November Wait List Thread

We tried to book a 3 bedroom Grand Villa at OKW for November, and were waitlisted today. This is the first time I'll be using points for a WDW vacation, so not entirely sure how it works. Currently reserved for 2 bdr SS for the week, but would like the villa for how many are in our party.

I called WDW reservations, and there was lots of availability for 3 bdr villas at OKW. When I called DVC back and told them, they said it wasn't in their inventory so they couldn't book me on points. After 90 minutes speaking with the manager, lots of explanations, and me a bit steamed that anybody paying cash could book the villas as OKW, but those of us that paid $50,000 for points CAN'T, there was still nothing they could do.

Very very new to this thread here, as this situation just happened today. Is this typical that there is availability through WDW reservations, but NOT DVC? I have some small hopes seeing that people were reserved within a month of getting waitlisted. Any tips or advice, or do I just wait it out like everyone here? Thanks in advance for any help.
Chris

Hi Chris and welcome to the DVC Boards.

Yes, this is how the system works. There are a certain number of rooms at each resort that are held aside for CRO/cash paying guests and for other reasons (like when people trade out, but this is a bit more complicated to explain). Thus, the website might show availablility, and then when you go to book through MS they state that there is nothing available. There are 2 separate inventories. DVC gets the VAST majority of rooms (something like 95%) but as I said, a few get set aside...this is simply part of the program.

My guess is that getting on the wait list at the stage of the game is a good thing and you could very easily get what you want. Good luck.

Hi Chris and welcome to the DVC Boards.

Yes, this is how the system works. There are a certain number of rooms at each resort that are held aside for CRO/cash paying guests and for other reasons (like when people trade out, but this is a bit more complicated to explain). Thus, the website might show availablility, and then when you go to book through MS they state that there is nothing available. There are 2 separate inventories. DVC gets the VAST majority of rooms (something like 95%) but as I said, a few get set aside...this is simply part of the program.

My guess is that getting on the wait list at the stage of the game is a good thing and you could very easily get what you want. Good luck.

Thank you very much, that information is perfectly clear and I appreciate hearing it from someone who knows other than Disney themselves. Thanks!!

I'm waitlisted at BCV and BWV preferred view for a 1 bdrm 11/4-11/10. I've been on the waitlist since 4/11. I made a backup reservation at SSR. Unfortunately I don't have enough points to waitlist day by day and keep my SSR reservation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :worried:

I called today and booked SSR 1 bedroom Nov 11-16 with no problem. Then I tried to book BCV Nov 9-11 studio and of course it wasn't available! I checked the WLV and they had a studio available for that weekend. I guess I will just book the WL and get on the waitlist for BCV. I will ditch them both if I am lucky to get AKV!!! So count me in for the waitlist for BCV studio Nov 9-11 because I will be calling tomorrow.

I was able to switch to BCV yesterday for Nov 10 - 17. Had to sacrifice and take a 1 BD instead of a 2 BD but I was on the fence about 1 BD vs 2 BD anyway, so this made my decision for me. Now we won't have to have studio one night and 2 BD the rest of the time and possibly having to change rooms. There was availability for BWV too for all nights but Nov 11.

Good luck everyone!

We decided to move our vacation up a week from 11/4-11/10 to 10/28-11/3. We thought maybe we would have a better chance of getting into BCV or BWV that week since our original dates were during Jersey week. I called last Saturday and was able to get a 1 bdrm PV at BWV, and I waitlisted BCV. When I checked my account on the DVC member website Monday morning my waitlist for BCV had already come through!! :banana: :cheer2: We were originally waitlisted for BWV and BCV for 11/4-11/10 so hopefully that should move some of you up the waitlist!!

We are booked for OKW from 11/6 - 11/11. But we waitlisted for a preferred studio at BCV or BWV. We called the first day of our seven month window! Hoping our waitlist comes through but not feeling very optomistic:sad2:

Right now, we're w'listed VWL/studio for Dec 1, 2, 3. 7 month opens up next week and hoping to get BWV for Nov 30, 1 then stay BWI Dec 2, 3.

Here's hoping!

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

I called this morning to change SSR to BCV for Nov. 28-29. I want to stay at BCV from Nov.28-30 and then SSR from Dec. 1-8. When I called they had studios and 1 bedrooms available!! I took a studio just to save some points. We will be staying in a 1 bedroom at SSR for the rest of our stay. Now, I just have to call tomorrow and get the studio for Nov. 30th! I am surprised how easy it was. I thought I might have to waitlist! I am doing the happy dance!! :yay: :yay:

my THANKSGIVING night waitlist BOARDWALK VIEW STUDIO came through last week....i just found out today!!!!!!!!!:yay:

We`ve got two nights at VWL 25/26 Nov and waitlisted for 27/28. I was surprised how easy it was to get those first two nights.
We`ve got 19 days to plan, so the remaining 17 are at SSR, though I think we`ll try for a week at OKW and maybe a weekend at BWV.
There`s just the two of us so its easy to move around :goodvibes

Hello!

I also changed from SSR to BCV for Nov 14-16 this morning! :)

Lol! I switched out of BCV!
I switched out of BCV studio 11/13 - 11/18
I'm at BWV:banana: I've got a BW view studio for all the
days but one (of course right in the middle:rolleyes: )
The one night in the middle is a pool/garden view
so I'm still at the Boardwalk,
I just have to move rooms maybe...

Lol! I switched out of BCV!
I switched out of BCV studio 11/13 - 11/18
I'm at BWV:banana: I've got a BW view studio for all the
days but one (of course right in the middle:rolleyes: )
The one night in the middle is a pool/garden view
so I'm still at the Boardwalk,
I just have to move rooms maybe...

You trying to avoid me?? :confused3 :rotfl:

Glad you've almost got what you wanted.
I'm more than happy with our split stay.

I'm still on the wait list for BWV and BCV. I've heard that the boardwalk view is the way to go at BWV so that's what I have as my preference, but I'm thinking of switching to any available view. How substantially different are the views? Could I improve my chances significantly if I switch to any available view? Any knowledge you guys can share with this n00b would be great :goodvibes

I got my third night at BCV!! We are now set for Nov. 28-Dec.1 at BCV and Dec. 1 - 7th at SSR! Now I just have to wait another 210 days!!!

You trying to avoid me?? :confused3 :rotfl:

Glad you've almost got what you wanted.
I'm more than happy with our split stay.

:lmao: yup, I'm hiding at the Boardwalk -
You should come and try and find me
one night at Jellyrolls:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter