OCTOBER 2016 Car Rental Rate Watch Thread

I just booked with the Vegas Brazil code...we did a compact. It didn't mention the CDW being included, and instead asked if I wanted to add it on for a higher price. This is a good thing, correct?

Went ahead and booked an intermediate SUV when we purchased our park tickets from UT. It was the $246 price. I checked Costco, and they weren't quite close. We used Alamo last trip so we have Insiders. Even with the coupon code, contract code, and Insider pricing it was still $341 for a midsize SUV....... We will be watching, though! The rental car we booked is through Budget, and they have been hit or miss.

What's CDW?

CDW is a comprehensive insurance for rental cars. The challenge with the VegasBrazil code is that if you get CDW and you have an accident, but you were not actually eligible for the code in the first place, the CDW will not be valid. But, if you have CDW, you regular car insurance or credit card coverage will not be valid either, leading to significant potential financial exposure.

I just booked a minivan 10/5-10/12 for $204 with Dollar using City Special. I am normally an Alamo renter, but Dollar is less than 1/2 the price!

I just nudged my rate down a tad.....my 15 day rental, full size car, is now $351 with tax. Still with Dollar, booked through carrentalsavers.com, no codes/coupons.

My 15 day rental is down again today. $295.03 with Dollar, all taxes and fees included, for a full size car. No codes or coupons, pick up October 14th at 10 am, drop off October 28th at 2 pm.

I have an Alamo coupon code for $30 off. AD2338FDF
Not sure where it came from, but it still works.

How did you get it so low, I arrive the 14th also

I try to run my dates every few days through carrentalsavers.com. I noticed the price was super low, so tried the dates and times on Dollar's site directly. Same price, so I booked it via Dollar direct. No codes, no coupons.....just a fantastic rate (especially this far out!).

CDW is a comprehensive insurance for rental cars. The challenge with the VegasBrazil code is that if you get CDW and you have an accident, but you were not actually eligible for the code in the first place, the CDW will not be valid. But, if you have CDW, you regular car insurance or credit card coverage will not be valid either, leading to significant potential financial exposure.

CDW is not insurance, it just means Alamo will clear you of responsibility in case of an accident. So if you get caught using the code illegally why can't your insurance cover it?

Secondly if Alamo gives you the car with a code being used illegally don't they have to take responsibility for that?

I was able to use the Vegas Brazil code
7016427 for Alamo for a pickup at the shades of green location for a minivan and it let me remove the CDW and gave me $245 for a week total 10/1 to 10/8. I am pretty happy with that its about $40 lower than the rate I got using the United.com booking thru hertz. I know the CDW is the concern for these and usually it's standard on anything about compact in FL I think? Just checked and this coupon AD2338FDF posted above from candle lady gave an extra 30 off! So $215!

I think it is specific to renting at that location and perhaps even the minivan. The first time I did it it let me remove it. Now when I try to duplicate it isn't added automatically which is good. Did you try a minivan at the shades of green location?

I've played around with the various locations and I have only been able to get the CDW off at the shades of green location on a minivan. Disney car care location was 169 for the week but had the CDW which couldn't be removed so I'll just take the 211. I am booking on the mobile app. I hope someone else can use this!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    267.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image.png
    image.png
    290.3 KB · Views: 6
booked my 1st alamo for this trip. Only class the CDW wasn't included was for compact-sigh.

I Was just able to move up to a midsize for upcoming May trip and re-book w/o the CDW. I haven't found a way to remove it from a reservation...just need to watch and pounce.

anyway used 7016427 (VB) & a $35 coupon (google is my friend:rolleyes1not going to post as they are 'affinity' codes for specific groups). At least two new $35 ones out there. Since they aren't general public codes, you need to make sure you qualify to use them or risk having them denied at the counter.

compact - $121.34, 8 days beginning 10/1.

Why don't you want the CDW on this reservation if it's included?

Because it's using a corporate code that no one is sure who the intended legal recipients were suppose to be (most likely international visitors and not american license holders). Hence you don't want to have it on your reservation and then get in a accident. Your personal insurance can and most likely will refuse a claim once the car rental company provides documentation of your fraudulent contract. (IMHO, don't have actual experience with this and never plan to. I do know that insurance companies look for any loophole out of paying, if they can. Fraud is magic to their eyes.)

Because it's using a corporate code that no one is sure who the intended legal recipients were suppose to be (most likely international visitors and not american license holders). Hence you don't want to have it on your reservation and then get in a accident. Your personal insurance can and most likely will refuse a claim once the car rental company provides documentation of your fraudulent contract. (IMHO, don't have actual experience with this and never plan to. I do know that insurance companies look for any loophole out of paying, if they can. Fraud is magic to their eyes.)

And once again I ask, if Alamo releases a vehicle to you with the Vegas code aren't they the ones liable? The code is on my reservation so therefore they should be checking to see if I'm eligible for the code before I leave with the vehicle. If they allow me to leave, as far as I'm concerned, they are telling me it's legal for me to use that code. Luckily I don't even have to worry about this, because my rental didn't include the CDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter