No wonder I'm single; I'm a Disney dork

From what I've expierenced, some CM's who work the front lines, would rather hang out some place else on their days off. It doesn't mean they lack the passion for WDW, just that after working so many hours, they rather have a change of scenery.

My hubby and I are both out and proud, proclaimed DisneyDorks. Heck, look in my signature and check out the DisneyDork tshirts we made for ourselves. We wear them every time we go to the parks. People go nuts over them. Not only do we admit it, we're proud to wear it on our chest. :)

My hubby and I are both out and proud, proclaimed DisneyDorks. Heck, look in my signature and check out the DisneyDork tshirts we made for ourselves. We wear them every time we go to the parks. People go nuts over them. Not only do we admit it, we're proud to wear it on our chest. :)

mmmm. chest

4711648977_4ce901db95_m.jpg

TJM, I can understand your anguish. I'm sort of in the same boat - well apart from living within spitting distance to The World! ;)

We've just got to hope that one day Prince Charming will one day arrive on Snowball and whisk us away! :D

I've always been fascinated with WDW history - really Disney history period - for about as long as I can remember. I used to carry around The First Decade book all the time when I was in elementary school in the 80s. (whoops, just dated myself)

I'm actually reading Realityland right now, and I've got both Imagineering books on my nightstand.

And I LOVE looking at vintage pics. I could while away some serious time on imagineeringdisney.com.

I'm right there with you JT. It was always about the Parks for me growing up - that sort of "living theatre" and escape, I guess. So, as I got older, the history, forgotten ideas, etc. followed pretty naturally. Doing my CP program down there in 2002 just cemented the deal.

So, I think this makes us the nerds of the geeky Disney dorks. :faint:

I've always been fascinated with WDW history - really Disney history period - for about as long as I can remember. I used to carry around The First Decade book all the time when I was in elementary school in the 80s. (whoops, just dated myself) I'm actually reading Realityland right now, and I've got both Imagineering books on my nightstand. And I LOVE looking at vintage pics. I could while away some serious time on imagineeringdisney.com.

I thought I was the only one who enjoyed vintage pics! :) I often search YouTube for old videos of the parks.
I've read Realityland twice. Great book.

So, I think this makes us the nerds of the geeky Disney dorks.

Epcot82Guy, I think you're right!

I often search YouTube for old videos of the parks.

Do you remember the old Dateline Walt Disney World snippets that used to air on the Disney Channel in the 80's, TJM1976??

Been in love with all things Disney since my first visit in 1972 with my grandparents. Proud to be a Disney Dork! :-)

Epcot82Guy, I think you're right! Do you remember the old Dateline Walt Disney World snippets that used to air on the Disney Channel in the 80's, TJM1976??
Never heard of those. When I grew up, we didn't have the Disney channel. :-( I've just spent the last 2 hours looking on YouTube at the videos of the Imagination Pavilion (abandoned) second level.

From what I understand AK will be open later and will have nighttime Serengeti Safari oppurtunities. I am unsure if it will start this summer or if it will be next year after the full expansion. There is also a new nighttime show that will be on the river between DI and Asia. It sounds exciting.
I am a self proclaimed WDW addict who thinks Disney is cheaper then therapy and that Oliver and Company is a masterpiece of film. My next investment is tattoos of Disney characters. Strangely enough my Disney addiction is not the top reason I am single though it may be in the top 3.

I'm a Disney dork too! Nothing to be ashamed of ;) although now you mention it I am single................................

It's an interesting concept. At first I wasn't sure about it, but it seems like they're bringing in some big name folks. At any rate, it's a great - all be it pricey - way to be in AK at night. I've never had the chance to be in AK after dark, but judging by pictures, it's really beautiful.

I bit the bullet and bought tickets. I look at it this way.... MNSSHP and MVMCP happens each year. And Hoop-de-Do is on going, but Harambe Nights is something new to experience.

I wish I could go to Harambe Nights but don't want to go alone. When are you going? Single here too lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter