Northern Sights and Mickey's MAGICal Delights-1st Baltic Cruise-June 12,2010-Pt 2

We are finally back in Chicago and somewhat recovered from our jet lag. I wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful and creative FE gifts. My daughter loved finding them in our FE every time we returned to our staterooms.

I am not sure if anyone brought this up but Don "Duckie" Williams was on board the ship. My DD literally ran into him at the hand sanitation station the third night on board and our waiter confirmed that it was indeed Duckie sitting 2 table away from us. I know that he personally signed the inaugural lithographs that appeared in our staterooms one night but I don't know if he made any other appearaces on board in an official capacity.

We had a great time at Wimbledon on Friday and Margaret got autographs from Justine Henin and Leyton Hewitt and was within touching distance from Rodger Federer before he stopped signing autographs.

Ducky was on the cruise, but only as a guest. I heard that he wanted to work this cruise, but was told they didn't have any room in the schedule for him. Sure could have fooled me.

I been avoiding showing me face here....First off, thank you all very much for the gifts! Everytime we went back to our room there was something new on our door ...Anyway, I am sorry we did not provide any gifts to the other DISers. You guys are so artsy and creative! Thank you all so much! It was so fun to see all the creative ways you guys came up with to make memorabila for the cruise.~Mike

Sorry to say, I'm with you on this!! My FE gifts didn't make it to the boat, but the missing bag was returned to me when I got home!! I thought about picking something up in the gift shop, checked for "Mickey candy" (was told it was all gone!), and just worried about it all week!

Thank you, everyone, for the wonderful, creative gifts. I guess I should be happy my FEs are pirate themed, so I can try to take them again!!!

:rotfl2:

Sail away was quite chillly. Joanne and her family were selected as the family of the day and got to be first on board. Heading now to Oslo, day at sea tomorrow. More on my blog....
We were 'selected' to be the last people on board.

Hi Everyone!
We walked through the door about 8pm last night.
We were in Paris and DLP until yesterday.
We really enjoyed meeting and putting faces to names of those we did get to meet, all of the FE gifts and the Secret Mickey's. Thank you to all of you for making this an even more awesome trip!
We also spent time in Paris after the cruise. Boy, was it hot after the Baltic.

Thanks for everyone indulging Sarah, even when she was having a mini meltdown (or a more major one as on the train from Berlin).

Not really sure what that means. We're you asked if you would like to stay longer? Or were you held hostage?
Neither. We were just running super late.

The fickle finger of fate and the immenseness of Leeds Castle 'selected' us for the honor of last aboard.

The fickle finger of fate and the immenseness of Leeds Castle 'selected' us for the honor of last aboard.

We did Leeds Castle the day we disembarked the ship before going to London for a couple of days. Loved the castle. Well worth the visit. Got some beautiful pictures.

How close were you to sailaway when you boarded?

We're back in the groove after this wonderful trip. I'm still sorting through my pictures and trying to remember what we saw and did. I was blown away by all the creative and thoughtful FE gifts. It was so nice of everyone and always makes it fun coming back to the room and find a suprise. I want to especially thank my Secret Mickey! You were so creative! I looked forward to my red bag each day!

Hope to see you all again sometime. Our next trip will be Alaska in June. Time to start setting the DVR for Alaska shows.

We did Leeds Castle the day we disembarked the ship before going to London for a couple of days. Loved the castle. Well worth the visit. Got some beautiful pictures.

How close were you to sailaway when you boarded?
I'm not sure. Maybe about ten minutes.

We got home Monday afternoon after 4 more days in London. We went to Stonehenge, Bath and Salisbury on Friday. On Saturday went saw Oliver and went to the London Ice Bar. Sunday we took the train to Hampton Court. Sarah's fav parts of the trip were going to the Ice Bar in Copenhagen and London. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and hopefully will see you again on future cruises.
Carol

Oh, I see. I actually thought you meant that you were the last to disembark the ship after the cruise.

Oh, I see. I actually thought you meant that you were the last to disembark the ship after the cruise.
No, we were actually with the first group off since we had to hurry to Ashford to catch the train to DLP. (We should have just stayed in London, instead; but that's another story.)

Part 2 of the Baltic Pictures are up:

Baltic Cruise part 2

Virgil
pirate:

-------------

Thank you. Thank you. i am truly in tears. your pictures are so beautiful. it is everything i hoped for. Even to the windmills. As someone who works in the energy industry and is deeply distressed over the Gulf well i look longingly at those beautiful windmills and say to those who would not have them in their yards (e.g., cape wind) ... see.. see.. how beautiful they are. how wonderfully they fit in that magestic, amazing landscape.

So So sorry for pontificating... but truly.. these are beautiful pictures and these people have something to teach us. This is a wonderful work. and if i've been too political in my comments please feel free to delete my response. but thank you!!!

Fabulous photos - I love the wind turbines too! We have some out to sea in front of our house, we watched them go up when we first moved in and heard the grumbles - I guess if you had a million pound property on the sea front maybe they may not be to your taste but I LOVE coming over the brow of the hill and seeing them lit up with the sun or hovering in the haze.

Kit

Most of the time when we were up by the pools there was only a handful of people in the pools. One day (can't remember which) the Mickey pool was completely empty.

We came across it closed a few times - once when someone let their child in with out a swim nappy .... and the other time because the sea was so rough! Our little boy went in quite happily whatever the weather though we did pack him a shorty wetsuit I think he would have gone in anyway ... I sat in the pool with him a few times and it was not too bad. He did often have it to himself though.

Kit

We came across it closed a few times - once when someone let their child in with out a swim nappy .... and the other time because the sea was so rough! Our little boy went in quite happily whatever the weather though we did pack him a shorty wetsuit I think he would have gone in anyway ... I sat in the pool with him a few times and it was not too bad. He did often have it to himself though.

Kit

Now that you mention it I do recall a couple of times when the pools were closed. I remember one day when they had completely drained the Goofy pool.

Did anyone take a picture of the display navigation map that was out by treasue ketch, if ya did would be willing to share with me please pm me, thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter