November 2011 car rentals

:confused3 I'm getting a good rate with the following codes:

ID 7015135
Rate code AW7M
Coupon Code AD2723SAM

But now I can't remember where they came from! Can you tell me if I will need to show any documents when I pick up the car in order to use these rates?

Thanks so very much!!

ID 7015135
Rate code AW7M
Coupon Code AD2723SAM

But now I can't remember where they came from! Can you tell me if I will need to show any documents when I pick up the car in order to use these rates?

Thanks so very much!!

Wow, I used the above and my rate jumped $50 more.

another idea if I just rented some where near bay lake towers for a few days? where would I get a car?? how does that work?? Thank you for your help:goodvibes
Well, I'm not an expert but I'll try to help with this last part. Although I have never done it, I would suggest the Disney Car Care Center which is near BLT and the Transportation & Ticket Center (though not within walking distance). I would check the dates you want and put a reservation in. To get a shuttle ride over to the car care center, you call at least an hour before you want to be picked up and they will come and get you. When you drop the car back off, then take the shuttle back to BLT. At least that's what I plan to do if I need to rent from CCC. When you get on the Alamo site, just select the CCC instead of the airport. To see all the Orlando locations that Alamo uses, put "Orlando" into the location box and Alamo will take you to a page that lists all the locations. I'm guessing someone who knows more than me will add to this info.

ID 7015135
Rate code AW7M
Coupon Code AD2723SAM

Thanks so very much!!

That coupon code is a $25 off from Alamo
Most of the coupons are virtual and they usually don't ask for any documents.
The last time I was at Alamo was 3 weeks ago and I did not have to show them anything and I was using a Costco code.

I'm down to $77! Had to switch to a mid-size, but I'm okay with that. Used the insiders code and the $35 coupon! P.S. this never works when I click modify, I keep making new ressies and cancelling the other ones

Thanks to the person that posted the Mini Van rate thread I was able to get a 12 night rental for right around $400 which was my limit! :cool1:

Alamo
Contract ID # 430710 (Walmart)
Coupon AD2724FZA (Alamo Insiders - $35 off weekly) - this requires a valid Alamo Insiders membership ID (which is free).

I Ended up with a Mini Van from 11/10-11/22 for $406.65!

We were previously booked with Budget for around $350 which only covered our first 8 days. So happy to now have our entire trip covered!! WOOT!

I'm using the insider's code and the $35 coupon and it said I can't check in online. I did update all of my info and it said I could use the kiosk. I'm happy with my $77.15 rate, so a few extra mins getting the car is ok with me!

Hope this helps others!

I'm using the insider's code and the $35 coupon and it said I can't check in online. I did update all of my info and it said I could use the kiosk. I'm happy with my $77.15 rate, so a few extra mins getting the car is ok with me!

Hope this helps others!

I have always used the kiosk and the most I had to wait was like 5 minutes just so you know!! That is my rate also, and I'm sooooo glad I read these boards, because I started around $250!

I've been playing with Alamo rates for a while and found a rate change just by changing the pickup time. Renting a full size car the first week of dec. Price was around $160 using the alamo insider picking up the car at 10:30am Saturday and dropping it at 3pm the following Saturday. I changed the pickup time to 11pm from 10:30 and the rate dropped to $109. So, you may want to play with the pickup times a little to see if the rate changes.

Hi lawgs. Thanks for the info. I have been in Alamo mode past several trips. Any suggested codes and/or coupons?

hi dan
sorry for the late reply....autumn leaves have been calling us the last couple of days....

we were toying with alamo also for our november december trip since the national rates have been so high, but for a few more dollars will go with national since they have the rent two get one free promo on, plus we are now at 96 days for the year and moved to the next tier level in emerald club

for first rental we are 8 days from nov 24 to december 2 ( rate seemed to be better with more than 7 day rental ) the second for dec 2 we scored while on vacation in october ...must have just caught it right since it was dec 2 - 9 for 112$ all in...this too has changed now to a higher rate when we check it.....

as far as codes.....

5007160 and the ND8578ADT 35$ off....but now the rates have gone sky high for our dates in nov-dec

5028683 entertainment and 35$ off seems to give a better base rate 222 instead of 5007160 base rate of 452 now for our dates....at the moment

as far as to when i checked....the times i seem to get the best is between midnight and 2 am ( for nov 24 date above i got the good rate in that time slot, but checked again before going to bed and it had gone to 500$ base rate... the dec 2 rate was done after midnight too when i was just checking on a whim....)

as with everyone else it is hard to make any guess as to why the rates bounce around, we truly thought we were going to have to bite the bullet and go with alamo since our nov 24 all in rate had been 300$ for a long while but for 25$ difference now we will do EA where the chances of a "nice" upgrade will be possible

Thanks much, lawgs. It is amazing how the rates bounce all over the place. Frequent checking works best.

I need a minivan or anything that can hold 6 people

11/25 thur 12/1.

I'm not sure what you would consider a good rate - but we have a minivan rented through Alamo for 11/20 - 12/1. When I first started looking a few months ago the best rates I could find were close to $700. I've been checking (and re-checking!) every day and right now, our total rate for that time frame is around $350 for a minivan. I used Insiders code 7014667 and coupon AD2359FDF. I thought I would be happy if I could get the rate closer to $500 so I'm thrilled with this price!

Edited to add - I checked back again last night and now our rate is down to $321 for a minivan using these same codes. Woo hoo!!!

The Alamo discounts just keep getting better.... I just rebooked AGAIN this time using in the discount box SUNPROMO and in the Discount coupon box AD2359FDF this gave me an add'l 15% and $35 off the rental. Making my 9 day rental from Dolphin 11/17-11/26 $233.44. The price has dropped $110 since I started booking!

Good Luck and keep checking!!!
~Nannette

The Alamo discounts just keep getting better.... I just rebooked AGAIN this time using in the discount box SUNPROMO and in the Discount coupon box AD2359FDF this gave me an add'l 15% and $35 off the rental. Making my 9 day rental from Dolphin 11/17-11/26 $233.44. The price has dropped $110 since I started booking!

Good Luck and keep checking!!!
~Nannette

Congrats & thanks! But for me this is sooooo frustrating! I cleared cookies & when I try to book as you did, it says DROP-OFF location-Dolphin- not available!!! When I do Airport for p/u & d/O rate is $200 higher than I already have! What the heck???:confused3

Just rebooked through Costco 11/20-11/29 for a Full Size- $131.78!!! We've already booked and rebooked 3 times, but this is even $50 less than what I had it booked for just a couple weeks ago.

Costco automatically applies the codes- looks like a 25% off code is being used with the AD8221SDF $30 off.

Congrats & thanks! But for me this is sooooo frustrating! I cleared cookies & when I try to book as you did, it says DROP-OFF location-Dolphin- not available!!! When I do Airport for p/u & d/O rate is $200 higher than I already have! What the heck???:confused3

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. I could try on my end if you'd like me too and see if it works for me if you give me your dates?? Are you picking up and dropping off at Dolphin and what time where you trying cause Dolphin isn't open past 4... maybe thats the problem??

~Nannette

Nannette - I plugged in the codes you mentioned and did get a better deal, but it also said I have to have the coupon when I pick up the car in order for it to be effective. Do you know where I can get one? Thanks!

Nannette - I plugged in the codes you mentioned and did get a better deal, but it also said I have to have the coupon when I pick up the car in order for it to be effective. Do you know where I can get one? Thanks!

Code came from the Alamo website... I don't see a coupon. It says they may ask for it when you pick up the car. I'll take a chance and see, just tell them it came from the Alamo website. Under sun and fun...

~Nannette

Nannette - I called Alamo and they said the deal is fine without a printout! I got a full size car for a week in November for only $75!!! Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter