not sure if this is the correct board - Magic Bands - pros / cons of putting credit card on it

On our last trip, it was so cool to use the magic bands for everything. My first day back home, I missed using the magic band for shopping. It felt odd to be without it.

I don't see any difference between using a credit card and charging on the Magicband. For both, you need self control to manage your spending. I keep all receipts for any purchases to verify anyways. We never carry a balance on our credit cards so for us, it's all about convenience. We use the Magicband wherever possible while at WDW!
I agree. I checked receipts before leaving the restaurant to verify that they charged my dining plan and to see how many I had left. The charges to my debit card were checked snd subtracted every night. It’s just so convenient, and I stay on top of receipts.

With the update to MDE now you can see room charges without having to go to desk. Makes it easier to keep track of spending.

And for the larger group- go to front desk to have each attach their credit card and pin. As someone else said Disney is NOT good at separating the charges even after this! We had issues in October but front desk was able to sort out.

We've charged to our room, before and after magic bands, and haven't had an issue...so far. Knock on wood! I have a set amount to spend and we've never exceeded it. We don't shop much, though. Our charges are mostly food and drink, which are pretty easy to estimate.

I do take a cc and a little cash with me, just in case. Systems can go down and there were some kiosks that weren't set up for charging. I'm not sure if those still exist but I'd rather avoid inconvenience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter