October 29, 2005 Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Officially booked in two cabins on Deck 7 - really looking forward to it now. (and another excuse for a *bump* back to top):D

Hmmm...a lycra suit. Brave...very brave.:p

Hi everyone, :grouphug:

It has been a while since I have checked in. I am glad to see we have more posters joining in.

Trishy: Of the past Halloween cruises, the last one is the only one that we participated in the DIS T or Ting. I was not really in on the planning but I will see what I can do. I will probably need a lot of help. (Hint, Hint)

Going to a Christmas party tonight, I guess I had better get away from the computer and get something done. I will be glad when this house learns to clean itself. LOL

Rochelle
1/3 of Quackattack
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :wave:

Hi everyone ! We changed internet service and the I lost my Dis name and password , so I started from scratch. It seems that we will all have girls around the same age traveling, that will be great! My DD just turned 8 on 12/20. I'm sure we will have alot of princesses in on the TorT. Cassie wants to be Ariel but I'm sure this will change 50 times before we cruise. I hope you all had a great holiday season . Lets all try and keep in touch. :love:

Luckey

Hey everyone! We wanna come too! This will be our 3rd or 4th (depending if we go this summer in CA) cruise Disney-style. We have a Cassie, too. She'll be 7 in October. Timmy will be 12. This is our favorite itinerary and our favorite time to go.

It will be fun getting to know everyone before hand
:grouphug:

:wave: Cheri

jel0511 said:
That's funny!!! We're thinking of going as the Incredibles!! I don't know about myself getting in that lycra suit, but we'll see. My DD is also going to be 7 1/2 at the time of sailing, her birthday is May 11th. As we get closer, and their writing skills improve, we should try to get them to e-mail each other so they'll have a pal on the ship!!!!

Lori--

This is like deja vu!! Not 5 minutes ago, I responded to a post you made for the July 9th west coast cruise (on another thread), and here you are posting for the other cruise we are booked on for Oct 29th!! Unless I'm completely out of my reckoning, over 2 cruises we'll probably get to know you and yours quite well before the year is out!!

Our daughters might be good candidates to hang out together. Ours (Cassie) will be 7 at the time of sailing.

Chris

soccerdad-Chris said:
Lori--

This is like deja vu!! Not 5 minutes ago, I responded to a post you made for the July 9th west coast cruise (on another thread), and here you are posting for the other cruise we are booked on for Oct 29th!! Unless I'm completely out of my reckoning, over 2 cruises we'll probably get to know you and yours quite well before the year is out!!

Our daughters might be good candidates to hang out together. Ours (Cassie) will be 7 at the time of sailing.

Chris
We're still booked on this sailing, but we are thinking of cancelling and going on the Eastern during 7/06. We've decided to wait until after the 7/9/05 cruise and decide if we're going to be ready to cruise again so soon, probably will. So, it looks like we might be seeing A LOT of each other between 7/9/05 and 10/29/05. We're also going to San Diego a few days before our 7/9/05 cruise, so it seems like I'm stalking you!!! HA HA HA!!! :cool1:

Well..I just did my taxes..and it looks REALLY GOOD!!! Better than I ever expected...gonna be booking the cruise on January 21 ( the date of the direct deposit) so...here is my question..which is better..booking with Disney or DU?
My sister always books Disney...

Hi Everyone :wave: Count us in for the 10/29/05 cruise :earboy2: This will be our 2nd Disney cruise-- the 1st was Oct '03 -- not Halloween though. I'll introduce us: I am Jenny, my DH is Greg and we have 3 children: DS age 5, DD age 8, and DD age 11. They are very excited to meet some new friends , they met some last time and had a blast. We will be heading to the parks the week before the cruise -- can't wait :Pinkbounc

Jenny

Jen, my DD will be 7.5 at sailing...maybe our daughters can get together!

soccermom & soccerdad: Do we all have DD named Cassie?
My Cassie just turned 8 in December and is very excited about being in the lab!'
She loves science!!!
She is going to be Ariel for her character spotlight in her figure skating competitions this year so she will probably use the costume for TorT while on board. It will be cute to get a picture of them all together.
Luckey

Ok I just figuered out that soccermom & soccerdad go together.
I'm a little slow on the uptake these days.

Luckey

We will be joining you all on the halloween cruise...7 of us in total..My self, my wife...my daughter ---she will be 16 and my son..he will be 7. My BIL/SIL and their 11 year old boy will be joining us. This will be the first disney cruise for all of us. Will there be any special halloween celebration? I am sure there will. Also..will there be any ice breakers for the teens. My daughter is a little shy and I am a little concerned about her finding kids her age to hang out with...I would appreciate any info you can offer...

Thanks.. :cool1:

luckey-lasvegas said:
Ok I just figuered out that soccermom & soccerdad go together.
I'm a little slow on the uptake these days.

Luckey

No worries. As Soccermom oftens reminds me, I also sometimes forget that we go together :teleport:

These forums are the place to be if your DD is looking to make friends (aka arrange a "posse") before the cruise. That's the whole point for all of us.

4wood4one said:
We will be joining you all on the halloween cruise...7 of us in total..My self, my wife...my daughter ---she will be 16 and my son..he will be 7. My BIL/SIL and their 11 year old boy will be joining us. This will be the first disney cruise for all of us. Will there be any special halloween celebration? I am sure there will. Also..will there be any ice breakers for the teens. My daughter is a little shy and I am a little concerned about her finding kids her age to hang out with...I would appreciate any info you can offer...

Thanks.. :cool1:

We're all glad you're joining us. Is this your first Disney cruise? You can be sure there will be special Halloween activities on the ship during this cruise week. As for your "shy" daughter, this forum is a great place to identify families that have sons and daughters that are her age in advance of the cruise. What we've done with our kids is to set up an e-mail arrangement where they can correspond with potential friends before the cruise begins. However, you never know what will happen. On our last cruise, our DS had made contact with several kids his age (through this forum), but ended up being best buds with a boy whose family happened to be seated with us in our dinner rotation, and spent most of the cruise hanging out together. You just never know. The bottom line is, your kids will meet and become friends with numerous other kids, no matter what. Disney is really good at creating environments that encourage that kind of thing.

Chris

Hi everyone ! Just checking in. Lots of rain here in vegas today.
Hope you are all well.

Luckey :grouphug:

:guilty: holy cow! lot's of rain here, too! kinda makes you wish for the drought again. 10 years wasn't so bad, was it? I'm really missing the sun at this point :cool:

Is anyone the "obsessive planner" type? On the October cruise we had one who basically investigated all of the different non-Disney excursions for the different stops. (The Disney ones are ok but tend to be a little crowded and can be more touristy). So, speak up if anyone wants to surf the net and check things out. I'll buy you a drink on board :drinking1 - ok maybe two, for your hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter