North To Alaska--May 3, 2011 on the Disney Wonder

I can't believe my last day at work has finally arrived! Busy day tomorrow with the last minute details before catching our flight very early Saturday morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the ship Tuesday. Safe travels everyone!

Today was my last day as well. However, we don't get to leave until Monday. Safe travels.

Jon

Good Morning Repo travelers (of you are following this).

KRON 4 morning news showed the Wonder docked in SF this morning. And it is a wonder morning here, clear sunny skies, tho chilly at 50 degrees.

We will be stopping by the docks to see the Wonder this evening as we stay in SF tonight before heading north to Vancouver on Saturday.

Hello,
I am so sorry I have been so busy at work that I have not disboarded at all. My cabin number is 7063.
I am so looking forward to it. I still have one work day to go. i hope to see everyone out partying with me:cool1:

Whoever is going to scrapbook stores please let me know also. How many did you find listed? I may get a chance to go to one depending on traffic and how long the border crossing takes.

I think it is me you are thinking of. I PM someone about the locations. I am currently in Vancouver and have plans to go. I haven't been checking in here very much since we are officially "on vacation" so you can PM me or email disneyscrappers@hotmail.com. Not sure how often I will check my inbox though.

The biggest scrap stores are
-Precious Memories
-Clipper Street: both are 1 hour+ traffic away from the cruise pier
-The Scrapbook Warehouse: this one is closer to the pier but still quite a drive. Not a very big store

I think you may be shocked at the prices, compared to what you pay in the US. Things tend to be more expensive here. Or at least that has been my experience.

Today is my packing/errands/so excited I can't focus day! Wondering about the weather and just how much rain to expect. Hopefully it will just be drizzle and not downpours. Anxious to get to Vancouver and on the Wonder!!

Today is my packing/errands/so excited I can't focus day! Wondering about the weather and just how much rain to expect. Hopefully it will just be drizzle and not downpours. Anxious to get to Vancouver and on the Wonder!!

It will not be a Louisiana rain that is for sure. I lived in Louisiana for high school and college before moving to Seattle and what we call rain here you call drizzle, BUT our rain is cold, very cold, compared to what you are used to.

Where in Louisiana are you located?

It will not be a Louisiana rain that is for sure. I lived in Louisiana for high school and college before moving to Seattle and what we call rain here you call drizzle, BUT our rain is cold, very cold, compared to what you are used to.

Where in Louisiana are you located?

Hi we are in Slidell, north of New Orleans. Where are you from? As for the rain, I can live with drizzle and actually will enjoy it! I'm not originally from LA, but after 20+ years (and marrying a native) I guess my blood thinned...I get chilly when its below 70. :rotfl: My 10 yo son is like a little engine, he's always warm so the colder the better for him. Either way, can't wait to get there!

Hi we are in Slidell, north of New Orleans. Where are you from? As for the rain, I can live with drizzle and actually will enjoy it! I'm not originally from LA, but after 20+ years (and marrying a native) I guess my blood thinned...I get chilly when its below 70. :rotfl: My 10 yo son is like a little engine, he's always warm so the colder the better for him. Either way, can't wait to get there!

High school in Shreveport, lived on Barksdale AFB, went to Louisiana Tech in Ruston. Family in Lake Charles and friends all over..including a high school classmate now in Slidell. One of the things I miss the most and can't get around here anywhere are camilla red beans! Have to find a new online store and order some...where I used to shop didn't survive Katrina. Look forward to meeting you on the ship. Do you have a cabin # yet? We are in 7638.

I think it is me you are thinking of. I PM someone about the locations. I am currently in Vancouver and have plans to go. I haven't been checking in here very much since we are officially "on vacation" so you can PM me or email disneyscrappers@hotmail.com. Not sure how often I will check my inbox though.

The biggest scrap stores are
-Precious Memories
-Clipper Street: both are 1 hour+ traffic away from the cruise pier
-The Scrapbook Warehouse: this one is closer to the pier but still quite a drive. Not a very big store

I think you may be shocked at the prices, compared to what you pay in the US. Things tend to be more expensive here. Or at least that has been my experience.

I live only 3 hrs from border so I am used to Canadian prices...over the years it has either cost more or been way cheaper to shop in Canada depending on the value of a dollar. On years it is cheaper in Canada we have made some fun shopping trips to Victoria and Vancouver. Did you find anything unique to Canada to make it worth the "hunt" on Monday?

Packing for the Bahamas is easy... Alaska clothes sure take up a lot more room in the suitcase! Still trying to condense. Can't wait to get on board!!!

Packing for the Bahamas is easy... Alaska clothes sure take up a lot more room in the suitcase! Still trying to condense. Can't wait to get on board!!!

Looking at the weather we just have to pack our everyday clothes. The forcast looks the same as it is in southern Ontario right now, cool and rain :headache:

Jon

Finally managed to get all the suitcases packed. I think we must be doing too many extra activities on board..never had so much to bring - plus it is the first time we are bringing pirate costumes.
Some of the weather forecast is changing, so we could get a small break later. One thing we have learned living in the Pacific Northwest is the weather forecast we get in the morning has only a 50/50 chance of being right. It can change so fast on the west coast ocean areas that we never worry about it anymore....so think positive everyone!

Now that we are in Vancouver, it is raining. Great start to our vacation. Looking forward to meeting all of you in less then 24hr.

Happy Sails to all of you trailblazers to the Alaskan territories! Be safe and take lots of pictures!

Now that we are in Vancouver, it is raining. Great start to our vacation. Looking forward to meeting all of you in less then 24hr.

Got here yesterday and the weather was great. Today, wasn't so bad, rainy but not pouring and nothing a hood or umbrella didn't solve. :)

Went up to the revolving restaurant for lunch and had some great views of the city and it looks to be a great place to snap a pic of the Wonder tomorrow (tho, that won't be us, too busy embarking).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter