very small % of the total Disney population??/??? :confused3

Might be a small percentage of the total Disney population, but a few thousand storming a computer server at one time can wreck havoc. I mean we all know that from what happens to the server here.

ms.ojo said:

That is what I keep reading!! :rotfl:

same thing here! Driving me NUTS. I can't even get dates at rack rates to show availability :confused3
Last night i could pull up dates at AP rates for late october. they must be tinkering - hopefully in a GOOD way :teeth:

Well if they don't like the fact that we flood CRO with calls about discounts every day they better be prepared to have tons of people online checking everyday. Otherwise you are going to have problems both ways, people calling about the system, to avoid the system and then people clogging up the system.

we wouldn't be clogging the system so much if they put a "sorry, can't access this program" msg right at the start....versus allowing is us to get through 5 or 6 screens of booking info'n until they post the msg "no availability" or "need a valid TA # to book" msg!!!! You think you're in....but you aren't! :confused3

well it's looking like the mod rate for Dec is going to be $105/night but darned if I can book it! The system halts me at the Magical expres page and keeps wanting me to fax them paperwork of my TA info'n!!! :rotfl2:

Sammie said:
I am sure they are tweaking it.

But also just as we have discussed the mass calling to CRO to check on possible discounts and the problems that caused, I have a feeling there is also a huge number of people using the system just to look at what is being offered and not truly booking. I mean we have people going through the system and putting in a huge number of dates, getting the rates coming back here posting them and it seems they weren't even sure if they were going to use it.

This is slowing the system down or completely blocking out those that are trying to book and not just on there to have a look.
----------------

Hmmm...they chose to make this offer an "on-line" only system and now they can't handle the volume of people who need to "look" and fiddle with dates to determine "if" they can take advantage of it, "if" they feel the rates are good enough, and "if" the dates they need are available?

What did they expect people to do? Sign on blindly and say, "Okay - give me any resort, any room, any dates and we're good to go"?? :confused3

ms.ojo said:
well it's looking like the mod rate for Dec is going to be $105/night but darned if I can book it! The system halts me at the Magical expres page and keeps wanting me to fax them paperwork of my TA info'n!!! :rotfl2:

Same here too. I got $575 for 4 nights at the AKL/standard room, Dec.1-5 and only got as far as you before it said something about not being a TA and registered.

C.Ann said:
----------------

Hmmm...they chose to make this offer an "on-line" only system and now they can't handle the volume of people who need to "look" and fiddle with dates to determine "if" they can take advantage of it, "if" they feel the rates are good enough, and "if" the dates they need are available?

What did they expect people to do? Sign on blindly and say, "Okay - give me any resort, any room, any dates and we're good to go"?? :confused3

I agree, they had to know that with as many calls as they were getting to CRO that it would be that many or more hits to their website.....

Just tried to book a mod rate. Got a decent rate, but was stopped at the magical express page too. Seems like Disney has the "start before the bugs are worked out" way of doing business down to an art form, doesn't it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter