OCTOBER 2016 Car Rental Rate Watch Thread

And once again I ask, if Alamo releases a vehicle to you with the Vegas code aren't they the ones liable? The code is on my reservation so therefore they should be checking to see if I'm eligible for the code before I leave with the vehicle. If they allow me to leave, as far as I'm concerned, they are telling me it's legal for me to use that code. Luckily I don't even have to worry about this, because my rental didn't include the CDW.

No they are not. The duty is on you to prove your eligibility for any code whether that be IBM, Siemens, HP, Honeywell etc. Your reservation is your signed contract to them signaling you are qualified. They take you at face value on your word as you leave there lot. Get in a accident however and watch how your qualifications are then checked.

No they are not. The duty is on you to prove your eligibility for any code whether that be IBM, Siemens, HP, Honeywell etc. Your reservation is your signed contract to them signaling you are qualified. They take you at face value on your word as you leave there lot. Get in a accident however and watch how your qualifications are then checked.

So the rental company will check my license, they will check my credit card, but they shouldn't have to check if I'm eligible to use a code that I made my reservation with. Sorry but I believe any company should be responsible to make sure that whoever is using their services is doing it legally.

I think it is specific to renting at that location and perhaps even the minivan. The first time I did it it let me remove it. Now when I try to duplicate it isn't added automatically which is good. Did you try a minivan at the shades of green location?

Oh ok. I missed the SOG part. I was looking for a minivan from MCO. Thanks!

So the rental company will check my license, they will check my credit card, but they shouldn't have to check if I'm eligible to use a code that I made my reservation with. Sorry but I believe any company should be responsible to make sure that whoever is using their services is doing it legally.
if you would read the carriage of contract that you agree to abide by when renting a vehicle, i'm sure they have covered all their bases by having you self-state your eligibility to apply a code to a reservation.

Most of the amazing corporate codes tend to quit producing. just my thoughts, too many people using or calling the company red-flags them. this one has managed to hang on longer than most, thank goodness.

if you would read the carriage of contract that you agree to abide by when renting a vehicle, i'm sure they have covered all their bases by having you self-state your eligibility to apply a code to a reservation.

Most of the amazing corporate codes tend to quit producing. just my thoughts, too many people using or calling the company red-flags them. this one has managed to hang on longer than most, thank goodness.

Well it doesn't concern me, because I don't have the CDW included on my reservation, but someone I know is going to ask my question to a lawyer friend of theirs.

Well it doesn't concern me, because I don't have the CDW included on my reservation, but someone I know is going to ask my question to a lawyer friend of theirs.
excellent! would be nice to have a lawyer read the contract and express an official opinion - gratis. how often does that happen lol.

Just got a rental from Dollar for $152 for 7 days, city rate con a compact car (nissan versa hatchback 4 door).

I don't think anyone has started one yet, so I will do the honours :) .

This is the place to share your October car rental rates, codes, coupons and discounts :drive:.

Let's all help each other get their vehicle rentals at a great price!

CURRENT CODES, COUPONS & NEED-TO-KNOW INFO FOR GREAT RATES:

www.carrentalsavers.com
- a great resource for pricing. Codes and coupons (which are available to the general public) are automatically applied.

RBC Travel - a good resource for Canadians who have a Royal Bank Visa card. Prices are generally almost equal to those on the US sites from the major players (Dollar, Alamo, Budget, etc.) but on RBC are in Canadian dollars, saving at least the value of the current exchange rate (40% or more right now). No codes or coupons are required.

Alamo:
  • Vegas Brazil Code #7016427 (*note most rates include CDW, use code at own risk)
  • Coupon AD3868JST ($25 off)
  • The current discounted rate through your Insiders membership (free to join) is also worth checking
Dollar:
  • Check City Special and Lock Low & Go rates (automatically pops up as an option - no codes or coupons required)
  • Promo code CHEP is reported to be producing good rates
  • AAA offers are available depending on your geographic region - check website for the code for your area

I meant to ask OP what specific website with RBC travel to get info on car rentals. I can only find the RBC Rewards site where it only lists Thrifty I believe. I'm Canadian and have a RBC Visa.

I meant to ask OP what specific website with RBC travel to get info on car rentals. I can only find the RBC Rewards site where it only lists Thrifty I believe. I'm Canadian and have a RBC Visa.

This one here:

https://www.rbcrewards.com/travel-rewards/index.html

though I normally log in to my online banking first, select my Visa card from my accounts list, then click on the travel rewards website from there.

We have booked through both Budget and Dollar via RBC in the past, but Alamo, Thrifty, Enterprise, etc. are all usually listed as options as well.

Just booked a minivan through carrentalsavers for $533.43 for October 31-November 10. I'm hoping to get a better deal as we get closer.

I've been checking over the last few months for this thread so I'm glad it finally popped up! My previous reservation was for $180 for economy through Alamo 10/01-10/11. But using the vegas brazil and the $30 off code I got it down to $150! Last October we rented a car as well and the rates did NOT go down the closer we got so I'm really hoping this year that changes. Looking forward to counting down the days until our trip with you guys! :)

Finally going back after a 3 year hiatus booked a compact 10/14 -10/24 with Vegas code and 30 off coupon total all in 161.23 and NO CDW Thanks to everyone who contributed.

So my family has decided against flying this coming trip (October / November) in favor of a road trip. I cancelled the previously booked car and scored a great deal on a mini-van on carrentalsavers.com. 15 days of rental, with tax for $408.97 with unlimited miles from Dollar at Newark (EWR) Airport. We are going to take the money spent on airfare for hotels/meals along the way.

Good deals on my May rental now carry thru for October. I'm up in air as to extending trip, so have 'a few' res booked lol

weekly rate tho coming in on Oct 1 is now $104 for compact & $131 for midsize

$50 off weekly coupon $AD4004JDK

I switched to the DVC corporate code from Vegas Brazil.

Pick a code that works well for you, then add rate code AS1 and watch it drop:magnify: . should be the same as VB or in ballpark, without any pesky CDW.

good hunting all

Good deals on my May rental now carry thru for October. I'm up in air as to extending trip, so have 'a few' res booked lol

weekly rate tho coming in on Oct 1 is now $104 for compact & $131 for midsize

$50 off weekly coupon $AD4004JDK

I switched to the DVC corporate code from Vegas Brazil.

Pick a code that works well for you, then add rate code AS1 and watch it drop:magnify: . should be the same as VB or in ballpark, without any pesky CDW.

good hunting all

Before I update post 1, I just wanted to check....this is for Alamo?

I have an Disney AP, I read that there is a discount code for Alamo with for AP holder. How do I find that? I went to the AP web page and found nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter