North To Alaska--May 3, 2011 on the Disney Wonder

Leaving on the May 17th cruise and wanted to see if anyone on the first cruise got an upgrade at the port. If so how much did it cost. We are hoping to get one.

Can't wait to leave. From all the pix of your cruise, Alaska is beautiful.

I know someone who bought a port upgrade form inside to ocean view for "around $300". So the $50 per night per room type guideline should probably work for planning purposes.

I think there was a bit of pixie dust floating through the air on our cruise also, since it wasn't sold out...

Did anybody use the Disney hotel to port transportation option. If so would you explain the process. With the Fairmont Waterfront right at Canada Place I am wondering what the benfit would be?

thanks

Just when I thought I was done, I have yet another question for those who just finish this WONDERful cruise...

In looking at the navigators that have been posted, the only characters I see listed for greetings are Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, and the Princesses. We are used to seeing so many more on the Carribean cruises such as Chip-n-Dale, Capt Hook, Peter Pan, Stitch, Daisy, etc etc etc. Are these really the only characters on board?

Thanks again!

Just when I thought I was done, I have yet another question for those who just finish this WONDERful cruise...

In looking at the navigators that have been posted, the only characters I see listed for greetings are Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, and the Princesses. We are used to seeing so many more on the Carribean cruises such as Chip-n-Dale, Capt Hook, Peter Pan, Stitch, Daisy, etc etc etc. Are these really the only characters on board?

Thanks again!

There was Koda, Kenai, Chip, Dale, Peter Pan, Hook, Captain Jack and Daisy also.

back at work this morning (ugh).

Thanks to everyone for such a great cruise!

Did anybody use the Disney hotel to port transportation option. If so would you explain the process. With the Fairmont Waterfront right at Canada Place I am wondering what the benfit would be?

thanks

We did (well sort of). The main benefit is DCL taking your luggage over for you. They'll send someone around (bellhop) to your room around 10 am to collect your luggage. You'll meet the DCL reps in the lobby around 12 and they'll take you across the street around 12:30. You'll also complete your check-in there instead of the terminal. We ended up getting out KTTW cards from them early and just walking over ourselves.

It looks like everyone had an amazing time on the Inaugural Alaska cruise! Can't wait till ours on June 28th! I have a few questions in regards to the kids clubs...

1)normally they are open till 1am but it lists the club being closed at 10 or 11pm on some night. Are all the kids in the lab then? or are younger kids to be picked up by then?

2) I didn't see the Royal Ball, How to be a Mousketeer, or Goofy PJ party on the schedule. Do they not have these bigger events in the clubs anymore?

3) Do they still have the graduation ceremony for the kids? That was so fun to see and I didn't see it listed.

THANKS!!!!!!!

We did (well sort of). The main benefit is DCL taking your luggage over for you. They'll send someone around (bellhop) to your room around 10 am to collect your luggage. You'll meet the DCL reps in the lobby around 12 and they'll take you across the street around 12:30. You'll also complete your check-in there instead of the terminal. We ended up getting out KTTW cards from them early and just walking over ourselves.

thank you, that helps.

It looks like everyone had an amazing time on the Inaugural Alaska cruise! Can't wait till ours on June 28th! I have a few questions in regards to the kids clubs...

1)normally they are open till 1am but it lists the club being closed at 10 or 11pm on some night. Are all the kids in the lab then? or are younger kids to be picked up by then?

2) I didn't see the Royal Ball, How to be a Mousketeer, or Goofy PJ party on the schedule. Do they not have these bigger events in the clubs anymore?

3) Do they still have the graduation ceremony for the kids? That was so fun to see and I didn't see it listed.

THANKS!!!!!!!

Just got back home yesterday (spent some time in Seattle before heading home) and we had a FANTASTIC time! Thanks to everyone who participated in the FE exchange, that was my kids' favorite part!

I don't think there was a Royal Ball, but we did have So You Want to be a Mouseketeer. I "think" there was a Goofy PJ Party since I saw some pillow cases on the art table but my kids didn't go. There is also a Tea Party onboard. Its free, you just have to sign up for it when you first get onboard and they give you tickets.

They don't have the graduation ceremony anymore and they don't get the mortarboard hats either. Instead, they take all the kids to the Walt Disney Theatre for a show called "Friendship Rocks." The kids get red, blue or yellow shirts they get to keep and when they get back to the clubs after the show they have the counselors and new friends sign them. *Since we had these from our last cruise, I gave them to guest services on day 1 and had the characters sign them. So that's what the kids got to wear as we were debarking the ship.*

Also, a bit of stargazing was available. Elizabeth Mitchell, "Juliet" on Lost and new star of V, was on our cruise! I ran into her a few times, especially when we were going through Tracy Arm. Very pleasant. :cool1:

I don't think there was a Royal Ball, but we did have So You Want to be a Mouseketeer. I "think" there was a Goofy PJ Party since I saw some pillow cases on the art table but my kids didn't go. There is also a Tea Party onboard. Its free, you just have to sign up for it when you first get onboard and they give you tickets.

They don't have the graduation ceremony anymore and they don't get the mortarboard hats either. Instead, they take all the kids to the Walt Disney Theatre for a show called "Friendship Rocks." The kids get red, blue or yellow shirts they get to keep and when they get back to the clubs after the show they have the counselors and new friends sign them. *Since we had these from our last cruise, I gave them to guest services on day 1 and had the characters sign them. So that's what the kids got to wear as we were debarking the ship.*

thanks for the info! I had wondered if they were doing the tea also! Glad they are as we've never done it before. Great idea with the old shirt from Friendship Rocks. We have them from before too...I may use that idea:cool1:

Just got back home yesterday (spent some time in Seattle before heading home) and we had a FANTASTIC time! Thanks to everyone who participated in the FE exchange, that was my kids' favorite part!

Also, a bit of stargazing was available. Elizabeth Mitchell, "Juliet" on Lost and new star of V, was on our cruise! I ran into her a few times, especially when we were going through Tracy Arm. Very pleasant. :cool1:

Elizabeth Mitchell, no way Agent Evans was on our cruise and I missed it!!!! This is what I get for being lazy and spending too much time in my stateroom.

Elizabeth Mitchell, no way Agent Evans was on our cruise and I missed it!!!! This is what I get for being lazy and spending too much time in my stateroom.

Yep! She kept away from the crowds but we saw her looking at the icebergs in Tracy Arm starboard side, Deck 9 forward.

Anyone have a extra Don Ducky Williams litho that they would like to "trade" for vinylmation etc? Thanks CG

Had one of our best vacations ever....alot has to do with the people we met.
Thank you all for being what we hoped....GREAT DCL CRUISERS!!!!
Hope to see everyone on a future cruise

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

next for us:
Hawaii April 2012
Fantasy: Trick or treating on the high seas 27 Oct 2012

Peace!

Anybody else not heard back yet on onboard booking cards you turned in?

They indicated due to so many booking requests that we would be notified later when they were processed. I turned in a card saying to BOOK two placeholder cruises and use the credit card on file, but nothing has been processed yet. My sister turned in one the same day (but several hours earlier) and she got notification debarkation morning that hers had been processed.

I won't panic if some of you say yours haven't been processed yet...otherwise, who do I call???? (Checked my visa and no charges have been processed yet.)

:confused3

Hey all....we are back safe and sound in Rochester, too. We've been back almost a week now...took that long to get KIND of caught up and log back onto the boards. Just want to echo what everyone said. This was an amazing trip for us (hopefully you'll all go back and read our blog of the trip to relive the memories like we do! :thumbsup2).....and we just want to say thank you to all our old and new cruise friends for making it such a special and amazing trip!

Now the Dream in September....then a WONDERful trip to Hawaii and two MAGICal trips out of NYC next summer!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter