• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

North Carolina

Disney Nutz,

My DH hits the Fuquay HD from time to time!

SLDL said:
Hey North Carolinians!! I think it is so interesting that Florida didn't get the brunt of the hurricane (at least I don't think so). Yet we came home to a house w/ no power...it finally came back. I am not expecting it to be on long though. I am so weird...I couldn't get ready for bed until the lights came back on!! And where are we going tomorrow? The beach. Carolina Beach actually. This just eases my anxieties about going to DW in Sept....if a hurricane arises, I'm just as likely to feel it here as I am there!

I live about 35 minutes N or Wilmington and it was certainly bad over here. We finally got power back last night and cable sometime late in the day. I woke up at 2 in the morning and couldn't believe it was so bad. I don't like when we get the hurricanes/storms at night. You hear the noise but its pitch black so you can't see what the noise is! We lost a tree and the shed. For a tropical storm it certainly came in with gusto. I have been watching the news and Carolina Beach area of Wilmington got alot of flooding. My county was on National news with all the flooding. It certainly was a strange storm! We have been through many hurricanes including Bertha and Fran, and others but this one rivaled Floyd in many ways.
Glad things are getting back to normal!
Kelly

:wave: Hi all NC'ers.

We're leaving 2 weeks from today (on 9/16) anyone else??? :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Let's hope for some cooler weather and NO hurricanes!!!

Wow :sunny: Glad for the most part you all survived the Big mighty Ernesto. pirate: We actually got hit with this nasty never ending rain and lightening storm Wednesday night and Lightening struck our cable box, Yuck. Our house has a history with the magic of lightening, You see 10 years ago it hit the roof and took off our third story by way of fire, :furious: So this house must actually like lightening. All is well now. Glad you all are safe and We are still in on our Countdown to the most magical place on earth. :hourglass

KristiKelly said:
:wave: Hi all NC'ers.

We're leaving 2 weeks from today (on 9/16) anyone else??? :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Let's hope for some cooler weather and NO hurricanes!!!

We are leaving 9/14!

We leave in 10 days. Can't wait!! I'm with ya on the cooler weather thing but I am not opptimistic. Today is a gorgeous day I would love it if it would stay like this around here at least we'd be coming home to nicer weather. Praying for no hurricanes either. :goodvibes

DW and I were out and about this morning and discussing the blue skies and WHAT ELSE? Our next trip to Disney World. We are flying and discussing how nice it would be to have blue skies like todays. Here's to wishing you and yours the most magical trip! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

We are from Greenville, NC. My DH and I both grew up here and we have two DD ages 9 and 7. I work part time as a RN in the Pediatric ICU and my husband owns Jersey Mikes subs. We will be going to Disney for the 4th time Jan. 29 thru Feb. 1. My sisters family and our parents will be going with us and it is their first Disney trip. I wish we could go in Sept. too but my husband thinks I'm a Disney addict. Is anyone else from NC going when we are?

mma said:
We are from Greenville, NC. My DH and I both grew up here and we have two DD ages 9 and 7. I work part time as a RN in the Pediatric ICU and my husband owns Jersey Mikes subs. We will be going to Disney for the 4th time Jan. 29 thru Feb. 1. My sisters family and our parents will be going with us and it is their first Disney trip. I wish we could go in Sept. too but my husband thinks I'm a Disney addict. Is anyone else from NC going when we are?

Hey, I'm from Wilson!

We are going in December. I have friends there right now. She called me today to 'rub it it' :furious: LOL

DisneyNutz we are staying at the Coronado too. :thumbsup2

Kelly, We enjoyed the beautiful weather of Wilmington this weekend!! Have you ever eaten at the Pilot House? We did this weekend & it was yummy! I love the downtown area!

SLDL said:
Kelly, We enjoyed the beautiful weather of Wilmington this weekend!! Have you ever eaten at the Pilot House? We did this weekend & it was yummy! I love the downtown area!

I have not eaten there but if you get the chance there is a "AnnaBelle's" restaurant there and it is the BEST. And yes, we did have great weather this weekend..but already raining again this morning!

Kelly

does that count? :) Have never been...anyone from the area? What's it like?

The hotel that we're staying in looks nice enough.

Hi Sorul82 I think you are the closest Diser I have met yet. I don't know of anyone else in the eastern part of the state on these boards. Do you?

mma said:
Hi Sorul82 I think you are the closest Diser I have met yet. I don't know of anyone else in the eastern part of the state on these boards. Do you?

We are! :cheer2: :cheer2: Down south of you!

Kelly

mma said:

Another DISer, NC State, is from Johnston Co. She and I had some good exchanges going on the sweet tea thread! We were talking about bottlegging sweet tea at Disney since they only have unsweetened tea. I have met someone from Angier and White Lake, but I have met anyone else yet from downeast.

wewantmore said:
We are going in December. I have friends there right now. She called me today to 'rub it it' :furious: LOL

DisneyNutz we are staying at the Coronado too. :thumbsup2

How about yourselves? Maybe we will see you there :thumbsup2 Best wishes on your trip :cool1:

Just trying to wake up this thread!! Anyone planning a trip this year? We are going March 1-7 and driving for the first time!!

Hi!! We are from Gastonia NC and we are planning a surprise trip for
Thanksgiving. Can't wait!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter